Melbourne Football

RND 3 Heart v Perth (Sun 27th - away)

Cinnamon

Anyway as interesting as the Sydney City Slicker's Salary Cap is...

Who else is having money on the Wee Man to score the first goal on his debut for the Red and White?

Not having this bet but will be having some of the $34 about him with sportsbet.com.au being the leagues top scorer for the season.

Can anyone not believe he's not even quoted on tote? Ridiculous.

I called them up last year to put Huysegems & Tadic on the market and it was up a few hours later but they gave pretty shit odds (under $21) so didn't touch.

Start the two paddy's together so they can do some long balls together. We can be called 'lob city' :up:

LOB CITY HEART, LOB LOB CITY HEART

Started humming this tune as soon as I saw KOH post it ahaha, I knew I couldn't be the only one  :P

Sunday, 20 October 2013

Perth Glory v Melbourne Heart

nib Stadium, Perth

Kick-off: 2:00pm local (5:00pm AEDT)

Referee: Kris Griffiths- Jones

Assistant Referee 1: Mathew Cheeseman

Assistant Referee 2: Michal Jasinski

Fourth Official: David Bruce

TV Broadcast: 5.00pm (AEDT) Live and exclusive broadcast on FOX Sports 1HD and Sky Sport 2 (New Zealand).

Radio Broadcast: 720 ABC Perth, ABC Local Radio WA, 774 ABC Melbourne, ABC Local Radio Victoria, Grandstand Digital, Online/Mobile phone app

Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #PERvMHT

To purchase tickets visit www.aleague.com.au/tickets

Perth Glory Squad: 1.Daniel VUKOVIC (GK), 2.Jack CLISBY, 3.Brandon O’NEILL, 4.Ryan EDWARDS, 5.Steve PANTELIDIS, 6.Cameron EDWARDS, 7.Jacob BURNS ©, 8.Ryo NAGAI, 10.Jamie MACLAREN, 11.Adrian ZAHRA, 14.Steven McGARRY, 16.Sidnei SCIOLA MORAES, 17.Chris HAROLD, 18.Jack DUNCAN, 20.Daniel DE SILVA, 21.Scott JAMIESON, 23.Michael THWAITE, 24.Matthew DAVIES

**Two to be omitted**

Ins: 24.Matthew DAVIES (promoted), 8.Ryo NAGAI (promoted), 23.Michael THWAITE (promoted)

Outs: 19.Joshua RISDON (knee, 8 weeks)

Unavailable: 9.Shane SMELTZ (hip – 2 weeks), 13.Travis DODD (knee - ongoing), 15.Isaka CERNAK (hip – 2 weeks), 19.Joshua RISDON (knee, 8 weeks)

Melbourne Heart FC Squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT ©, 5.Sam MITCHINSON, 6.Patrick GERHARDT, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 11.Michael MIFSUD, 14.Golgol MEBRAHTU, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Aziz BEHICH, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 21.Stefan MAUK , 22.Nick KALMAR, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 25.Andrea MIGLIORINI

***Two to be omitted***

Ins: 11.Michael MIFSUD (returns from international duty with Malta), 5.Sam MITCHINSON (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 4.Orlando ENGELAAR (Fractured tibia – long-term), 9.Dylan MACALLISTER (Hamstring – 3-6 weeks), 10.Harry Kewell (whiplash – undisclosed), 13.Jonatan GERMANO (Hamstring – three weeks)

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Hyundai-A-League-Ins-and-Outs-%7C-Round-3/77505

Edited by Murfy1

Sunday, 20 October 2013

Perth Glory v Melbourne Heart

nib Stadium, Perth

Kick-off: 2:00pm local (5:00pm AEDT)

Referee: Kris Griffiths- Jones

Assistant Referee 1: Mathew Cheeseman

Assistant Referee 2: Michal Jasinski

Fourth Official: David Bruce

TV Broadcast: 5.00pm (AEDT) Live and exclusive broadcast on FOX Sports 1HD and Sky Sport 2 (New Zealand).

Radio Broadcast: 720 ABC Perth, ABC Local Radio WA, 774 ABC Melbourne, ABC Local Radio Victoria, Grandstand Digital, Online/Mobile phone app

Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #PERvMHT

To purchase tickets visit www.aleague.com.au/tickets

Perth Glory Squad: 1.Daniel VUKOVIC (GK), 2.Jack CLISBY, 3.Brandon O’NEILL, 4.Ryan EDWARDS, 5.Steve PANTELIDIS, 6.Cameron EDWARDS, 7.Jacob BURNS ©, 8.Ryo NAGAI, 10.Jamie MACLAREN, 11.Adrian ZAHRA, 14.Steven McGARRY, 16.Sidnei SCIOLA MORAES, 17.Chris HAROLD, 18.Jack DUNCAN, 20.Daniel DE SILVA, 21.Scott JAMIESON, 23.Michael THWAITE, 24.Matthew DAVIES

**Two to be omitted**

Ins: 24.Matthew DAVIES (promoted), 8.Ryo NAGAI (promoted), 23.Michael THWAITE (promoted)

Outs: 19.Joshua RISDON (knee, 8 weeks)

Unavailable: 9.Shane SMELTZ (hip – 2 weeks), 13.Travis DODD (knee - ongoing), 15.Isaka CERNAK (hip – 2 weeks), 19.Joshua RISDON (knee, 8 weeks)

Melbourne Heart FC Squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT ©, 5.Sam MITCHINSON, 6.Patrick GERHARDT, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 11.Michael MIFSUD, 14.Golgol MEBRAHTU, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Aziz BEHICH, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 21.Stefan MAUK , 22.Nick KALMAR, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 25.Andrea MIGLIORINI

***Two to be omitted***

Ins: 11.Michael MIFSUD (returns from international duty with Malta), 5.Sam MITCHINSON (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 4.Orlando ENGELAAR (Fractured tibia – long-term), 9.Dylan MACALLISTER (Hamstring – 3-6 weeks), 10.Harry Kewell (whiplash – undisclosed), 13.Jonatan GERMANO (Hamstring – three weeks)

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Hyundai-A-League-Ins-and-Outs-%7C-Round-3/77505

I'm really worried about what's happening with Jeremy Walker. He doesn't even get a mention this week.

Also HK. I can hardly believe that both Engelaar and Kewell have both had "freak" injuries.

Also reckon the club needs to think about coming to a mutual release with Macallister.

I'm really worried about what's happening with Jeremy Walker. He doesn't even get a mention this week.

Also HK. I can hardly believe that both Engelaar and Kewell have both had "freak" injuries.

Also reckon the club needs to think about coming to a mutual release with Macallister.

It looks like Aloisi is going to keep playing Hoffman until Hofman stuffs up (or gets injured).

On the Engelaar and Kewell injuries, it's not like Kewell had a chronic head injury and Engelaar had a chronic tibia injury when we signed them, so as far as I can see they are freak injuries. I would appreciate the club providing more information about Kewell, though.

Agree about Macallister. He's a nice guy, but unfortunately things haven't worked out with him. I mean he wears our number 9 jersey, and he's scored 1 goal in 20 games...

It looks like Aloisi is going to keep playing Hoffman until Hofman stuffs up (or gets injured).

On the Engelaar and Kewell injuries, it's not like Kewell had a chronic head injury and Engelaar had a chronic tibia injury when we signed them, so as far as I can see they are freak injuries. I would appreciate the club providing more information about Kewell, though.

Agree about Macallister. He's a nice guy, but unfortunately things haven't worked out with him. I mean he wears our number 9 jersey, and he's scored 1 goal in 20 games...

Didn't express myself very well. What I meant to convey that it just seems we really do have a run of bad luck at times - two of our top signings suffering those "freak" injuries. 

It became apparent by the end of pre season that Hoffman was the preferred option at right back. Why would that change now?

I'm not saying Hoffman's better than Walker, but the squad is pretty settled and starting to work well. To all apprearances, the position is Hoffman's until something changes.

Edited by Sash

Wouldn't be upset if Walker goes to another A-League club to fulfill his obvious potential. After his performances last season I though the club would've tied him down to a 3 year deal and look to move him onto a better league in a few years for a tidy sum. Instead we gave him a 1 year deal and are playing a guy who 99.9% of the footballing community realizes is far inferior, in his position. 

• Like 1

We must win this game. A draw or loss and we will look back on this match at end of the season as 2/3 points that we really should have taken. No better opportunity to play them over there and be very confident of taking all the points.

I know its early but this is a season defining match. A win and we keep in touch with the top half, another draw or loss and we are stuck in mediocre land. 2/3 points at end of year could be difference between 2nd chance/home final/even making finals. We as supporters/members are sick of honourable draws. The time has come to take the step from an average team to a good team.

Time for the team to step up and give us supporters hope that they are a mentally different outfit from last year.

We must win this game. A draw or loss and we will look back on this match at end of the season as 2/3 points that we really should have taken. No better opportunity to play them over there and be very confident of taking all the points.

I know its early but this is a season defining match. A win and we keep in touch with the top half, another draw or loss and we are stuck in mediocre land. 2/3 points at end of year could be difference between 2nd chance/home final/even making finals. We as supporters/members are sick of honourable draws. The time has come to take the step from an average team to a good team.

Time for the team to step up and give us supporters hope that they are a mentally different outfit from last year.

I think ya getting a bit carried away there Sheepdog

Glory need a home win far far more ,

No way is it a season defining moment ... This time last year we were all hoping that WSW would lose to Phoenix so that we could go above them in the play offs, 5 months later and they are top of the League and Heart are bottom = There is never a season defining game in Oct. 

I will be flying up on Sunday morning for the game and will be praying for an away win, however I would take a draw (score draw) as we have never gone the first 3 games of the season without defeat. 

We will become a good team - Mark my words :)

• Like 1

Kewells out.

Postecoglou did not want him at Victory.

Hmmm..wonder what has osieck's sacking and Postecogolou's appointment meant for Kewell's World Cup chances?

And Harry's commitment to play the season out...?

I'll admit it doesn't look great at first, but at the same time it might be exactly what Harry needs to fire him up and tear the competition apart if he wants another World Cup berth badly enough.

Kewells out.

Postecoglou did not want him at Victory.

Hmmm..wonder what has osieck's sacking and Postecogolou's appointment meant for Kewell's World Cup chances?

And Harry's commitment to play the season out...?

I'll admit it doesn't look great at first, but at the same time it might be exactly what Harry needs to fire him up and tear the competition apart if he wants another World Cup berth badly enough.

:/

HK out is of no surprise, a 4Hr flight with a stiff neck & back ....... !!

Like i said before he would not travel to WA but Brisbane is likely. 

Looking forward to seeing MM make his debut, I think he will start off the bench, 

In a few weeks time we will have a good squad to compete in the A League with a lot of pace up front :)

The only way we'd drop  D-Mac is if we have another forward option to replace him. Otherwise whats the point in dropping him??

God forbid this happens, but what if say we have a string of bad injuries in our forwards stocks? No harm in having him there just in case.

Assassinate him....

Wow. Thats a bit harsh? Considering he scored a goal for us in our only derby victory last season. Im quite impressed by dylan tbh. Good at holding the ball, not exactly the flashiest player, but will perform a role for the team when required. Cobsidering we have a limited salary cap, we need players who can come in and perform a role. Just coz his goal scoring record isnt spectacular doesnt mean he should be assassinated
  • Like 3