Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

I rang today to query the new premium c. Previously from season 2 I have had a family GA season ticket with 2 adults and 4 kids. Now if I want premium c which costs $485 it only includes 2 kids. The extra 2 kids will cost me $55 each , $110. The GA has remained the same cost but can only sit at the northern end. So I basically asked if anything can be done about my 2 kids that could potentially miss out as we really want to maintain the choice of moving ends.

I'm waiting for a return call.

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

Renewed in the active yet again. I can see why the change in seating is a problem for many, especially with those with kids etc. That's one good thing about being in the active area, there's really nothing to worry about when memberships get released other than any potential price increase. 

I rang today to query the new premium c. Previously from season 2 I have had a family GA season ticket with 2 adults and 4 kids. Now if I want premium c which costs $485 it only includes 2 kids. The extra 2 kids will cost me $55 each , $110. The GA has remained the same cost but can only sit at the northern end. So I basically asked if anything can be done about my 2 kids that could potentially miss out as we really want to maintain the choice of moving ends.

Yep hear you.

Quite clever from them, as now in my case, I can't use those extra kids tickets in the old GA membership to bring the kids' friends in. Don't know how I'll do that now.

Of course it's offset by reserved seating, which comes in even handier for the derbies.

Anybody else find it difficult to renew/book memberships for a group. I tried to do it for myself and 4 others (all existing members) to make sure we all sat together in the new premium C but being asked for all their details (which I didn't have) instead of just their membership number made it very confusing. So I mucked it up. Luckily Hilary at memberships sorted it.

• Like 1

Anybody else find it difficult to renew/book memberships for a group. I tried to do it for myself and 4 others (all existing members) to make sure we all sat together in the new premium C but being asked for all their details (which I didn't have) instead of just their membership number made it very confusing. So I mucked it up. Luckily Hilary at memberships sorted it.

I had a similar experience trying to purchase memberships online. Although I never really had a chance as I had five different people to buy for, some adult, some concession and a teen and intended for some to be payment plan and others up front with payments were to be made across multiple credit cards.

Ended up calling with my requests and you can tell the girl was frustrated and I was told I was "too fricken' confusing" lol.

But all sorted now, they're doing a great job in there :up:

Had a returned call. No good. Not willing to add extra 2 kids into the premium c. Not sure what to do. My youngest just turned 4 not fussed. The other 3 are all keen. 

might have to cough up an extra $55. Not entirely satisfied. Will think it over the weekend. 

cough up the cash and lock in your seats for now and the future!  As we become a powerhouse in the league, and as football continues to get more popular, premium reserved seating in the stadium will become as rare as hen's teeth.

Yes, If you can get the Premium C seats that you want that's what I would be doing. I know it's tough when prices rise, but $55 is only $4 per match and you can actually retain that seat for as long as you want it. With reserved seating the opportunity to get 5-6 seats together is unlikely to come again.

• Like 1

cough up the cash and lock in your seats for now and the future!  As we become a powerhouse in the league, and as football continues to get more popular, premium reserved seating in the stadium will become as rare as hen's teeth.

Yes, If you can get the Premium C seats that you want that's what I would be doing. I know it's tough when prices rise, but $55 is only $4 per match and you can actually retain that seat for as long as you want it. With reserved seating the opportunity to get 5-6 seats together is unlikely to come again.

Yep, I got 4 seats (family) even though I go to most games alone or with my son. Have to lure friends/family this year with free entry and seat. Might have room for a lay down this year.

• Like 1

My point is basically satisfying an existing ticket holder. I'll end up paying the $55 and not renewing the youngest one. But it shouldn't be like this. I should be excited about renewing and happy about my investment instead I'm a little bitter and waiting for the next time to get upset. The major reason why I'm crankier than normal is that a mate of mine I convinced to sign up last year for the first time got a call last week about renewing and was explained about  the new premium c and what was now available. He asked if all members were being called and was told that only first year members were being called. 

So at the end of the day I feel unwanted and insignificant. Not a way to be on a Friday arvo.

• Like 1

My point is basically satisfying an existing ticket holder. I'll end up paying the $55 and not renewing the youngest one. But it shouldn't be like this. I should be excited about renewing and happy about my investment instead I'm a little bitter and waiting for the next time to get upset. The major reason why I'm crankier than normal is that a mate of mine I convinced to sign up last year for the first time got a call last week about renewing and was explained about  the new premium c and what was now available. He asked if all members were being called and was told that only first year members were being called. 

So at the end of the day I feel unwanted and insignificant. Not a way to be on a Friday arvo.

That is no good... I find this helps though, especially on a Friday arvo...

scotchdry.jpg

• Like 3

Getting to do a Quote is bloody harder than I expected! I pressed Quote all all these quotes I used in the past came up. I know you guys do a great job but FFS, I preferred the old forum as it was so much simpler.

Anyway, since I Since I can't get my quotes to work, this one is in response to Jovan: 

First year members as in foundation members or members that have had memberships for only a year?

Had a returned call. No good. Not willing to add extra 2 kids into the premium c. Not sure what to do. My youngest just turned 4 not fussed. The other 3 are all keen. 

might have to cough up an extra $55. Not entirely satisfied. Will think it over the weekend. 

Are you a serb or a lebo? How many kids do you have??? :)

• Like 1

Not a bad start, I believe we can beat last year's total driven by anticipation of what SHOULD be a strong season for us. 

Preseason starts tomorrow so am expecting Novillo to be announced tomorrow, generating a lot of excitement!

I'd suggest that will 100% come down to how the team starts the season.

I've been a member for three years. In the first two months of those three years combined (so 24 games), we've managed 3 wins and 14 points all up. The phones at the membership offices would be running off the hook with that sort of form.

It's a pattern. We make a few promising signings, there's a bit of excitement heading into the season, then after a few weeks, we're inevitably back in the basement and anyone that was taking the 'wait and see if this year might be different' approach with regards to a membership, politely declines the offer to sign on. We are competing with a consistently successful neighbour that packs out AAMI and gets good numbers for an AFL game at Etihad. We are perennially frustrating and play in front of empty stadiums of indifferent/apathetic/bitter supporters.

For a change, I'd like to get to December without once saying 'this season is a write-off'. Just to see what it feels like.

Honestly, really struggling to commit this season. As Heart the club needed us financially as members to sign up every season. Now with the riches of City Financial Group there is no urgent need to become a member and the current administration this club is one of the worst run sporting organisations in Australia. 

Honestly, really struggling to commit this season. As Heart the club needed us financially as members to sign up every season. Now with the riches of City Financial Group there is no urgent need to become a member and the current administration this club is one of the worst run sporting organisations in Australia

Fucking LOL.

Are you talking about Munn and co or higher up?

Either way, 9 other A-League teams would kill for our administration. 

Honestly, really struggling to commit this season. As Heart the club needed us financially as members to sign up every season. Now with the riches of City Financial Group there is no urgent need to become a member and the current administration this club is one of the worst run sporting organisations in Australia

Fucking LOL.

I dunno. They might wait for the CFG overlords to deliver something, anything, of note at Melbourne, before resorting to homicide.

Fucking LOL.

I dunno. They might wait for the CFG overlords to deliver something, anything, of note at Melbourne, before resorting to homicide.

like a 15mil training base perhaps?

• Like 1

Fucking LOL.

like a 15mil training base perhaps?

If it ends up having some sort of effect, yes. I'm talking about tangible results and silverware.

Until this administration starts delivering that, we'll always be an afterthought, in this city and in this league.