Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

I buy an active membership for me and a GA membership for my wife. So I sit with her for the odd game she attends near the terrace. Probably won't be buying her a GA membership next year as we don't like the north end of the stadium.

There must be a logical reason for the switch but I can't see it.

Possibly to ensure the south end is city only at derby's And probably to try and get as near to capacity as possible at home derbies. We average only 25,845, when capacity is 30,050.

Nevertheless, I would agree with the view that it could have been handled somewhat better. Leads me to ask whether anyone knows if David Lyon has been replaced as "Fan Engagement Officer or whatever his title was?

He went before end of last season.

I buy an active membership for me and a GA membership for my wife. So I sit with her for the odd game she attends near the terrace. Probably won't be buying her a GA membership next year as we don't like the north end of the stadium.

There must be a logical reason for the switch but I can't see it.

Possibly to ensure the south end is city only at derby'sAnd probably to try and get as near to capacity as possible at home derbies. We average only 25,845, when capacity is 30,050.

Nevertheless, I would agree with the view that it could have been handled somewhat better. Leads me to ask whether anyone knows if David Lyon has been replaced as "Fan Engagement Officer or whatever his title was?As agoalie said, David Lyon has been gone for quite some time.

Also, as I understand it the fan engagement department has/is being expanded. So instead of in the past how we had David split between everything, probably to his detriment, the role is now going to be broken down into several more focused roles. So we'll have someone focusing solely on memberships, someone on liaising with fans and so on.

Edited by Jimmy

That's sounding promising and should be a whole lot better than what we have had. But the question still is - has anyone been appointed yet? There is a huge amount to do to engage fans and potential fans and a huge amount to do to overcome our previous disappointments. Now is the time to start working on it.

Let's hope that this time around they genuinely encourage ideas from the fans in general - especially the highly intelligent, astute and literate ones on these forums!!

@MelbourneCity: Cat C seats are reserved seating for members. Cat C seats are also on sale during match day at the same price as GA.

@MelbourneCity: No, your Premium A seats will remain the same as the 2014/15 season

So I assume the Cat C membership has been invented solely to make derby ticketing easier.

Looks that way which is great if thats the case. So I would assume that means GA memberships will be an even cheaper option than Cat-C.

Fucking hell. Why not just say that? 

LMFAO!!!!!

Lost my shit at that comment.

Never got this email about the seating arrangements?

Anyone got a link or can attach the picture of the seating arrangements

Me either, maybe it just went to people with automatic rollover. Nope. I've got automatic rollover and I haven't got it yet either.

I received the e-mail. I assumed that it is because I'm on the monthly direct debit plan (rather than automatic rollover) and the next payment is due in a few days' time.

I have the image, but can't seem to include it in a post.

• Like 1

Never got this email about the seating arrangements?

Anyone got a link or can attach the picture of the seating arrangements

Me either, maybe it just went to people with automatic rollover. Nope. I've got automatic rollover and I haven't got it yet either.

I received the e-mail. I assumed that it is because I'm on the monthly direct debit plan (rather than automatic rollover) and the next payment is due in a few days' time.

I have the image, but can't seem to include it in a post.

You just need to click on " More Reply Options" and it then should give you the option of attaching a file

• Like 1

Makes it much harder for us in our efforts to bring more casual fans to the game to get them on board with supporting the club longer term. Will have to sit with them down the quiet end. It also means we will have to sit down the quiet end when we bring the kids now, as flying beer, trigger happy capsicum spray equipped police and 6 year old children are not a good mix. Its a strange decision to reduce the flexibility of seating arrangements when we are all battling to recruit new supporters, especially when we aren't exactly full to the brim.

• Like 2

Makes it much harder for us in our efforts to bring more casual fans to the game to get them on board with supporting the club longer term. Will have to sit with them down the quiet end. It also means we will have to sit down the quiet end when we bring the kids now, as flying beer, trigger happy capsicum spray equipped police and 6 year old children are not a good mix. Its a strange decision to reduce the flexibility of seating arrangements when we are all battling to recruit new supporters, especially when we aren't exactly full to the brim.

Extremely Annoying as i love to sit down in the south end right near the active when the wife and i bring our son to the games. Now we have to sit down the other end.

Clarification email sent today:

Melbourne City FC will soon be going on sale with memberships for the Hyundai A-League 2015/16 season. Importantly, there will be some changes to our seating arrangements next season, which we want to inform our members who received communication earlier in the week in advance of the new season. To help make your decision to join the Club as easy as possible, please read our first edition of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below ahead of our new season. These relate specifically to changes to our General Admission (GA) membership category and the introduction of a Premium C membership category at AAMI Park.

Q: When do memberships for the 2015/16 season go on sale?

A: Melbourne City FC memberships will go on sale before the end of June 2015. All existing 2014/15 members will receive email communication in the lead up to the on sale date, while supporters subscribed to our newsletter will also receive communication.

Q: Are there any changes to Melbourne City FC membership categories in 2015/16?

A: One of the most notable changes to the AAMI Park seating plan for the 2015/16 season is the introduction of a Premium C reserved seat membership at the Yarra River end of the stadium, replacing the existing General Admission membership category previously located in this area. This is illustrated and outlined in the seating map below. Bays 10-20 (excluding Active Area) at the Yarra River end and Bays 1 and 2 of AAMI Park will be classed as Premium C in the upcoming season.

Q: What is the difference between Premium C and General Admission?

A: One of the most important benefits of the Premium C membership is that it allows members to reserve their seat for every home match this season including both Melbourne Derbies. This also means that the Melbourne Derby tickets are included in the price of your membership. Premium C members will not be required to purchase home Melbourne Derby single-match tickets; their membership will allow them entry to the stadium and a reserved seat.

Q: If I want to switch my membership from General Admission to Premium C, how do I secure my seat?

A: Current members will be able to renew with Melbourne City FC via adding a Premium C membership to their shopping cart within the membership portal that will become active when membership packages are launched in the coming weeks. This will include the ability to select your preferred seat as well.

Q: How do I ensure I am seated with my friends if I elect to upgrade to Premium C?

A:  If you wish to sit with specific members or if you are introducing new members you would like to sit with, all application forms must be received together for processing purposes or member names / membership numbers clearly nominated with your renewal. Please be sure to include any seating preference you may have with your application. Although every effort will be made to fulfill your request, new seat requests are processed in order of submission date. If your preference is unavailable, you will be seated in the best available seat at time of processing.

Q: Will I have to pay more for a Premium C Membership?

A: Existing Melbourne City FC members who renew for the 2015/16 season will see their membership prices frozen within the 'early bird' renewal period. As an existing GA member, you can choose whether to upgrade to a Premium C reserved seat when renewing your membership or elect to continue as a GA member. At the conclusion of the early bird period, Premium C memberships and General Admission will differ slightly.

Q:  I have a General Admission family membership, how does this affect us if we wish to upgrade to Premium C?

A: Reserved seat family memberships in Premium A, B and C categories are inclusive of two adults and two City Kicks junior memberships packages. Additional memberships can be purchased within the same transaction via the online Membership platform which will become available in the coming weeks. Upgrades within the Family memberships to include Teens or Concessions are available at an increased cost by contacting the Membership Hotline on 1300 255 432.

Q: Will it be possible to buy Premium C seats on match day?

A: Yes, Melbourne City members will have the flexibility to sit with friends or family members who do not hold memberships. This means that members who hold an allocated seat will be able to exchange their seat for that match (within the same membership category), allowing them to bring along and introduce new fans to Melbourne City FC.

How it works:

Visit ticketek.com.au to purchase your guest tickets for the selected match of your choice. To exchange your seat for the selected match simply enter the barcode shown on the back of your membership card. This will allow you to swap your seat for this occasion only so that you can sit with your guests.

Please note that members also have the opportunity to upgrade their seat at a discounted rate for one-off games using the Ticketek system. i.e. Premium C to Premium A for a preferred match. Members will still be able to purchase additional tickets in the upgraded category for their guests. Ticketek transaction fees may be incurred during this service.

Q: How many games are at AAMI Park in 2015/16?

A: There will be 14 home matches at AAMI Park including two Melbourne Derbies (compared to last season's 13 home matches). The Hyundai A-Legaue 2015/16 fixture will be announced by Football Federation Australia soon.

Q: Will anything change for me in 2015/16 if I am an existing Premium A, Premium B or First Touch Member.

A: No. All seating arrangements for Premium A, Premium B and First Touch Members during the 2014/15 season will remain the same for the 2015/16 season.

Q: I would like to ask a question or talk to someone regarding my membership. How do I make contact?

A: If you have any questions relating to 2015/16 memberships, please call our Membership Hotline on 1300 255 432, email membership@melbournecityfc.com.au or tweet us a question @MelbCityHelp

Why is there an extra home game? No more regional round?

It appears so.

Isn't it because we have two home derbies this season compared to one for the last season?

No, the teams we played twice at home this year we play twice away next year and vice versa.

Being that there is 27 games, one year you will have 13 home games and the next year you will have 14 to keep it even.

• Like 2

Why is there an extra home game? No more regional round?

It appears so.

Isn't it because we have two home derbies this season compared to one for the last season?

No, the teams we played twice at home this year we play twice away next year and vice versa.

Being that there is 27 games, one year you will have 13 home games and the next year you will have 14 to keep it even. You always have 13 home games though. 13 home, 13 away and 1 regional game.