Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

I said something similar to that. I said I'm happy to pay $10 more for a membership if they give you a scarf. They will get charged $5 at most if more than 8,00 scarves were ordered and it still would mean revenue gained through each scarf! 

Well, I'm not. I don't qualify for a concession so over $6,000 for two adult Prem A memberships for 6 seasons is quite enough thank you.

• Like 2

Victards have passed 18k members. They are so far advanced than us both on and off the field. CFG need to act fast.

yeh it's called five more years in the competition then us. They had first dibs at Victorian soccer fans, and the fact people are bandwangoners who will jump on them cause they are winning. The hard cold facts are it will take 5 to 10 years (that's including successful years) before we close the void. 

but membership of what? Anything about your memberships you want to tell us now that "the troubles" seem to be over?

I lost a fair bit of interest after I worked out it was a pre recorded message. Membership for the upcoming season. My membership is an active one. I got no troubles.

We've seen a spike in the last few days which is likely due to the deadline for retaining your reserved seat is today 5PM. Might see some decent sales over the next couple days as people grab the seats they want but after that I expect it'll stagnate.

We've seen a spike in the last few days which is likely due to the deadline for retaining your reserved seat is today 5PM. Might see some decent sales over the next couple days as people grab the seats they want but after that I expect it'll stagnate.

I'm supposedly on a "priority list" for a seat change because our seats are impacted by the change to covered benches. The club is supposed to call me (and others on that list) after the renewals close today and before seats are released for general sale; it'll be interesting to see whether that indeed happens.

I've been trying for a seat change for a while, but every time I've tried I've been assured that they are all allocated to members even though they are empty for almost all the matches.

Got a call from the membership people asking about renewing. I told her that I am going to be studying in Japan for pretty much the entire season so there wouldn't be much point in renewing. I am somewhat unsure as to whether or not she actually believed me haha.

5,231 at the end of the "reserved seat renewal period." Ca't see much happening from here until (and if) we see some worthwhile signings to stimulate interest.

5,231 at the end of the "reserved seat renewal period." Ca't see much happening from here until (and if) we see some worthwhile signings to stimulate interest.

I still think HQ needs a year when there is a bit of a shock in terms of support and memberships, like a decline. If there is an increase you can see the lines come out of well we have been improving year on year etc.

Whilst I do think the slow burn approach is great for the long term goal of building a club, with the college of football all of the clinics and this tournament they are putting on , the w-league and the best a facilities in the comp. I just wish they would finally give us that short term injection of a world class marquee (probably two next season) and obviously consistently winning games.

Although in saying all that, we are building that infrastructure of a club Victory should have done with their 5 year head start, so you cant argue with that. 

• Like 1

Wow! How shit is that number. Now l think we will be lucky to have 7.5k

My reading of Red or Dead's old chart (umm an update would be helpful, hint hint) is that the club is about 1K behind this time last year but is at about the same number when you consider that season tickets didn't open till a fortnight later this year.  Season tickets are miles ahead of the last heart season of course.

So based on that I'd suggest that season tickets may end up around last years level, which given last year we had the Villa hype, (followed by the Villa fiasco) is very surprising.

As to the 14K goal/target well we'd better go on an amazing winning spree to even get close to that (and the club will need to start acting like it actually values its supporters).

• Like 1

I still think HQ needs a year when there is a bit of a shock in terms of support and memberships, like a decline. If there is an increase you can see the lines come out of well we have been improving year on year etc.

Whilst I do think the slow burn approach is great for the long term goal of building a club, with the college of football all of the clinics and this tournament they are putting on , the w-league and the best a facilities in the comp. I just wish they would finally give us that short term injection of a world class marquee (probably two next season) and obviously consistently winning games.

Although in saying all that, we are building that infrastructure of a club Victory should have done with their 5 year head start, so you cant argue with that. 

I'd say that CFG are very good at doing things that are completely under their control, but very poor at communicating. They don't seem to understand how to attract and hold supporters' attentions. Once more my impression over the past month is that HQ is in sleep mode. My experiences in corporate life are precisely the same - the higher up the company you go the less those around you have any idea what matters to those on the shop floor and therefore how to communicate with them.

no idea on melb street names but theres the membership slogan/ad on top of the mini tunnel next to the skate park along the yarra on the way to the G

I've seen it. He means driving down City Road towards Swan St (away from Crown) and the mini-tunnel is the start of Princes Bridge/St Kilda Road where the Art Gallery & Hamer Hall sit on ;)

Unless the pedestrian lights in front of the Herald Weekly Times building get you, it's hard to take a pic whilst driving that stretch of road.

Edited by Red or Dead
  • Like 1

This time last year I had signed up but am yet to do so yet.

As much as I want to, I just struggle to find the energy to bother calling the number 😀

Maybe if they call me I might do it. It will show their commitment to re-signing members. So far no call received.

Edited by Heart_fan

In the time you typed this, you could have went on to the site and signed up.

Defeats the purpose of my point though.

If the club has these grand targets, it needs to work harder at making people feel they want to sign up.

At present many would likely feel the same way and the club making the effort goes a long way.

If the club has these grand targets, it needs to work harder at making people feel they want to sign up.

At present many would likely feel the same way and the club making the effort goes a long way.

I said that cos you mentioned that you don't have the energy to do it.

Just pick up the friggen phone and call them 😁

Edited by Tony999

Decided to not renew. This will be my first season where I'm not a member, but due to work I'm not going to get to enough games to justify the cost of it. If we were still under Heart ownership I would just get one anyway, but I don't think CFG need my money quite as much as the old owners. Just gonna buy my tickets at the gate this year.

Inb4 I cave 2 games in and buy one anyway