Melbourne Football

The Derby - Elimination Final Sunday 5PM 5/4/24

Baka1

2 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

And that'll do us. Shit end to a horrible season.

We can't last out a match, and we can't even have a decent line-up for penalties.

Major overhaul at the club required. Far too complacent and smug.

For 85 minutes I thought we managed the game perfectly apart from putting a 2nd goal in. After that it was a fucking disgrace.

Vidmar should be sacked on the spot for his ridiculous decision to take off anyone who is a penalty taker. You can't tell me Leckie couldn't have lasted 5 more minutes.

People can blame the 3 who missed, but I would have no more confidence in the blokes who didnt take one

Season over, it can get fucked 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No team in this league will win ibig games if your star AM doesn’t have legs to defend and your DM can’t defend at all. This just exposes the team too much and if they can’t make a difference then you are in trouble when it’s on.

Just now, CityWildcat said:

We got what we deserved - finishing 6th. 

I will watch the off-season with huge interest.

Hopefully tomorrow we get some announcements on fucking Vidmar off and some other players we're going to cut...

2 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Hopefully tomorrow we get some announcements on fucking Vidmar off and some other players we're going to cut...

And staff. A fish rots from its head...

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

No team in this league will win ibig games if your star AM doesn’t have legs to defend and your DM can’t defend at all. This just exposes the team too much and if they can’t make a difference then you are in trouble when it’s on.

Seriously?

Arslan has been the best player in the league.

Blame everyone else but not him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neio said:

Absolutely zero excuses from here, should be straight forward to see this one out

The team played like this post. 1-0 against 10. It’s in the bag.

When what we needed to do was dominate the second half, score again and put it to bed. We either didn’t want to or weren’t able to and in the end got what we deserved.

Unfortunately the manner of our finals exit matched our regular season. Not good enough when it mattered.

10 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Seriously?

Arslan has been the best player in the league.

Blame everyone else but not him.

Yes seriously, I meant we don’t have the quality to cover when he’s gassed. 

I'm really impressed with the turn out we got tonight active really made a lot of noise.

But I don't think they care about the club the chants are shite especially the one about musat who hasn't been at victory for years. Back on the wing for me next time.

The match was us to win but the subs we made were poor and poppa chose wisely to put bos against a slower Uga.

Next year we will probably be weaker because I can't see us funding stronger Aussies then good and maclaren. 

This tactic City play is bullshit, I'll be honest, I haven't watched half of the games this season but have seen enough to know that it has been the same tactics for the last 3 seasons. 

High possession

Go out wide and cross it in and hope for the best.

We have had no improvements. 

If City wants any improvements then cut out this Manchester City tactics they say they play, they ain't Manchester City and even if it was the game plan, they play nothing like Manchester City. 

This playing style is ridiculous. Arslan carried City this season and deserves no criticism if I'm honest. The criticism is in the club management, board of directors and the coach. 

These players were playing under this bullshit system and I felt sorry for them that they wasted their time playing under these bullshit tactic. No team in the aleague would ever win with this playing style.

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx
  • Like 1

That has got to be the worst game-management by a coach in the leagues history. Even more noticeable when the Tards were huddled up going to the shootout and our boys were strolling around like cows in a paddock. What the fuck cunt

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Who in the right mind let Talbot take a critical mid serie penalty?? Especially when you’ve had 0% passing rate coming on. Did nobody else put his hand up?

While I agree Talbot shouldn't have taken one, what were the other options? Ugarkovic, Lopane, Schreiber, Souprayen or Young.

Maybe Ugarkovic was the option, but I'd hardly feel much more confident in any of them. It really felt like Talbot and Jeggo were just thrown into penalties as we only had 3 guys on the pitch who we were confident could take one, and one of them is an 18 year old kid