Melbourne Football

MCY vs wsw 20th april, 3:30KO(Season defining game)

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

So here it is.

This is the season right here.

Need a win but considering how disappointing how we've been all year, I'm guessing this game ends in a nil all draw

So basically they win = put us out of our misery. 

Draw = WSW would have to lose their last game and we would have to beat Generic United 

Win = if we do beat WSW then we would just need a draw in our last game against the generics to secure 6th but WSW would have to have a draw at best against MV.

Hmm...

Edited by MHFC-FAN
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

So basically they win = put us out of our misery. 

Draw = WSW would have to lose their last game and we would have to beat Generic United 

Win = if we do beat WSW then we would just need a draw in our last game against the generics to secure 6th but WSW would have to have a draw at best against MV.

Hmm...

quite a few outcomes, and that's not even taking into account that we could still finish higher than 6th.

sad that we have been so fucking inconsistent and injury prone all season.  then again, the three big wins we have had this season has really skewed our GD.

take the 7-0, 8-1 and 8-0 out we have played 22 games for 6 wins with 25 Goals Scored and 36 Goals Against.

makes think we will win this and then lose to Western Utd

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

take the 7-0, 8-1 and 8-0 out we have played 22 games for 6 wins with 25 Goals Scored and 36 Goals Against.

That's telling data. We don't really deserve to play "finals" and IMO it would be better long-term to not qualify this season. It might, just might, send a message to the club that it did not get it right this season. A bit of a wake-up call.

37 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

quite a few outcomes, and that's not even taking into account that we could still finish higher than 6th.

sad that we have been so fucking inconsistent and injury prone all season.  then again, the three big wins we have had this season has really skewed our GD.

makes think we will win this and then lose to Western Utd

If we beat WSW, we'll know before our game against Western United if we need to win it or not.

If we win this week IMO we'll finish 6th, as I don't think WSW will get any points against the tards at home

2 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

If we beat WSW, we'll know before our game against Western United if we need to win it or not.

If we win this week IMO we'll finish 6th, as I don't think WSW will get any points against the tards at home

And then play a Melbourne Derby Elimination Final 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Le Hack said:

Will Talbot and Beach be back. I'd probably prefer Ugarkovic to remain at full back and Lecks in midfield than have Talbot back doing his usual

Yes, I quite liked Ugarkovic playing full back. He's solid there and it frees up space in midfield for more creative options.

• Like 5

If only we had spread our goals over the season...

3 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Well fuck me dead. Sort of came from nothing.

Still doesn't excuse the bullshit misses

Just bag JMac now...and then he might do something...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Broadcast just said excluding today, WSW hav conceded first on 13 occasions this season, drawing once and losing the rest. 

Looked more like a toepoke to me, hence it the swirve.

9 minutes ago, cremorne said:

Why does Jakolis blast it over? Surely that's a low percentage play.

Why wasn't that called as a foul on Politidis? Pushed in the back.

Yes that was a foul, he's not given a couple of them now - they scored out of that one.

• Like 1