Melbourne Football

THE FINAL! Wednesday 30 November 7:30pm

Dylan

12 minutes ago, morphine said:

Again, glad you're into it mate. Not in England or anywhere are Cup titles on par with winning the league though, so being a bit fanciful I think here. 

They call it the sweet FA cup because thats what most consider it to be worth. Sweet FA

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2016 at 4:28 PM, morphine said:

Happy that you feel like that mate. I consider myself someone who truly loves the club and has felt the pain for seven years, and I could give a rat's arse about the cup. To me it's literally meaningless, would prefer 1 point against CCM than a Cup title. 

I wont go as far as to say this cup is meaningless. Means a hell of a lot imo. 

First trophy and a spring board for the rest of the season. We beat Sydney who are the front runners atm in a final, the confidence that brings in itself is important.

Edited by [LIBBA]
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

I wont go as far as to say this cup is meaningless. Means a hell of a lot imo. 

First trophy and a spring board for the rest of the season. We beat Sydney who are the front runners atm in a final, the confidence that brings in itself is important.

And when we lose? 

On 11/7/2016 at 8:15 AM, japiedog said:

just realised the Final is on St Andrews Day

Patron Saint of Greece, Russia, Romania,  Barbados and Scotland.

So say you prayers everyone, we probably need divine help .

The kilt might get an airing that night !

I'll bring the Malibu paying homage to my Grandpa from Barbados. @bt50  

• Like 1

If you want to win trophies than you have to beat teams like Sydney to do so. IMO this Cup Final will tell us just where we are - contenders or pretenders. We know where our weaknesses are - the defence, and our mental strength if we get in front. IMO Sydney will start as favourites, and if we want the Cup we're just going to have to stand up.

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Clearly we have more trouble against teams we should beat where the moment isn't as big. We will lift for this. Worst case scenario is we'll lose but we'll still score at least 2 goals. But I reckon we're in with more than just a shot of winning this game. 

I think so too. This will mean so much more to us than it does to Sydney imo.

Yeh good chance, being down here helps too.
Like niko said, we'll lift for this because of the emphasis on it. Doesnt necessarily mean we win, but I think our performance will be good.

As good as Sydney have been, don't get me wrong they are unquestionably the standout team, I also think their performances have been overstated too in some way. Their opening month was as easy as you could get, they were very lucky not to be 2 or 3 down at HT v the mongs and Perth looked very dominant in two 10-15 minute periods yesterday but couldnt finish.

Edited by bt50

12 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Like niko said, we'll lift for this because of the emphasis on it. Doesnt necessarily mean we win, but I think our performance will be good.

As good as Sydney have been, don't get me wrong they are unquestionably the standout team, I also think their performances have been overstated too in some way. Their opening month was as easy as you could get, they were very lucky not to be 2 or 3 down at HT v the mongs and Perth looked very dominant in two 10-15 minute periods yesterday but couldnt finish.

Agree. They are good but not that good. The only full game I've seen them play was against the Tards. They were not great and deserved to to lose.

Having said that we have not been super either. I am quietly confident that this is the sort of game we will lift. And if so,  our best is the best in the League. 

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Agree. They are good but not that good. The only full game I've seen them play was against the Tards. They were not great and deserved to to lose.

Having said that we have not been super either. I am quietly confident that this is the sort of game we will lift. And if so,  our best is the best in the League. 

Exactly. Every single side has shown weaknesses so far, that's the A League i guess. There's certainly valid arguments that Sydney were extremely lucky to get 1 point let alone three against Victory and Wellington.
Likewise we were unconvincing in the last 10 min of the Adelaide game and on Thursday, and Perth beat us more on being outcoached on the day than outplayed.

Agree that our best is the best, we just need the orange bloke to bring that out more often than he currently seems capable of doing.

32 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I reckon if we play like Perth did in the opening minutes, which we will, and get an early lead, get the momentum going, we should be able to win the game... IMO, where we struggle so far is when we play possession football and then got hit by counter attacking where our opponent got an early lead and then park the bus. Problem is we should be able to overcome this as we got the personnel to do it this but JvS, lacking his wisdom, would rather stick to his Plan A than switch things around to draw level and win the game

Edited by raw10
  • Like 1

Has anyone else had the same issue with ticketing;

Bought my usual seat in active and chose the "Print-at-Home" option - yet no ticket has come through email.

Given that we had to go into an outlet last time despite actually receiving a "Print-at-Home" ticket, I'm thinking it's probably the same this time but thought I'd ask and share

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyh001 said:

Has anyone else had the same issue with ticketing;

Bought my usual seat in active and chose the "Print-at-Home" option - yet no ticket has come through email.

Given that we had to go into an outlet last time despite actually receiving a "Print-at-Home" ticket, I'm thinking it's probably the same this time but thought I'd ask and share

I got my normal 2 seats  but like you i have NOT received the print at home tickets . been contemplating ringing the club member section to find out what is happening.

1 hour ago, johnno cpfc said:

I got my normal 2 seats  but like you i have NOT received the print at home tickets . been contemplating ringing the club member section to find out what is happening.

Same here, checked the order history still couldn't print them so I assuming they haven't been issued :/