Melbourne Football

THE FINAL! Wednesday 30 November 7:30pm

Dylan

Seriously couldn't care less about the 'fairness factor', in any league there will always be bigger and smaller clubs, as a foundation member I supported the club through and through in any context, it just so turns out that we are much more powerful and resourced now, and aligned with FFAs interests, at the moment (<- can always change!!!).

Look at what FFA did with the Asian Cup: both semis and final in Sydney...shafted Melbourne, pissed me off at the time but really couldn't care less now.

To a certain extent, I will always be in favour of doing everything and anything that maximises the financial sustainability of the league, so whatever is good in a commercial sense. The only time I would have issues with this type of pragmatic, commercial approach, is if it were hurting some of the smaller markets, eg non-Sydney/Melbourne teams.

Also, controversy can be good for our game and arouse more passion!

The most important part of this whole thing is that we are lifting the effin FFA cup on the 30th of November.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SF33 said:

That's outrageous, without even considering the exorbitant processing fees. So much for 20,000. Probably won't even bother to open the second tier now.

I wish someone would explain the basic concepts of economics with these ticketing agencies. If the tickets were half the price they'd get more than twice as many through the gate.

yeah, as bt50 said, that's just normal game prices. $25 for a grand final sounds fine to me.

Edited by hyperfuzz

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/sydney-fc-chairman-slams-ffas-predetermined-decision-to-play-ffa-cup-final-in-melbourne/news-story/49cffec8f17ece3c5a2e22db807a5a8c

3 things from this article: 1 FFA are getting all the moneys from the game; 2 it seems there was a selection criteria (with attendance/profit, tv audience and "ensuring the Cup Final is played in a venue that embodies the unique spirit of the competition" being the main points); 3. Sydney is very very butthurt

Barlow has to pretend that he's upset even if he fully understands the reasons for the decision. I wouldn't expect anything else. The competition is designed to grow the game as a whole in Australia and not for the benefit of A-League clubs. Hence the rules concerning the draw, that Wellington have to play in Australia regardless of the draw, and that unless two A-League clubs are drawn to play each other an A-League club is always the "away" team.

IMO Barlow's only legitimate beef would be that FFA is not transparent enough with its decision-making.

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Barlow has to pretend that he's upset even if he fully understands the reasons for the decision. I wouldn't expect anything else. The competition is designed to grow the game as a whole in Australia and not for the benefit of A-League clubs. Hence the rules concerning the draw, that Wellington have to play in Australia regardless of the draw, and that unless two A-League clubs are drawn to play each other an A-League club is always the "away" team.

IMO Barlow's only legitimate beef would be that FFA is not transparent enough with its decision-making.

Barlow's main beef is that Scum FC no longer get preferential treatment on everything.

Hey Barlow "suck it up princess"

1 hour ago, possiblygeorge said:

If we win the Final it'll feel tainted IMO.

The whole FFA Cup has just felt like a shit Cup anyway. 

The whole thing is an absolute wank off, who gives a fuck about beating some shitty state teams and victree am i right?

But now that we're in the final holy shit i love the concept, fucking i hope we can bring home some silverware fk yeah

9 hours ago, hyperfuzz said:

My guess is it will be exactly the same as the regular seating plan.

Which probably means that we'll get a similar sort of crowd as we'd expect for a normal game against Sydney during the season (or maybe the final last year against Perth, whatever we got for that), because, I agree, people will pay $25 for a ticket, but that only fills up both ends and a bay in each corner. I don't think they'll sell many for $45-70 and that certainly won't be a price range that is going to attract casual/first time supporters.

Maybe I'm living in dreamland, but I think the priority should have been pricing the game so that a crowd of 20,000+ is achievable. I think it would have been the best result for all concerned.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Barlow's main beef is that Scum FC no longer get preferential treatment on everything.

Hey Barlow "suck it up princess"

We've taken their colours

We've taken their bling status

We've taken over as FFA favourites

Let's take the FFA Cup and probably the Premiership and Championship from them as well:tooth:

Just now, jw1739 said:

Trying to buy on-line now. Can't seem to access a seating map or change the seats allocated. Why does this have to be so difficult?

I have the same problem. Bringing 4 extras so I need to select the 'other members' option, but it's allocating me shit seats in bay 22. I'm hoping to get seats in 16 or 18. 

2 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

I have the same problem. Bringing 4 extras so I need to select the 'other members' option, but it's allocating me shit seats in bay 22. I'm hoping to get seats in 16 or 18. 

I'm bringing 5 extra so want seven all up. Can you see the venue map or a "change seats" option? I can't.

Edited by jw1739

1 minute ago, bellydrum said:

16 and 18 are probably already reserved for the City Blue seat holders. Good chance of getting access to those next week after the pre-sale period ends. 

Just now, bt50 said:

16 and 18 are probably already reserved for the City Blue seat holders. Good chance of getting access to those next week after the pre-sale period ends. 

According to the seating availability map on the clubs membership page, there are a few gaps of 6 in both bays. But yeah I think you're right, I'll wait it out and try and grab them once pre-sale finishes. 

Anyone going for the Same Seats option for Prem C? Can't select, get this message:

• Sorry, we are unable to obtain the tickets you requested. This either means that the remaining tickets are currently in other customers baskets, or that there aren’t enough available adjacent seats to fulfil your request. You can try again with a smaller quantity of tickets, or in a different category.

Can select Other Members option quite successfully. Confirmed I'm using the right barcodes and selecting the correct ticket type.

Just now, AlbionLoveDen said:

Anyone going for the Same Seats option for Prem C? Can't select, get this message:

• Sorry, we are unable to obtain the tickets you requested. This either means that the remaining tickets are currently in other customers baskets, or that there aren’t enough available adjacent seats to fulfil your request. You can try again with a smaller quantity of tickets, or in a different category.

Can select Other Members option quite successfully. Confirmed I'm using the right barcodes and selecting the correct ticket type.

Have just rung the club and pointed out that once again it's a shambles. Hopefully something will happen.

2 minutes ago, AlbionLoveDen said:

You trying to buy additional tickets as well as your own?

It's a bloody joke. I was at the checkout page, clicked pay now. Then it said there was an issue with the credit card details, I clicked 'back' then it took to the home page instead. Clicked the cart, it said there was a problem... I ended up just buying the tickets on my phone.