Melbourne Football

Historic First Home Final. vs. Perth. Sun 17 Apr, 5.00 pm, AAMI Park

jw1739

15 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Watching the replay. Perth fuckwits wanted the goal disallowed because they thought Bruno's high bicycle was dangerous!

If that goal was disallowed then football should be cancelled as a game. No point playing if magnificence like that isn't applauded

They wanted it disallowed because he scored

• Like 1

Clisby and Garrucio owned the left side of the pitch. 

Caceras was the best midfielder on the pitch in the first half..Dare I say it, but even though Mooy has been brilliant all season, his familiar dwelling on the ball sucked the forward momentum and allowed PG time to set up in defence.  If Mooy goes I think Caceras can step up in.

Malik-I'm in two minds about.  I think he is too slow and late and too easily put off balance, and his passing is average.  I would look at progressively giving Melling more and more game time.

IfWilkinson ever gets arrested for shop lifting and has to empty his pockets, they'll find Andy Keogh in his back one.

Bruno best striker I've ever seen in Australian domestic football

Great atmosphere even from smallish crowd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Thanks @thisphantomfortress and the melburnians for letting have a bit of fun. It even gave his mum a smile when we got home and showed her the footage, which isn't an easy task.

Fucking A man!!!! Tell me about it. 

I'm back in the kids room tonight, for simply pointing out that I'm going to Adelaide on Friday. 

Will deal with the likely catastrophic fallout when I get back. 

Edited by sheepdog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Watching the replay. Perth fuckwits wanted the goal disallowed because they thought Bruno's high bicycle was dangerous!

If that goal was disallowed then football should be cancelled as a game. No point playing if magnificence like that isn't applauded

Exactly. Watching it again you can see Lowry looking around as he's falling and only when he realised it was going in, did he do the full retard Berisha 'I've just been shot' faking bullshit.

Ha get fukd Lowry you maggot, chopped Bruno to hell all day and then had the patheticness to whinge about the goal in his interview afterwards. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rass said:

Exactly. Watching it again you can see Lowry looking around as he's falling and only when he realised it was going in, did he do the full retard Berisha 'I've just been shot' faking bullshit.

Ha get fukd Lowry you maggot, chopped Bruno to hell all day and then had the patheticness to whinge about the goal in his interview afterwards. 

Lowry should have been in the dressing room by then anyway for that hack on Caceres. To quote Og: "A red card, I've been sent off for a lot less"

Way to amped and hyped to post anything last night. 

-Melburnians...........Fucking Awsome!

-Bruno Fornaroli Scores when he wants he scores when he wants.

-My son cheering and clapping and getting involved (is only 5)

-Cheese Kransky with cheese and Tomato sauce ×2

-Home by 8 WTF how good.

• Like 3

Brought the GF along to her first game last week against Adelaide, she couldn't believe we didn't score a goal. Bless her, she returned for last night's game, saw two goals of the highest quality and we even got on TV for a few seconds. I'm hoping we can add one to the membership tally next year. Thank you Bruno, thank you City.

I don't think there was a passenger out there tonight. Everyone was really good and Retre, Clisby and Garuccio especially impressive for mine (mainly because they were always the potential weak links in the starting XI and they all stood up admirably).

47 minutes ago, japiedog said:

after all the Heart ache of the first five  years of this club, how good was that, what a way to finish the season at home

my only downside, the size of the crowd

Onwards and upwards

I would say 6 years and include this season too. Last night was amazing but i have not forgotten or forgiven the regular season

Still in disbelief. That one will be a game we remember for a long, long time. Brought an Victory mate along to the game and he couldn't stop talking about Fornaroli all the way home. We need to market the hell out of him. That bicycle kick was absolutely out of this world. We were simply a class above tonight, completely played them off the pitch. 10/10 performance, bring on Adelaide!

21 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Still in disbelief. That one will be a game we remember for a long, long time. Brought an Victory mate along to the game and he couldn't stop talking about Fornaroli all the way home. We need to market the hell out of him. That bicycle kick was absolutely out of this world. We were simply a class above tonight, completely played them off the pitch. 10/10 performance, bring on Adelaide!

Was loving the goal counter on the screen when bruno scored each time. Dude is a Jet!!!! He had no right to score that bicycle kick with THREE Perth players on him and threaded it between Covic and a Glory player on the goal line. F#$k me!!!

Screenshot_2016-04-18-10-16-43.png

Screenshot_2016-04-18-10-21-41.png

Edited by HeartOfCity
Camera Angle added
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Why not? Spend the week in Adelaide and create a siege mentality

Yeah but they're also away from their normal training facilities. On the upside, it does mean they're traveling on a day they wouldn't otherwise be training, so that makes sense.

Not really on topic but what were everyones thoughts on the pitch conditions, i watched the game from home and thought the ground staff had worked a miracle specialy after seeing the state it was in after the Rugby. Could not see where all the repair work had been done but nobody has complained and it played really well.

7 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Not really on topic but what were everyones thoughts on the pitch conditions, i watched the game from home and thought the ground staff had worked a miracle specialy after seeing the state it was in after the Rugby. Could not see where all the repair work had been done but nobody has complained and it played really well.

Was crazy turn around, we went in early to drop off the tifo and made a joke about it being a mess before going in, the FFA bloke said they had fixed it. Couldn't believe what they managed to pull off down that southern end, from complete mess friday to looking top notch sunday.

• Like 1

On reflection I still can't believe we turned up to play and actually played 95mins of total team play. All across the field all players played complete games. When comparing this to the previous 2 weeks is mind blowing. 

Garrucio in his natural position produced arguably his best game and in such a big game is massive tick.

Clisby has been solid in most games he's played this season and I've been puzzled why he's lost his spot. Nevertheless he was great. Retre and Caceras also put in super shifts.

But you can't overlook Fornaroli. World class player producing world class goals we are truly fortunate to be able to see it. Mooy regained his early season stunning 90 minute form.

Just a total team performance that totally demolished Perth that didn't even look like scoring let alone winning the game.

What a night and thanks to the Melburnians - a great shift. 

All that needs to be said about Bruno has been said. I've missed quite a few games since February with work and holidays but the thing that really stuck out for me last night was Wilkinson. He was just so solid and assured on the ball and really put Keogh to the sword. Sitting behind the Perth bench Castro and Harold clearly weren't fit and struggling - Kenny Lowe screwed up badly with the old adage of playing injured players in finals - and we made them pay. That to me doesn't detract from the result - best team performance I've seen from our lads in a long time. A dominant performance and great fun to be there  

Onward and upwards - bring the team effort and players clearly working for each other and Friday should hold no fears for us. 

6 minutes ago, Deluka said:

One thing I noticed throughout the match was that all the replays of fouls/contentious decisions were shown on the big screen. Perhaps this is due to the FFA being in charge but wouldn't mind seeing more of it

I could be completely wrong so feel free to tear me to shreds, didn't they only stop showing them after the near riot after the disallowed Finkler goal at the derby this year?

2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I could be completely wrong so feel free to tear me to shreds, didn't they only stop showing them after the near riot after the disallowed Finkler goal at the derby this year?

It's FFA policy not to show contentious calls on the big screen. What is and is not contentious is the call of the local operator however, and so there are different interpretations. After the Finkler no-goal AAMI Park was ultra-cautious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

It's FFA policy not to show contentious calls on the big screen. What is and is not contentious is the call of the local operator however, and so there are different interpretations. After the Finkler no-goal AAMI Park was ultra-cautious.

Thanks for clarifying, tbh I would rather just the blanket English approach of no replays in the ground, except goals.

• Like 1