Melbourne Football

RD 18 City travel again to face the FFA Jerks

Dylan

Must change formation and fix the defence. My line up v the ffa jreks :   4-3-3                      

.....................................Sorensen...................................

Franjic............Malik...............Hughes................Klisby

..................Melling.....................Eric.............................

..................................Mooy.............................................

Novillo....................Tuna............................Zullo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAM10 said:

.....................................Sorensen...................................

..................................Mooy.............................................

Biggest problem is  we probably won't or JVS refuses to change formation.  OH if only.

Just finished watching the replay. I can see no reason why Franjic ought to be in the starting XI. He seriously underperformed for the whole time he was on the pitch. Say what you want about Malik or Clisby or Caceres, Franjic was just poor. Start Retre instead and if things are not working then sub Franjic on or if things are going really well then bring him to get some form.

7 hours ago, DAM10 said:

I don't mind if we play the same system against Newcastle as I think we'll run over them. The problem lies in when you play a team like the Wanderers who have player that will hurt you. 

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

Just finished watching the replay. I can see no reason why Franjic ought to be in the starting XI. He seriously underperformed for the whole time he was on the pitch. Say what you want about Malik or Clisby or Caceres, Franjic was just poor. Start Retre instead and if things are not working then sub Franjic on or if things are going really well then bring him to get some form.

The problem with this is Retre is much better in the midfield then he is as a rb, i'm willing to give Franjic a couple of games before we start writing him off.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

The problem with this is Retre is much better in the midfield then he is as a rb, i'm willing to give Franjic a couple of games before we start writing him off.

I haven't written him off. He has shown that he can produce quality before he joined City and since. The problem over the last fortnight is that I am having difficulty seeing his output being productive. Like I said having watched the game again with the ability to pause, rewind, etc. that is when I realised that he was by far the worst performer on the pitch for Melbourne City. It could have been exhaustion but the previous week, well I wasn't that impressed either. I agree that Retre is better midfielder than RB but right now, at least to me, Retre is the better starting option for RB.

The contrast in opinions on this team depending if we win or lose from this forum is just ridiculous.

If we beat Central Coast at home, we're better than Barcelona. If we lose 4-3 to the top side away then we're gonna get relegated and JVS needs to be burnt at the stake immediately.

Sorensen

Franjic       Hughes    Wilkinson     Zullo

Melling      Malik

Mooy

Fitzgerald        Fornaroli       Novillo

SUBS : Bouzanis  Kuzmanovski Retre Clisby  Garrucio

Or

Sorensen

Hughes    Wilkinson     Melling

Franjic        Retre      Malik         Zullo

Mooy

Fornaroli       Novillo

SUBS : Bouzanis  Fitzgerald Garrucio  Clisby  Trifiro

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Sorensen

Franjic       Hughes    Wilkinson     Zullo

Caceras      Malik

Mooy

Fitzgerald        Fornaroli       Novillo

SUBS : Bouzanis  Melling Retre Clisby  Garrucio

Or

Sorensen

Hughes    Wilkinson     Melling

Franjic       Caceras      Malik         Zullo

Mooy

Fornaroli       Novillo

SUBS : Bouzanis  Fitzgerald Retre Clisby  Trifiro

Caceres missing due to red card suspension?

Would like to see this XI and formation played vs Jets, depending on; Kisnorbo is still injured, Hughes is fit, Wilkinson is signed in time (and fit).

I believe Melling played well as CB against Western Sydney, even though we were molested on every counter due to JVS's tactics, and should remain there for this game.

Even though we continually get scored against playing a 3-5-2, we should still play this formation against the Jets (Fornaroli has scored more then their whole team combined and we kept our only clean sheet against them)

If Hughes, Kisnorbo and Wilkinson are unavailable then we should go back to the 4-3-3, but knowing JVS he will stay with the 3-5-2 and we will only win 3-2 against a team that shouldn't even come close to beating us.

-Deleted Image-

Edited by haz

2 hours ago, haz said:

Would like to see this XI and formation played vs Jets, depending on; Kisnorbo is still injured, Hughes is fit, Wilkinson is signed in time (and fit).

I believe Melling played well as CB against Western Sydney, even though we were molested on every counter due to JVS's tactics, and should remain there for this game.

Even though we continually get scored against playing a 3-5-2, we should still play this formation against the Jets (Fornaroli has scored more then their whole team combined and we kept our only clean sheet against them)

If Hughes, Kisnorbo and Wilkinson are unavailable then we should go back to the 4-3-3, but knowing JVS he will stay with the 3-5-2 and we will only win 3-2 against a team that shouldn't even come close to beating us.

Formation vs Jets.JPG

Does Sorensen play for another club? What's that red emblem beside his name?

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (GK), 3.Aaron HUGHES, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 8.Aaron MOOY, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 11.Michael ZULLO, 16.Jason TRIFIRO, 17.Wade DEKKER, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 24.Patrick KISNORBO (c), 25.Jacob MELLING, 27.Nick FITZGERALD, 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI, 33.Osama MALIK

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 17.Wade DEKKER (promoted), 16.Jason TRIFIRO (promoted), 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI (promoted)

Outs: 6.Erik PAARTALU (released), 29.Anthony CACERES (suspended)

Unavailable: 3.Aaron HUGHES (soreness – 1 week), 4.Connor CHAPMAN (4-5 weeks), 7.Corey GAMEIRO (knee – season)

Kisnorbo has been named after coming off in the 3rd minute last week :huh:

15 minutes ago, Red or Dead said:

They just need to survive this week and then it gets pushed out to 8 yellows before you miss a week...

Still walking on a tight rope for my liking. El-Tuna and Harry get fouled week in week out. Hope they don't lose it and smack someone in their face..