Melbourne Football

RD 15 City travel to the Glory Hole

Dylan

1 minute ago, Tommykins said:

Could start an entirely different wing pairing (if we stick with the 3-5-2), with Zullo and Franjic potentially coming back in, that's a seriously tasty prospect over at Perth against the likes of Warren, Collard and Aryn Williams.

Franjic said to Fox in a pre-game interview this week that he was going to miss this game... but I guess we'll find out

23 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Could start an entirely different wing pairing (if we stick with the 3-5-2), with Zullo and Franjic potentially coming back in, that's a seriously tasty prospect over at Perth against the likes of Warren, Collard and Aryn Williams.

I actually don't mind Williams, but with red card to grant and thwaite injured there is a chance that Golec comes back 

So after winning the must win match against WSW this game is all about consolidating that win with another and making the most of the draw between the Brisbane and Wellington today. Next round WSW haven't had a lot of success over Sydney FC so we're in with a real chance of bridging the gap even more. And the visitors are playing Brisbane so who knows what will happen there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Surely we can pencil in 3 points for this one

I don't think so. With there best goal scorer in Keogh back in the squad it makes our just bit that bit harder. Particularly that we've had not held one clean sheet. One bonus however is that Sydnei was released in place of Keogh. Always thought he gave our fullbacks some issues in the past so that helps. 

The other thing and I know it's obvious but a win will mean the team will be in the best head space they've ever been. Simply because it's almost validation that the win the other night meant something and wasn't for nothing. Jut need to get within a nose length of the top of the ladder and I think our big name players will step up further. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I don't think so. With there best goal scorer in Keogh back in the squad it makes our just bit that bit harder. Particularly that we've had not held one clean sheet. One bonus however is that Sydnei was released in place of Keogh. Always thought he gave our fullbacks some issues in the past so that helps. 

I think it was Fernandez for Keogh. Would appear that Perth have someone else in mind to replace Sidnei.

If Koren isn't named on the bench (and there's no reason to think he would be after Trifiro's solid performance against WSW) it would be safe to say he's goose is cooked. 

On the game itself, as long as we don't play a really high intensity style in the first half (it's 30+ degrees every day in Perth) and burnout in the 2nd half, we should be too good for them. Keep playing Novillo and Tuna centrally and they'll each score a brace. 4-0! :)

This is a game that we should win. I'm concerned though that we have had large periods of the past two games where we have just managed to hang on, admittedly against better sides than Perth, but we still struggle to control games. We look most vulnerable against counter-attacks and this is Perth's playing style. We have traditionally struggled at NIB and have only won there once I think. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, I do think that we'll score. My prediction is a score draw.

18 hours ago, strider said:

Just want to remind everyone that we have the second most goals scored against us in the entire competition, beaten only by the wooden spooners CCM. 

That's fucked up

no whats f-ed up is that it could be much worse if the opposition didn't bottletheir chances and Sorenson pulling out saves from the top draw/