Melbourne Football

December 19 Christmas Derby

Cityscape

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

How many more votes/polls on "music" and the "match-day experience"?

Concentrate on the fucking football, City, and the match-day experience will take care of itself.

Lol do you think that the media/marketing staff should be focusing on the football? 

Please, turn it up.

• Like 3

On 08/12/2015, 17:26:54, jw1739 said:

How many more votes/polls on "music" and the "match-day experience"?

Concentrate on the fucking football, City, and the match-day experience will take care of itself.

Yes, because the entire staff of the club have stopped everything to run this poll. Even taking some of the players out of training to help count. 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

@Murfy1 help me out here. When was the last time "the rebel alliance" went in to the derby ahead of "the Empire" on the table?

i have a good vibe about this.

Beware of the darkside.

I think when Magilton/Durakovic where in charge. Not that we were much better they were just worse.

6 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

@Murfy1 help me out here. When was the last time "the rebel alliance" went in to the derby ahead of "the Empire" on the table?

Don't know about the last time, but we certainly did in Season 2 when we beat them 3-2 (the Matt Thompson Derby). We were third going into the derby and second afterwards - they were mid-table or somewhere like that.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Don't know about the last time, but we certainly did in Season 2 when we beat them 3-2 (the Matt Thompson Derby). We were third going into the derby and second afterwards - they were mid-table or somewhere like that.

Who can forget "the Derby of dreams". I took 1 supporter and 3 unbelievers, sat with the unwashed and came away with 4 rusted on supporters. Pity about "the lollybag" we gave them at the death, but aside from that the perfect game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

It wasn't last season, where things fell into place for victory. Or the 2 Aloisi seasons before that.

So I also reckon it was the Christmas derby in 2011 where Matt Thompson got a brace. So about 4 years ago.

Therefore it's a time to savour right now, as it's been a long time since things were this good. 

We're in the best attacking form any A-League club has ever been in, haven't lost since mid November, just recorded our first clean sheet and the game is at AAMI Park where we always play our best derbies.

Victory are starting to have injury problems of their own, have lost two games in a row and have to make a trip to play in the heat of Perth just days before the match.

If ever there was a derby that we should win, it's this one. So we'll undoubtedly buckle under the pressure and put out the most disappointing derby loss of all time.

• Like 3