Melbourne Football

Round 7 - Roar vs City Friday 20th November

Baka1

I was going. I'm staying on the Sunshine Coast and had already hired a car to drive down to Brisbane. 

I'm just not interested in ruining my holiday with more of the same shit that we've been served up for 5 years. Even if we were 3 gold up at 80 minutes I wouldn't be enjoying a minute of the game as I'd expect us to fuck it up as we so regularly do. I'll do anything else and have a good time instead

No Kisnorbo & No Hughes.  No chance.

Need to do something different at the back to have even a snow flakes chance in hell in this game, as playing Clisby & Chapman together is the equivalent of not playing a goal keeper.

As I see it the choices are one of Richardson or Paartalu with one of those 2 (probable Chappy).  

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result."

19 hours ago, Tony999 said:

If our Dutch prick loses against the worst coach in a-league history he should show some dignity and resign.

C'mon, Ross Aloisi is better than lots of coaches. You don't  think that Bambi is seriously the senior coach of Roar?

Edited by belaguttman

All our backline needs is no experienced CBs. There are so many possibilities for JVS to play players out of position in this game that its mind boggling to contemplate.

The team will attack full bore and press non stop in an uncoordinated way for the first 10 minutes. As the players tire Roar will score.

4-0 win to Roar if we do well. Bambi will gloat.

21 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

No, we should have paid for an experienced 'assistant' coach like Ross Aloisi.

I'm not saying that he's now suddenly a super coach but not willing to give him credit for some of their success?

He recruited Mclaren and was smart enough to put good coaches around him to help him out (unlike us)

17 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I'm not saying that he's now suddenly a super coach but not willing to give him credit for some of their success?

He recruited Mclaren and was smart enough to put good coaches around him to help him out (unlike us)

I thought Trani and Jolic came to us as pretty respected assistant coaches?

http://www.cornerflag.com.au/heart-sign-backroom-pair/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

All our backline needs is no experienced CBs. There are so many possibilities for JVS to play players out of position in this game that its mind boggling to contemplate.

The team will attack full bore and press non stop in an uncoordinated way for the first 10 minutes. As the players tire Roar will score.

4-0 win to Roar if we do well. Bambi will gloat.

It looks as though we are on a hiding to nothing here with both Kisnorbo and Hughes missing. A lot is going to depend on Sorensen marshalling whatever back line he has in front of him. Surely we have to abandon the FBs sitting high for this one? I see little alternative to parking the bus. I don't know whether we will risk Franjic. Richardson and Clisby in, perhaps Chapman and Paartalu at CB? I'm no tactician but perhaps start off with 4-4-2 and see how we go. I also think Trifiro has to come in to get as much experience on the park as we can.

How we have so many of our senior players out on a regular basis is beyond me.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I thought Trani and Jolic came to us as pretty respected assistant coaches?

http://www.cornerflag.com.au/heart-sign-backroom-pair/

So highly rated and yet look where we are?

Whilst JVS needs to go all these assistant coached can go with him for what i care. We need a bit clean out.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

If Hughes and Kisnorbo are definitely out then we will struggle whoever is in. What are the possibility of Franjic and Zullo starting?

My team is players are fit would be

Sorenson

Franjic (If not fit then Millar)

Hughes (if not fit then Chapman/Richardson)

Kisnorbo (if not fit then Richardson)

Zullo (if not fit then Clisby)

Melling

Paartalu

Mooy

Bruno

Novillo 

Garuccio

Subs: Velaphi, Mauk, Zinni, Gameiro, A defender depending who is fit

I would actually play Novillo as the centre forward because he has the height and speed to cause them trouble. Bruno is capable of playing wide and has good work rate so would play him ahead of the right back.

3 hours ago, silva10 said:

If Hughes and Kisnorbo are definitely out then we will struggle whoever is in. What are the possibility of Franjic and Zullo starting?

My team is players are fit would be

Sorenson

Franjic (If not fit then Millar)

Hughes (if not fit then Chapman/Richardson)

Kisnorbo (if not fit then Richardson)

Zullo (if not fit then Clisby)

Melling

Paartalu

Mooy

Bruno

Novillo 

Garuccio

Subs: Velaphi, Mauk, Zinni, Gameiro, A defender depending who is fit

I would actually play Novillo as the centre forward because he has the height and speed to cause them trouble. Bruno is capable of playing wide and has good work rate so would play him ahead of the right back.

Mooy remains on international duty and his appearance would be dependent on him being able to return to Brisbane in time from Bangladesh. Not sure how realistic that is and last time we tried that he had an ordinary game by his standards and the team lost anyway.

On the team's website the club lists seven defenders of which 3 are available (Clisby, Chapman, Richardson), 3 are out injured (kisnorbo, Hughes, Zullo) and Franjic is a maybe. Last week, we took Retre and Garrucio from the midfield list to fill in the gaps at RB and LB. The DM are Paartalu and Melling. Koren and Mooy are out leaving Mauk and Trifiro. My preference would be for Paartalu to go back into defence and Trifiro to come into the midfield.

10 hours ago, knutty said:

It's hard to see how we could win this like we can obviously score given enough chances but for our defence to hold out for 90+ minutes we'll need a miracle. It'll be the sacked manager getting he's replacement sacked too lol.

Roar defence haven't conceded a goal for 2 games. Our defence has leaked 5 goals in that time