Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

meh, they were talking about it on SEN yesterday so I thought I might as well bring it up

IMO it's a good point, especially with our first home match not being until Round 3. In fact I'm somewhat surprised anyone would be renewing or taking out a membership at this particular point, as there's no particular benefit in doing so. In that context IMO memberships are holding up much better than I expected.

It's not a bad point but then if you think about where membership would be if this debacle wasn't taking place I think we would be where we are now. No big marquee or guest player, people unsure of what City will deliver this season etc. and the general buzz behind City's first season in charge has worn off. I believe we are where we're at without any influence from the FFA and PFA issues. 

Edited by n i k o

I like the idea, but hate the term "cityzens" so am disappointed this occurs on your membership card regardless. 

Anyway whatever 

If it makes you feel any better, we hate it too. They took a collective name for the fans which the fans themselves hated and refused to use - one which was only in use because the media came up with it and loves to use it -  then misspelled it and forced it on us as a membership scheme. Trust me, we have no feeling of identity with the term "Cityzens" either. 

In other news, I really need to get round to renewing my int'l membership. Not sure why I haven't got round to it yet. 

• Like 2

If it makes you feel any better, we hate it too. They took a collective name for the fans which the fans themselves hated and refused to use - one which was only in use because the media came up with it and loves to use it -  then misspelled it and forced it on us as a membership scheme. Trust me, we have no feeling of identity with the term "Cityzens" either. 

In other news, I really need to get round to renewing my int'l membership. Not sure why I haven't got round to it yet. 

They could make it ever cooler by spelling it "Cityzenz" that will bring in the masses