Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

I dont really care what they do to sell tickets or memberships, just as long as they dont gloat about having 2000004234 members when only 8000 are at a game like the AFL clubs do. 

Best comparison would be revenue from memberships. 

But even then, the sale of 3-4 game memberships detracts from gate takings, so perhaps its membership and gate revenue combined that's the real indicator 

Agreed. For the record, the count was 7,022 before the new packages became available. Any further comparisons with previous seasons are meaningless because it is no longer "apples with apples." The club would have the breakdown of all the various different grades of membership, but we don't.

Well that's just shit. So if we have say 9000 members that includes the 4 game membership, what happens when they have exhausted the 4 game membership? Like you said, the club will know but we will never know our true membership count. Then they will introduce a two-game membership... then one-game membership.... they should not be called "membership". Should be "4 game package" or something like that that has no bearing on membership count.

I do wonder, and it would be nice if it were the case, if the 4 game members have the opportunity to upgrade to a full membership at the conclusion of their 4 games.

Give them a taste, and then offer them to stay on.

We have this in bike racing. A three race membership for $50ish, then if you like you can upgrade to the yearly - minus the $50.

Works really well.

Agreed. For the record, the count was 7,022 before the new packages became available. Any further comparisons with previous seasons are meaningless because it is no longer "apples with apples." The club would have the breakdown of all the various different grades of membership, but we don't.

But they've done this every year.  Didn't they even resort to a "2 game membership" last year?

This is the membership thread, so we talk about membership, but like others have said its not that relevant.  Most use seems to be for some sort of "pissing contest" between clubs.

But they've done this every year.  Didn't they even resort to a "2 game membership" last year?

This is the membership thread, so we talk about membership, but like others have said its not that relevant.  Most use seems to be for some sort of "pissing contest" between clubs.

The 2-match flexi-memberships were introduced on 5th February 2015.

Still haven't received an email saying mine's been sent out 

sportsubs site still says "packing" :(

Hey, are you still waiting?

I have the same status. It's been like this for a while now. Not sure how long it takes to pack a membership.

Might be time for a call today...

I am surprised that the club didn't promote 'personalized' membership cards on the website or anywhere else for that matter  .. if anything it is an added bonus and unique for our fans of this magnificent club ! Also more the reason people should sign up cause who knows it will ever be repeated again next year.. I don't know about everyone else but I regarded my membership cards as a memorabilia.

Edited by raw10

Relax. It'll come. 

Both in my name serial numbers are way different though. Other than that exactly the same, it'll be there soon though you'd hope.

Heading overseas in a couple of days, only reason I'm a bit antsy about it! In the past I've always picked up at Family Day.

Will just wait it out I guess. If its not there when I get back (after Round 2), they'll be hearing from me.

I am surprised that the club didn't promote 'personalized' membership cards on the website or anywhere else for that matter  .. if anything it is an added bonus and unique for our fans of this magnificent club ! Also more the reason people should sign up cause who knows it will ever be repeated again next year.. I don't know about everyone else but I regarded my membership cards as a memorabilia.

It will continue to be personalised

We are in the 2nd season at City with the personalised cards

• Like 1

Actually IMO it's more of a "self-pissing contest" by FFA, which seems to think it's necessary to demonstrate that football in Australia is growing every year in order to justify the way FFA micro-manages the game.

Actually IMO it's more of a "self-pissing contest" by FFA, which seems to think it's necessary to demonstrate that football in Australia is growing every year in order to justify the way FFA micro-manages the game.

Surely in the 11th season FFA should just stop hand holding us but rather concentrate on helping others that need it like Newcastle Jets, Central Coast and Brisbane etc..

• Like 1

Actually rang after my status was still in packing. Hopefully will get it next week.

Starting to feel like the little fat kid that gets picked last at lunchtime. 

I am the fat kid that gets picked last - still waiting . 

Even my dog has received her membership before me

daisy.png

• Like 3

Well what is going on, I paid my membership way back in June. I still have not received any notification by email but the sport sub site says i have and i certainly have not had any delivery of memberships .

Johnno, I think that you should ring the club first thing next week and chase this up. If you can show that you have paid (which obviously you have) the responsibility is clearly with the club to deliver your membership card to you, SportsSub or no SportsSub.

• Like 1