Melbourne Football

Memberships 2015-16

Red or Dead

Im not sure i share your attitude Cityscape. Eurosnobs, casual fans, newcomers, etc are exactly the people we need to attract to grow this club. Where else are the new members going to come from?

Basically without the 2.5k "eurosnobs" we have failed to attract any new members what so ever. 

*sorry. Using phone so quotes are going haywire 

good luck getting those fukers. 

Club has enough problems holding on to some of the rusted on supporters on this forum. 

What's this about us having 11,759 members signed up for this season, as stated in the Herald Sun?

That is last season's final figure. Either the Hun has used the data incorrectly, or Munn has been quoted incorrectly (or it's a quote from several months ago), or someone has been loose with the truth.

Can't see us hitting 10K on Friday night, as if will likely take time to build.

The solid thing is though that judging on what I saw today, the inclusion of the W-League team is bringing in more interest across all demographics, which is promising. 

The Herald-Sun did also apparently give away a few tickets to today's game, but for once we actually played an exciting brand of football and won. When this has been done in the past it hasn't been such a pleasant experience.

This year will likely be a building year in terms of growth of the fan base, and may be slower than many would hope, but as long as things trend up on and off the park then it is a good outcome.

Can't see us hitting 10K on Friday night, as if will likely take time to build.

The solid thing is though that judging on what I saw today, the inclusion of the W-League team is bringing in more interest across all demographics, which is promising. 

The Herald-Sun did also apparently give away a few tickets to today's game, but for once we actually played an exciting brand of football and won. When this has been done in the past it hasn't been such a pleasant experience.

This year will likely be a building year in terms of growth of the fan base, and may be slower than many would hope, but as long as things trend up on and off the park then it is a good outcome.

50 double passes for every game apart from derbies

Interesting that they are having a membership day during the season. Shows just how hard they are pushing for more memberships given the low uptake so far and the 14k target. Munn's hit the panic button :)

SEN has also had an increased amount of ads for our game this week too.

Do we think that the club will go down the guest player route this year? After last years effort with Villa, not sure people will jump for joy over that idea. 

Whether we we go after the PR value over team stability for once will be important to see.

I got an email from the club about re-joining. Apparently they 'missed' me.

A guest player could work to boost numbers IF they are clear that they are here for 10 games. Even then it would probably not be until this years guest did play 10 games and NEXT season a guest player for next season was announced that a decent bump would occur because people don't trust them. Also needs to big a big name from the Premier League or La Liga.

I got an email from the club about re-joining. Apparently they 'missed' me.

A guest player could work to boost numbers IF they are clear that they are here for 10 games. Even then it would probably not be until this years guest did play 10 games and NEXT season a guest player for next season was announced that a decent bump would occur because people don't trust them. Also needs to big a big name from the Premier League or La Liga.

that ronaldo guy? i think he's Portuguese or whatever 

edit: nevermind, he'd be second choice to Mr Harry "Anaconda" Novillo

Edited by strider

I got an email yesterday offering me a membership at a discount of $20.

Naturally I refused. I note that a friend of mine who was also a former Dutch connections member has now joined Victory. 

The boycott continues. It seems that there are also 2,500 people who are like minded. $2,500 * 250 = $625,000 lost revenue.

cheers Peter

Edited by pberrett

Naturally I refused. I note that a friend of mine who was also a former Dutch connections member has now joined Victory. 

The boycott continues. It seems that there are also 2,500 people who are like minded. $2,500 * 250 = $625,000 lost revenue.

cheers Peter

im going to get a bunch of mates together and complain to BP that ULP isn't 69¢ anymore. I'm sure they'll give a fuck

• Like 2

cheers Peter

why don't you join the Tards too?

dont let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. (Complaining to the people who were subsidising you is unlikely to go well).

• Like 4

cheers Peter

If that's the case then fans like you are the last thing we need.

Glad to know the price myself and others paid for our memberships was enough for the club to offer cunts like you a discount.

• Like 1

If that's the case then fans like you are the last thing we need.

Incorrect. Its people who are 50/50 about this rabble that we need to convince to stay. 

There are so many people who half hearted (no pun) about City, if we could get them to become committed to the club we would be up there with the highest attended games/members

Incorrect. Its people who are 50/50 about this rabble that we need to convince to stay. 

There are so many people who half hearted (no pun) about City, if we could get them to become committed to the club we would be up there with the highest attended games/members

I agree that we want to encourage new supporters & am ok with the club providing incentives for that.

Howrver if the club is going to give discounted memberships it should be to say pensioners and perhaps extended to foundation members ( not me), not given to people who simply just "refuse to pay full price" because they think they are well connected.

I agree that we want to encourage new supporters & am ok with the club providing incentives for that.

Howrver if the club is going to give discounted memberships it should be to say pensioners and perhaps extended to foundation members ( not me), not given to people who simply just "refuse to pay full price" because they think they are well connected.

Shahanga, pensioners and certain other concession card holders do get a significant discount on the full adult season ticket price.

• Like 1

A bit harsh Shahanga.

CFG have come in and gutted the heart out of Heart. For those of us who don't support the Manchester City global expansion plan, where do you go? To Victory? At least they are have their own identity. Stay with City?  Once the NSL was closed down there was a long enough break before Melbourne got a second club. Now they have been run over. Is there another option that represents the people of Melbourne?

And please don't feel obligated to subsidise me. I have paid enough in Heart membership and last season.

Don't be too hard mate.

not hard on people who pull out because of the reasons you listed or despair on the "quality".

our erstwhile friend had a sweet heart discount deal not offered to others and was complaining to us (who were never offered it) that it was withdrawn. For the first 3 seasons I didn't become a member because as a 1 income family at the time we couldn't afford it. Not looking for sympathy or crying poor, but as a family we just had other priorities. Other family men have mentioned on this forum that the membership costs are a significant impost on their families budget.  Another member of the forum has stated how he is on the pension and scrapping the money together every year is a challenge.

With that as a background I have limited sympathy for people complaining they aren't getting a special discount that is not available to others, some of whom who could sorely need it.

Edited by jw1739
Edited inappropriate reference in Peter's post

Then the club has to win games. Otherwise the swinging supporters will just drop off again when they're not enjoying their match day experiences.

I agree wholeheartedly with HOLLYWOOD's second point. I'm not judging anyone for jumping off, but fuck bribing them with a discount to return mid-season. The bribe should be extended to last year's members that re-signed early (I know the club already does that, but if it can afford these discounts, that should be added to the early bird offers). Supporters that have chosen not to renew their memberships had the opportunity for a discount and turned it down. And I bet you a shitload of them would have come back on board if we'd collected 10-12 points by this stage.

When you start every season with 1-4 points after the first four games, the greatest marketing campaign of all time ain't going to help.

May I just make the general point that IMO people are getting a little carried away in this thread and others. No-one is actually compelled to attend Melbourne City matches, to buy a season ticket, or even to follow the club. 

If you really don't like or disagree with decisions being made or the direction that the club is heading it probably is best that you walk away or at the very least change your expectations. Because you're not going to do yourself any good by being always angry with the club that you say you support.

The situation at City is nothing like that at Cardiff, with its 116-year history, nor is it appropriate to refer to political events in the 1930s and 1940s. 

I'm not judging anyone for jumping off, but fuck bribing them with a discount to return mid-season.

haha. I love this attitude. If you owned a chip shop, and you burned their chips would you not offer them a discount next time they came back?

Or would you tell them to fuck off and they didn't deserve to bask in your glory once you finally got your recipe sorted?

Edited by KSK_47

If you really don't like or disagree with decisions being made or the direction that the club is heading it probably is best that you walk away or at the very least change your expectations. Because you're not going to do yourself any good by being always angry with the club that you say you support.

This is exactly where I find myself. I renewed this year, but to be honest it was purely because I now have a 5 month old son (who is also now a member) who I would like to eventually watch games with in the future. At this stage I just go to have a few beers with friends while I wait for him to be at a more manageable age, and City is my only option as I would rather not go at all than the alternative. But all last season I didn't care, and last night I found myself wanting us to lose just for a laugh.

Bit of a rambling post i know, but I see this club as an advertisement for etihad/abu dhabi, and in the end i couldn't give a shit about our results. Last week I didn't bother going simply because there were signal works going on and I'd have to get on a tram or bus for half of the journey into richmond. I was put off by a minor interuption to my travel. Hell, I could have just driven in! To put it plainly, I'm barely hanging on.

Edited by Pete Heartspur