Melbourne Football

2015 City FFA Cup Campaign: Semi Final V The Cap Cheats in Perth

Dylan

I reckon it's pretty easy to tip the line-up. It should be the same as Saturday with Velaphi in for Sorensen (Velaphi's the Cup keeper), Mauk in for injured Koren and Kuzmanovski in for injured Zullo.

Tough to guess tough who will be the other winger. I think Dekker will likely be benched, so Espindola, Zinni and Williams are all equal odds to start at RW IMO.  

Not sure what'll be more interesting, how our best attackers play--Mooy, Fornaroli--or how the youngsters play (namely Kuzmanovski, Mauk, Espindola, Zinni, Dekker and maybe Melling). I like the look of the squad ATM and think there's a lot of energy, technique and attacking intent. I reckon a good number of players will stand up and produce tonight.

Edited by Murfy1

You expected it to be at AAMI? Do you honestly think any sort of final between both melbourne teams would not be at etihad?

Yes.  I expect the home team to host it.  Why should the home team give away their advantage?

Well that's what should happen.  i also expect that's what would happen if it was a WSW vs Sydney final - it would be in Parramatta.

I reckon it's pretty easy to tip the line-up. It should be the same as Saturday with Velaphi in for Sorensen (Velaphi's the Cup keeper), Mauk in for injured Koren and Kuzmanovski in for injured Zullo.

Tough to guess tough who will be the other winger. I think Dekker will likely be benched, so Espindola, Zinni and Williams are all equal odds to start at RW IMO.  

Not sure what'll be more interesting, how our best attackers play--Mooy, Fornaroli--or how the youngsters play (namely Kuzmanovski, Mauk, Espindola, Zinni, Dekker and maybe Melling). I like the look of the squad ATM and think there's a lot of energy, technique and attacking intent. I reckon a good number of players will stand up and produce tonight.

For me Espindola has been the least productive/influencial. Williams might produce a bit of magic, but I wouldnt start him. So I would start Kuzi Fornaroli and Zinni, and bring Dekker and Williams after 60 (if no mid/defense changes required). 

Velaphi

Retre Chapman Kisnorbo Clisby

Paartalu

Mooy Mauk

Zinni Fornaroli Dekker

Subs: Melling, Sorenson, Espindola, Richardson, Kuzi

I would prefer if we give Richardson a chance at right back and replace Paartalu with Melling or Retre. Also I would hold Dekker in reserve, because he is not really a winger and play Kuzi from the start.

I would prefer if we give Richardson a chance at right back and replace Paartalu with Melling or Retre. Also I would hold Dekker in reserve, because he is not really a winger and play Kuzi from the start.

I thought that's what we might play. The actual starting eleven looks more like what I'd pick, particularly the from six players. Happy with the 3 M's in the middle and the 3 up front. Not so sure about the defensive choices though. 

For all the shit he's copped, i haven't seen anyone praise clisby for the hand he had in the first goal.

Not the greatest but better than what people make him out to be.

No he's quite poor and shouldn't be anywhere near a starting eleven. Criticism is justified, although probably a bit harshly at times. 

I want to see Melling break some jaws

CR1I75tUEAAn5h6.jpg

anybody think we're playing 4-1-2-1-2 narrow?

Velaphi

Millar     Chapman    Clisby    Garrucio

Melling

Mauk                  Melling

Kuzy

Fornaroli        Dekker

Possibility?

Honestly Paddy would have been the the first name I wrote on the team sheet if I was the gaffer.  I can't believe we've left him in out in what is our biggest game of the season so far.

short turnaround + flight to Perth + Paddy being an old cunt = smart decision not to start him

• Like 1

Perth playing pretty much their full strength 11

CR1JIpcU8AUCISU.jpg

Looks like only two changes to the Perth side who were a little shit against Wellington. Plus Garcia, although being a genuine douche, ain't half bad so hopefully we can put them away early or stay close enough to make the most of late chances their tired legs will give. 

Can't see Perth being good enough that we won't get heaps of chances

Edited by mattyh001