Melbourne Football

2015 City FFA Cup Campaign: Semi Final V The Cap Cheats in Perth

Dylan

My new girlfriend actually genuinely thinks it was an superb effort of endurance for her to watch 15 minutes of the AFL Grand Final last Saturday on my couch.

So yeah I have accepted she will not be watching any Soccer.

seriously don't know how you blokes manage this. 

I was told "I want us to spend more time together so Saturday matches are off"

can attend other nights ..... WTF???

i said she is welcome to come and watch it, she replayed "I don't like it"

saturdays are game "free"

before you yell dump her blah blah blah, I am actually interested if anyone had this rear its ugly head and how did you work around it. 

before you yell dump her blah blah blah, I am actually interested if anyone had this rear its ugly head and how did you work around it. 

i knocked mine up.

Now the poor bitch is stuck with me.

• Like 1

A-League: Melbourne City defender Connor Chapman encouraged by team’s second half performance against Victory

David Davutovic

18 October 2015

MELBOURNE City defender Connor Chapman said his team will be hard to beat if they can replicate the second half of Saturday night’s Melbourne derby.

City has little time to ponder the 3-2 loss to Melbourne Victory, with their attention already turning to Wednesday’s FFA Cup semi-final clash away to Perth Glory.

Midfielder Jacob Melling and attacker David Williams could return to the squad for the nib Stadium clash, while attacker Corey Gameiro and left-sided Ben Garuccio also played in last Thursday’s friendly against Hume City.

“It was a game of two halves where the first half they had more of it and got forward, in the second we put them under pressure and they made a few mistakes and we got some confidence from that,’’ Chapman said.

“The next few games we can’t wait until the second half to do that, and if we can push that into 90 minutes, we’ll be very difficult to beat.

“The FFA Cup final is within reach now and we can get there. We’ll go to Perth go for the win.

“We’ve played last season’s grand finalists away and probably should’ve got a point from each.

“We’re still playing well, it’s not as if we’re grinding results. This year we’ve taken it to another level with having Bruno (Fornaroli) upfront and the link up play.’’

Coach John van’t Schip is unlikely to bring in more than two players as most have been out for extended periods.

There were no fresh injuries for City, who are still missing Ivan Franjic (thigh), Harry Novillo (hamstring), Aaron Hughes (calf) and James Brown (knee), with Michael Zullo coming off at halftime for tactical reasons.

“We just have to analyse how the players pull up, it’s a short turnover, it’s a (long) trip. It’s a (semi) final but we have to have fit players playing,’’ van’t Schip said.

“We’ll have a good look at how the players pull up on Monday then make a decision on who’s going to travel on Tuesday and play Wednesday.

“It will be interesting to see what we can do on Wednesday and the games after, I’ve got more options.

“They (Williams, Melling, Garuccio and Gameiro) could be (fit), that’s why they played on Thursday, so if they passed that test then we could start using them from this week on and that was the case, they all passed the test, they all pulled up good, so hopefully from now on we’ve got four players that we gradually have to fit in.’’

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league-melbourne-city-defender-connor-chapman-encouraged-by-teams-second-half-performance-against-victory/story-fnk6pqhd-1227573411793

She must be an absolute 10/10 if you're putting up with that to be fair

Given the 4 day break and a game to follow, imo we'll roll with this:

Velaphi

Retre.   Chapman.    Richardson.    Zullo

Paartalu     Mooy

Mauk

Gameiro.         Fornaroli       Garrucio

Sorensen  Williams  Melling    Kisnorbo.   Kuzmanovski.

Itll be interesting to see if they start the players that have been injured or bring them off the bench.

Itend to think one of Koren and Paartalu wont play at all but difficult to say which. Intriguing selection times...

FFA Cup 2015: Melbourne City has one eye on epic derby final

Matt Windley

19 October 2015

MELBOURNE City defender Jack Clisby says the prospect of a Melbourne Derby FFA Cup final makes Wednesday’s semi against Perth Glory all the more appetising.

City is hellbent on making the most of its place in the final four having never won a senior trophy in the six-year history of the club.

Clisby himself is no stranger to this stage of the tournament, having been a part of the Perth squad that lost last year’s final to Adelaide United.

But a derby final at Etihad Stadium on November 7 would be something else.

And after being on the end of a heartbreaking 3-2 loss to Victory on Saturday night, Clisby said City players would relish the prospect of taking on their arch rivals again so soon.

“It’s definitely crossed our minds, 100 per cent it has,”

“We’re obviously taking it one step at a time and playing against Perth before we even consider it, but definitely the thought of a Melbourne Derby final has come across and it would be great to get another stab at them after the disappointment of the weekend.

“It would be great to rectify that result.”

City is fighting against the odds on Wednesday.

Not only does it still have to contend with a hefty injury list, but also a short turnaround and four-hour flight west, while Perth’s weather gods are turning on a 35 degree day for the nib Stadium showdown.

But Clisby said his side showed great character in its second half fightback against Victory on Saturday night.

And the left back said Wednesday night’s game is another opportunity for the side to demonstrate the strides it has made in the off-season.

“It can go both ways, we obviously get a longer recovery (Perth lost to Wellington at home on Sunday), but the fact that we have to go over there probably suits them more,” Clisby said.

“You’ve got the heat as well, but as professionals we’ve got to deal with those situations.”

Clisby said it would be “massive” for City to get in to the Cup final.

“Especially for this club, which hasn’t won any silverware as of yet,” he said.

“This is something you want to be in, a final of a competition like this, and these are the games that you have to play to get there.

“It’s another competition that you want to win, it’s not just another add on chucked in there and if you do well then so be it.

“We’re treating this as seriously as any other game and to get through to the final would be a great feat for the club.”

FFA CUP SEMI-FINAL

PERTH GLORY v MELBOURNE CITY

Wednesday

nib Stadium, 9.30pm

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/football/ffa-cup-2015-melbourne-city-has-one-eye-on-epic-derby-final/news-story/fcf3a71845090459e338735abbc04e5a

Unavailable:  3.Aaron HUGHES (calf – 1 week), 5.Ivan FRANJIC (quad – 3-5 weeks), 7.Corey GAMEIRO (suspended – 1 match – accumulation), 9.Harry NOVILLO (hamstring – 2-3 weeks), 10.Robert KOREN (calf – 2 weeks), 11.Michael ZULLO (calf – 3-4 weeks), 14.James BROWN (foot – TBC), 26.Marc MARINO (knee – 3 months)
Read more at http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/preview-ffa-cup-semi-final-glory-v-city/1d23zgup45fr21giimql2su1k8#Kx4h3PpHL58Z1edM.99

FFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
  • Like 1

That's what the article says. 

As far as I can see he didn't play for Sydney in the A-League after 7th November 2014.

He had a yellow card in their FFA Cup match (defeated by Adelaide) on 21st October 2014, but I haven't got any further details on him.

Here are the rules: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/dct/ffa-dtc-performgroup-eu-west-1/Westfield FFA Cup Disciplinary Rules_1qspmks53u32h1fmgqfq437cdz.pdf - presumably he's fallen foul of rules 1.3/1.4, and the cards are deemed to carry over to a following season.

Perhaps we should have "selected" him for the Edgeworth game and then he would have served the suspension then...we're being punished for being honest.

Edited by jw1739