Melbourne Football

The Paddy Kisnorbo thread

TheStig

19 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yes sure Erick! You are technical director of Troyes.

Sounds more like he is trying to wash his hands clean.

My question would be whether the Technical Director has a line management responsibility for the appointment? However, seems odd that there would have been no consultation - after all, the two had worked together.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Curious as to what peoples opinions are in regards to why or why you wouldn't want him back at the Club?

For me I like he's brutality and he wasn't afraid to tell it how it is. Don't get me wrong there was alot I didn't like about him but when you compare him to Rado and now Vidmar you can't tell me he wasn't worse than those 2.

7 hours ago, heart1011 said:

Curious as to what peoples opinions are in regards to why or why you wouldn't want him back at the Club?

For me I like he's brutality and he wasn't afraid to tell it how it is. Don't get me wrong there was alot I didn't like about him but when you compare him to Rado and now Vidmar you can't tell me he wasn't worse than those 2.

Pretty much what NC said, PK is a coach who has little ability to think outside of his rigid pattern of do Plan A and if not working do Plan A better and do it without fresh legs. Here's a question apart from his brutality why do you think he can get more out of the cattle we have this season?

4 hours ago, Le Hack said:

Pretty much what NC said, PK is a coach who has little ability to think outside of his rigid pattern of do Plan A and if not working do Plan A better and do it without fresh legs. Here's a question apart from his brutality why do you think he can get more out of the cattle we have this season?

Not much will change with another coach IMO unless you change the formation and other fundamentals. 

Old backline, quality for the critical sole DM position lacks, wrong captain appointment and CF who doesn’t contribute enough in open play. Acknowledge and solve these issues than you can talk about a progressing.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Not much will change with another coach IMO unless you change the formation and other fundamentals. 

Old backline, quality for the critical sole DM position lacks, wrong captain appointment and CF who doesn’t contribute enough in open play. Acknowledge and solve these issues than you can talk about a progressing.

IMO we can't do much in terms of changes to the squad because of the salary cap and in hindsight three-year contracts are not a good idea. I think we're stuck with what we've got and Vidmar's main task is to get more out of them, and I think that you are right and that he has to make some bold decisions that may step on a few toes.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IMO we can't do much in terms of changes to the squad because of the salary cap and in hindsight three-year contracts are not a good idea. I think we're stuck with what we've got and Vidmar's main task is to get more out of them, and I think that you are right and that he has to make some bold decisions that may step on a few toes.

The only change that I can see is for Natel to depart in the January transfer window. This season is going to be meh and City could easily finish last.

Next season is better as Young, Reis, Good and Hall are out of contract - so the back line can be sorted out. The forward line has JMac, Leckie, Nabbout and Jakolis come to the end of their contracts. In the midfield the club is screwed.

Regrettably we have released Rafa and Cola so that means our club grown forwards are going to be thin. And this is where recruitment comes in and the CFG scouting network.

58 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

The only change that I can see is for Natel to depart in the January transfer window. This season is going to be meh and City could easily finish last.

Next season is better as Young, Reis, Good and Hall are out of contract - so the back line can be sorted out. The forward line has JMac, Leckie, Nabbout and Jakolis come to the end of their contracts. In the midfield the club is screwed.

Regrettably we have released Rafa and Cola so that means our club grown forwards are going to be thin. And this is where recruitment comes in and the CFG scouting network.

Is Hall so bad?

In midfield we can replace Sakhi and Antonis.

If we have the balls to release the out-of-contract players and then recruit well we can have a thorough rebuild.

47 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Who knows whether Hall is any good. He gets no game time, no matter how bad the back four are.

He played against Wellington in the Cup at Oakleigh and IMO acquitted himself well. Again, like Galloway, I have no idea why we we don't play him but persist with the same old, same old.

• Like 2

What a relief! He is gone, he is finally gone. Thank the Lord, he is gone.

His choices, his thoughts and his vision were a complete disaster.

His first year was bad, but at least only the police was involved for a few games or practices. To calm down the ultras. A few concrete examples:

https://twitter.com/ultras1899_/status/1625080339843661825/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1625080339843661825&currentTweetUser=ultras1899_

IMG_4639.jpeg.360ebd002a16a5a0dfad874954b11fb0.jpeg

When PK arrived in November 2022, the team was 13th out of 20 and 5th for the attack standing. We finished the year by being relegated and we were the 18th team in the attack standing.

___

The second year was an absolute nightmare. The biggest problem started when he declared he was happy with the situation. The public and sponsors put pressure by showing a definite disinterest in the team : boycott in the stadium, the games, boycott by being a sponsor.

For the first time, we saw a funeral procession with PK and the team targeted. The team, the sponsor, the politics and the public had to consider seriously an other relegation and potentially a significant risk to lose the professional licence. 

IMG_4645.thumb.jpeg.9ab4df0d8f67014d214d21cfe492bac7.jpeg

PK denied that fact and we could see how disconnected he was from the reality. Journalists asked him if he knew the league’s rule, etc,…

IMG_4638.thumb.jpeg.69c5217b087c466c0c8be8c762bd5c11.jpeg

pictures mocking him were more and more popular online 

588B356C-2B15-4E37-A0D6-B02497AFA3D0.thumb.jpeg.5622971237374d87af9b42944c9ff345.jpeg

______

Of course, by being a coach of a French team, owned by one of the richest group in the world, people asked him when he is going to consider speaking French (not fluently, French is a difficult language to learn), but nothing. In 1 year, not a single word in French. That did not help his cause. 

During a few games public asked him to resign but he said : « sorry I don’t understand ». This is when we started to see more and more people offended 

IMG_4634.thumb.jpeg.18db37ffc2b4e693d788735e156e0697.jpeg

IMG_4633.thumb.jpeg.8cdc867fcf47a6972f45e8ae329910e1.jpeg

_______

in conclusion, a few statistics:

- 40 games played in total, only 3 victories 

- 23 players injured during his mandate

- 12 members of the staff left because of their lack of confidence with PK (especially the medical staff who complain because PK never respected the medical protocol)

Please, you deserve better, don’t bring him back. I will never advise anybody to get Kisnorbo for a being their coach, even to my worst enemy. 

IMG_4635.jpeg

Edited by Thomas1983
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

After reading that, I feel a bit like you guys treated him really horribly. Who knows, maybe that created an environment where he couldn’t thrive.

He did pretty well for us, just sayin’

Football in Europe is another level, yes it’s ruthless. Even media and most fans have a higher understanding of the game. There are just certain qualities in PK who are so obvious.

Saying that he did well, which he did without acknowledging why it well and to wish him to come back isn’t right in my opinion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Football in Europe is another level, yes it’s ruthless. Even media and most fans have a higher understanding of the game. There are just certain qualities in PK who are so obvious.

Saying that he did well, which he did without acknowledging why it well and to wish him to come back isn’t right in my opinion.

I didn’t say I wished him to come back

edit: maybe I would add that he did well for us by motivating an already solid group of players. But to say that he just had to show up and get a winner’s medal is just as inaccurate. 

Edited by NuggetsMcGreggor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

After reading that, I feel a bit like you guys treated him really horribly. Who knows, maybe that created an environment where he couldn’t thrive.

He did pretty well for us, just sayin’

Kisnorbo started really well. 
Locally, fans were super happy to have him. There were articles and fanpages showing him in town, while drinking beer and hugging with people. 
That was super unusual for us to have someone super friendly and open. 

Even in the large media, people were enthusiastic about him. Look at this video for instance

That was in the main channel to watch ligue 1 and ligue 2 in France. 

Started well with 4 points taken out of 6 (one draw, one victory).

And after, we saw  a slowly but surely huge disaster with 23 games in a row (between January 2023 and August 2023) without any victory. 

Tactically, nothing in the video above was used. We got a few games without any subs used (mostly 1 sub was used during games between the 80th and 90th minutes of the game) even if several players were out of shape. Tactically, Kisnorbo was no longer in control during games in ligue 1.

In ligue 2, a less technical division but more physical, we thought our « Australian fighter » will have the opportunity to show his quality but it was worse. We lost less game, but it was impossible to win by using a very strange strategy and when he was replaced (last week) the team was 17th out of 20. So well positioned to be relegated in the third division. 

in France, after more than 2 seasons in the third division, you lose your professional licence. Some people asked him to give more time (40 officials games + 10 additional preparation games was apparently not enough), but it didn’t work and super risky to end up in third division. 

• Like 1

Understand how Troyes fans felt and feel. Not defending PK but like here in Melbourne he's not the actual boss of the club, and whoever is is also accountable to CFG. Those who appointed him, and those who continued to allow him to stay, share what has happened. Surely they should have stepped in when there was open ridicule of him? Not to do so was bad management. He's human after all.

Perhaps Paddy's failing was not so much the football side, but not to realise that it was time to step down, as Rado realised he should do here.

As it is, PK's coaching career is in tatters.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Understand how Troyes fans felt and feel. Not defending PK but like here in Melbourne he's not the actual boss of the club, and whoever is is also accountable to CFG. Those who appointed him, and those who continued to allow him to stay, share what has happened. Surely they should have stepped in when there was open ridicule of him? Not to do so was bad management. He's human after all.

Perhaps Paddy's failing was not so much the football side, but not to realise that it was time to step down, as Rado realised he should do here.

As it is, PK's coaching career is in tatters.

I doubt he will coach again at a top level flight. NPL maybe.

15 hours ago, Zanty said:

He still has enough credit in Australia to land another ALM gig

Or CFG may give him a lifeline. Mumbai City coaching role is still available. Also word is that Muscat is likely to get a role in Europe soon after doing well at Yokohama whose season has finished 

1 hour ago, Le Hack said:

Or CFG may give him a lifeline. Mumbai City coaching role is still available. Also word is that Muscat is likely to get a role in Europe soon after doing well at Yokohama whose season has finished 

It’s probably best to get an assistant role first. Head coach of Yokohama would be a big gamble by the CFG.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Le Hack said:

What CFG do may depend on what commitments were made to him to go to France.

I'm still surprised that in the cases of both PK and Rado that a contract was offered instead of an interim appointment.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

What CFG do may depend on what commitments were made to him to go to France.

I'm still surprised that in the cases of both PK and Rado that a contract was offered instead of an interim appointment.

Rado interim yes. PK why give him an interim role when they had sacked the last coach. I doubt that CFG will have him back in any capacity.