Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

12 minutes ago, HeartinHobart said:

He's clearly here as a second option. 6 month deal. Not thrilled by this.

Undetstand the sentiment but put it this way:

He currently doesn't have a (sufficient) Asian deal on the table.

The only way he gets one of those is by dominating for us. If he does get overseas offers and has a good spell for us, we can consider offering more cash too.

Win - win for this season.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

The only way he gets one of those is by dominating for us. If he does get overseas offers and has a good spell for us, we can consider offering more cash too.

My thoughts exactly. If he leaves after six months for better money, it will be because he's dominated.

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Agree, JvS may be gone by then. who knows what/who the new manager wants to bring in or do with the current squad. Good times ahead..

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Does anyone reckon Luke Brattan will be with us next season? He appears to be doing nothing for Manchester City. He was supposed to be training with Rotherham United, but I can't find any record of him playing with them at any level.

Probably training in Manchester

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Does anyone reckon Luke Brattan will be with us next season? He appears to be doing nothing for Manchester City. He was supposed to be training with Rotherham United, but I can't find any record of him playing with them at any level.

I think you can almost guarantee brattan will be with us next season, made zero impact in the UK. 

Will either be by loan or wouldn't be surprised if cfg pay themselves a transfer fee and he is ours 

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I thought he wasn't allowed to train anywhere due to being at too many clubs this year. So he was training at the city academy

If the club is going to sign a Kiwi player who's played for the other mob, I'd prefer the club signing Barbarouses.  Rojas hasn't played a lot over the past 3 years, and has been loaned out to the German second division (where he attitude was questioned, and he played for the reserve team in the German fourth division), and now he's on loan in Switzerland (where he's been benched more than he's played).

Barbarouses is out of contract at the end of the season, so the club could maybe get him inside the salary cap without too much difficulty. A good age (25), has played a lot recently (more than twice as many games as Rojas over the past 3 years), is a proven A-League performer first at Postecoglou's all conquering Brisbane Roar and now at victory. And he can maybe get Australian citizenship in a year or two.

Could certainly do a lot worse..

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic