Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Who really trusts the club anymore when our visas from the last 2 years are the  likes of Noone (barely scored and  half the player he was in pre season), Berenguer, O’Halloran, Budzinski, Cabrera (last 9 games), Windbichler (injury proned) . Only good visas we’ve brought in the last 2 years are Bart, De Laet and Ross (and in Ross due to Aston Villa couldn’t even stay the season and then CCM signing him the next)

So while the team across town will end up with Rojas, I doubt our signing will even be on par with him with our track record of visa signings. Hope I’m wrong but our track record is horrible at the moment for a so called big club it’s amateur really. 

Edited by CityBoyz

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

As always I've never heard of any of these players....

Not Robinson Crusoe. 
I only know players though who’ve either:

*played for Australia 

*played in the A League

* played for Liverpool 

That’s a pretty small bunch!

in this case I quickly looked up the guy’s stats and clubs on soccerway and was super impressed (which is why he’s not coming here I guess). It’s a big world out there, the odds of us signing someone I know are basically zero.

35 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Rumour going around we’re announcing a player tommorow anybody have any idea who it is. Whoever it is the club has done well as it’s not been leaked anywhere 

Bloke on FB reckons he's:

• A Spaniard
  • Long career in la liga
  • Over 30 y.o
  • Last played in Malaysia
  • Also played J league
  • 1 cap for Spain
  • Europa league runner up
Edited by rayv36

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Susaeta seems far more likely to me and fits the timeline and requirements better. We shall see though. Sounds good on paper

Yup agree. Names being thrown all over the place now but this guy is a proven gun and given he's still valued a few million, would be a big statement from us... If true.. 

2 minutes ago, rass said:

Yup agree. Names being thrown all over the place now but this guy is a proven gun and given he's still valued a few million, would be a big statement from us... If true.. 

It would certainly give the finger to the Tards and their overpriced retread Kiwi mercenary. Drooling at the prospect of JMac being supported by a genuine gun winger... 

Edited by fensaddler
  • Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic