Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

11 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

The club doesn't really leak like it used to with respect to transfers, Davutovic et al. are about as likely to know as we are nowadays. 

the only current one that springs to mind that we all knew about was Maclaren but that still didn’t get finished till 10 minutes before transfer window closed due to his parent club and loan club.

Leroy George, Honda and Darren Fletcher would be good picks. 

Darren Fletcher was a gun player for Man U back in the day. He is 35 now but I feel as though he would be a great central mid for us which is what we also need. 

As for a winger both Honda and George are awesome players to have. At Victory, Honda managed 7 goals and 8 assists in 18 games. George managed 8 goals and 13 assists in 26 games.

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We would need to dip into the "Guest player" category to sign someone like this. I'm not even sure that that option remains and I can't even be bothered looking.

Don’t blame you.

We are so NOT going to sign a big name, big dollar recruit. 
If others wanted to do serious research look at Ligue 2 free agents. If you can stay awake

Coming from out of left field I'm gonna suggest we'll sign a youngster from Man City on loan. I'm going with Ian Poveda, a left winger who can play anywhere across the frontline and is soon to turn 20 and has been capped at every level for England from U16 to U20, but only has 1 first team appearance. Rumoured to be heading to Leeds, but Melbourne in summer is a far nicer alternative.

Edited by mus-28
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Leroy George, Honda and Darren Fletcher would be good picks. 

Darren Fletcher was a gun player for Man U back in the day. He is 35 now but I feel as though he would be a great central mid for us which is what we also need. 

As for a winger both Honda and George are awesome players to have. At Victory, Honda managed 7 goals and 8 assists in 18 games. George managed 8 goals and 13 assists in 26 games.

No. Way too old and more than likely too injury prone and won't have the leg speed to keep up.

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We would need to dip into the "Guest player" category to sign someone like this. I'm not even sure that that option remains and I can't even be bothered looking.

Why would any club do this mid-season? If you are going to have a Gust Player then the club would want to take the advantage over a full season or two.

6 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Coming from out of left field I'm gonna suggest we'll sign a youngster from Man City on loan. I'm going with Ian Poveda, a left winger who can play anywhere across the frontline and is soon to turn 20 and has been capped at every level for England from U16 to U20, but only has 1 first team appearance.

This is better. I would also look at the Serbian/Croatian leagues as they seem to adjust better.

Signing a Manchester City player on loan? Do you know how much these young players are on? We wouldn't be able to get him under the cap, and therefore he would have to be a marquee.

It was one of the things that CFG had intended to do when they bought Heart, but FFA stepped in and required all loan players to be under the cap - the so-called "Lampard Rule."

Now we're all just throwing names forward, I'll chuck a couple on my extensive transfermarkt research 

Madibo Maiga, played epl at West ham and scored a few goals. Still only 31 and can play anywhere across front 3

Fabio Coentrao, this is more a wish then anything, played at Real Madrid as a left back but would have the quality to play as a winger here

I wouldn't be surprised if the club was super confident of getting Rojas, tweeted the announcement, got rejected and now they're desperate try to sign anyone.

The only signing they'll manage now is some washed up bum in the danish 2nd divi or just some state 1 hack and have a "home grown talent caption". 

21 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the club was super confident of getting Rojas, tweeted the announcement, got rejected and now they're desperate try to sign anyone.

The only signing they'll manage now is some washed up bum in the danish 2nd divi or just some state 1 hack and have a "home grown talent caption". 

That’s it - if you have your house in order just announce the new player on the same day Cabrera leaves. What’s the hold up, ah perhaps Petrillo needs to have his picture taken with the player?

19 minutes ago, haz said:

Lasith Malinga

Very good option, definitely a better shooter than Noone, Berenguer and Wales.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

That’s it - if you have your house in order just announce the new player on the same day Cabrera leaves. What’s the hold up, ah perhaps Petrillo needs to have his picture taken with the player?

I'd imagine being a salary capped league that every signing and their wages would need to be ticked off by league. We would have had to wait for Cabrera to be officially off our books before we could start that process

6 minutes ago, neio said:

I'd imagine being a salary capped league that every signing and their wages would need to be ticked off by league. We would have had to wait for Cabrera to be officially off our books before we could start that process

And then you after all is agreed it’s got to be processed through the TMS which is the FIFA transfer matching system which can take time. Have to do all that before you can officially announce it. Not just signing a contract 

My take on matter is that old mate Javier gave us little choice in the matter. “I’ve got an offer and I’m going” or similar.

we've therefore released him and are scrambling for a replacement, but as we should all know by now, it ain’t easy in January.

”Castro like”: overweight, smokes cigars and loves baseball.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rass said:

Thing with Rojas is we all know what to expect from him, given the two stints already here.

Now we're back to that waiting and anticipation game, not knowing whether we'll get a gun or a hack.

Not discounting Rojas just yet we’re the only club in Melbourne with a visa spot and cap space. Just a waiting game 

10 minutes ago, rass said:

Thing with Rojas is we all know what to expect from him, given the two stints already here.

Now we're back to that waiting and anticipation game, not knowing whether we'll get a gun or a hack.

If he’s not Castro-like then the only reasonable thing to do is give Blatchford a lifetime ban for getting our hopes up. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

My take on matter is that old mate Javier gave us little choice in the matter. “I’ve got an offer and I’m going” or similar.

we've therefore released him and are scrambling for a replacement, but as we should all know by now, it ain’t easy in January.

”Castro like”: overweight, smokes cigars and loves baseball.

Adriano confirmed

Image result for Adriano gun"

27 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Seriously who is the player Rojas or some other foreigner. Must be done you would think 

Tbh I think it's not close to done. Social media admin obviously has no clue, we've had 'clues' for past signings too.

That means a couple of scenarios

(1) Signing not finalised so outside of Petrillo, Erick etc. staff have no idea

(2) The player is not in Melbourne or Manchester yet so no chance for physical teasers.

(3) A signing has been made but has a generic name and history that you can't make any worthwhile 'clues' with.

Either way, I expect to be dissapointed.

Edited by haz

6 minutes ago, haz said:

Adriano confirmed

Image result for Adriano gun"

Tbh I think it's not close to done. Social media admin obviously has no clue, we've had 'clues' for past signings too.

That means a couple of scenarios

(1) Signing not finalised so outside of Petrillo, Erick etc. staff have no idea

(2) Signing not in Melbourne yet so no chance for physical teasers.

(3) Signing made but has a generic name and history that you can't make any worthwhile 'clues' with.

Either way, I expect to be dissapointed.

Adriano has conditioned himself breathing Amazonian smoke. He feels prepared for Victorian smoke.

If nobody has been seen in Melbourne it suggests an overseas based player as they usually get their medical etc done in Manchester

10 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Adriano has conditioned himself breathing Amazonian smoke. He feels prepared for Victorian smoke.

If nobody has been seen in Melbourne it suggests an overseas based player as they usually get their medical etc done in Manchester

Important point being lost in all the bullshit. To my knowledge, all the overseas players so far have come via Manchester.

17 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Yea should have said signing has not arrived in Melbourne or Manchester yet.

Also, if it was a genuinely 'big' signing surely FOX would have been tipped off to create some hype for the league and the club. Castro game straight from La Liga at 34 after playing a full season with ~50 goals ~20 assists from 200+ games total in the league. As a comparison this would equate to us signing someone like:

• Raúl García (La Liga):  33 Yrs Old, 468 Games, 87 Goals, 39 Assists
  • Fabián Orellana (La Liga): 33 Yrs Old, 245 Games, 32 Goals, 40 Assists
  • Salomon Kalou (Bundesliga/EPL): 34 Yrs Old, 307 Games, 84 Goals, 40 Assists
Edited by haz

• jw1739 pinned this topic