Melbourne Football

Robert Koren (confirmed by club as released)

Jimmy

Robert Koren's calf injury

Round 1 Away: Named (Late Withdrawal)

Round 2 Home: Promoted (Did not play)

Round 3 Melb: 4-6 weeks

Round 4 Home: 3-5 weeks

Round 5 Away: 3-5 weeks

Round 6 Home: 2-4 weeks

Round 7 Home: 2-3 weeks

I'm expecting:

Round 8 Away: 1-3 weeks

Round 9 Home: 1-2 weeks

Round10 Away: 1 week (Not taking any risks this time)

Derby 2 Home: Substitute (with 20-30 mins to play)

Round12 Home: 4-6 weeks

Fixed

• Like 4

They will probably make him run around in the youth team a couple of times before he makes the bench. Given that they rushed back Germano they are probably going to be ultra ultra cautious. Its also a good thing he had a whole preseason too so at least he issnt starting from zero

Why all the doom and gloom, people? As far as I'm concerned, Red or Dead's progress chart shows a reasonably encouraging (though gradual) trajectory in his recovery. Unless you believe in fantasies like curses, I just don't see any reason why we shouldn't be optimistic about Koren's progress and his ability to help the team when he does get on the park. And, of course, for those people that do believe in curses, these personnel choices don't make a difference, because logically, no matter who we signed as our IM, he'd be screwed.

• Like 2

This what bad results and poor performances do, they take focus away from the playing group and shift it to matters off the pitch ie injured players, sacking coach, dropping players, and poor club culture..

If I remember correctly the new owners stated that it was important for the team to play well and get results as it keeps supporters, media and members happy. The focus is on football which allows the owners to run and implement new things behind the sense.

Do we have any hull city fans here that regularly watched his games? Apart from a few highlights i haven't seen much of him

Goal scoring AM. Can and has played as a false 9. His trade mark is apparently  late runs into the box. Pretty much perfect for Duff to cross to, but of course this is City. It wont work out like that.

Davutovic last week in his blog said he will have a much bigger impact than Engelaar did but that is way over the top IMO

Edited by Dylan

Do we have any hull city fans here that regularly watched his games? Apart from a few highlights i haven't seen much of him

Goal scoring AM. Can and has played as a false 9. His trade mark is apparently  late runs into the box. Pretty much perfect for Duff to cross to, but of course this is City. It wont work out like that.

Davutovic last week in his blog said he will have a much bigger impact than Engelaar did but that is way over the top IMO what about his downside? Can imagine him lacking in pace, stamina, strength, etc

Goal scoring AM. Can and has played as a false 9. His trade mark is apparently late runs into the box. Pretty much perfect for Duff to cross to, but of course this is City. It wont work out like that.

Davutovic last week in his blog said he will have a much bigger impact than Engelaar did but that is way over the top IMOwhat about his downside? Can imagine him lacking in pace, stamina, strength, etc

Apparently in his old age he doesnt track back as much but really nor should he, mooy and paartalu should be doing that.

I am actually very curious and hopeful about him. Sure, the rest of the club is crap and I think JVS has almost lost the players. But, Koren is a cfg marquee and they always said they wont bring a big name they will get a big player so i guess Kores impact will show how much they have learnt about the league so far.

Goal scoring AM. Can and has played as a false 9. His trade mark is apparently late runs into the box. Pretty much perfect for Duff to cross to, but of course this is City. It wont work out like that.

Davutovic last week in his blog said he will have a much bigger impact than Engelaar did but that is way over the top IMO what about his downside? Can imagine him lacking in pace, stamina, strength, etc

Apparently in his old age he doesnt track back as much but really nor should he, mooy and paartalu should be doing that.

I am actually very curious and hopeful about him. Sure, the rest of the club is crap and I think JVS has almost lost the players. But, Koren is a cfg marquee and they always said they wont bring a big name they will get a big player so i guess Kores impact will show how much they have learnt about the league so far.

Well it is just bad luck for Koren he picked up this injury. As far as I know he doesn't have a history of serious injuries, so I can guess he is as frustrated as we all are about this.

I will be surprised if he doesn't make a big impact for us. He definitely has the ability to shine and I would put him a good way ahead of Andy Keogh in terms of ability. So I am hopeful he will prove to be a success.

Davutovic last week in his blog said he will have a much bigger impact than Engelaar did but that is way over the top IMOwhat about his downside? Can imagine him lacking in pace, stamina, strength, etc Apparently in his old age he doesnt track back as much but really nor should he, mooy and paartalu should be doing that.

Well it is just bad luck for Koren he picked up this injury. As far as I know he doesn't have a history of serious injuries, so I can guess he is as frustrated as we all are about this.

I will be surprised if he doesn't make a big impact for us. He definitely has the ability to shine and I would put him a good way ahead of Andy Keogh in terms of ability. So I am hopeful he will prove to be a success.

Well last season Engelaar pretty much transformed the team theb drifted off at the end probably because of a lack of a preseason. Whereas Koren has had a full preseason

Some hull fans have called him a luxury player. Doesn't do much in defence, goes for the shot and won't look for the pass.

But overall they rate him and were sad to see him go

Oh great, that means he won't look to pass backwards towards our CBs and GK during a promising attack... Edited by hakz7
  • Like 1

Some hull fans have called him a luxury player. Doesn't do much in defence, goes for the shot and won't look for the pass.

But overall they rate him and were sad to see him go

Oh great, that means he won't look to pass backwards towards our CBs and GK during a promising attack...

What a cunt, sack him immediately. 

Tweeted today:

Injury update:getting regul. treatments,strengthening exercises,doing some skills work with the ball.Big improvement

1f44d.png

B3KrWb-CEAACZGj.jpg

https://twitter.com/RobiKoren10/status/536679725746253824

Must be getting better as he is not wearing those inflatable boots anymore...

By this time next year he should be fit and ready to play his first game for the club......can't wait!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:

Davutovic last week in his blog said he will have a much bigger impact than Engelaar did but that is way over the top IMO what about his downside? Can imagine him lacking in pace, stamina, strength, etc Apparently in his old age he doesnt track back as much but really nor should he, mooy and paartalu should be doing that.

Well last season Engelaar pretty much transformed the team theb drifted off at the end probably because of a lack of a preseason. Whereas Koren has had a full preseason

Can't wait to see him play but honestly his pre-season seems mostly confined to the treatment table and doing a good impersonation of a pin cushion :P