Melbourne Football

Robert Koren (confirmed by club as released)

Jimmy

FWIW he is not 'injury prone'. Anyone can be prone to injury. He has had very few injuries in his career from what has been discussed before.

It's a shame but i liked KSK's comment about a squad player having to step up. Let's see which of the young lads can make their mark (they probably won't and will be dutifully replaced by an older player who played 1 game in the EPL and thus is considered up to the task).

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/10/22/melbourne-citys-marquee-madness-robert-koren-till-december/

Van `t Schip ruled out a quick dip into the transfer market to cover.

“We’re not looking at that at all,” he said.

“Where do you get someone in for five weeks? It has to be someone that’s not playing, not having a club and he’s probably out of condition and the moment he’s good, he has to leave again.

“And having the pedigree of Koren – you’re talking about something that doesn’t exist.

Memo to JvS: It's called being part of the City Football Group...

• Like 1

Any egg on face for fans who were happy to lose Hearts identity for success?

Nope.

More than happy to lose Heart for City to take over (Heart was going to go under anyway). All we need now is for the fans to stop making excuses and saying "oh but we were close" and start demanding they make us a powerhouse of Asia which they are more than capable of. 

I joined City caused it is something I can get passionate about. Love the colour and the new logo while respecting the history of the club but it is just that, history. I am not new to football, been following clubs overseas but have yet to decide which club to join locally. Been to a few Victory games but like Heart, the name alone does not resonate with me, despite the successes Victory had. And don't get me started with their fans! If I want success, I would have joined Victory, why bother with City who was at the bottom of the ladder last season? But now I can stand proud with other fellow City supporters and sing for our club, the club I can now say that I really love! I don't care who owns it. All I care is they do the right thing for the club. And of course I would cristicise CFG if they didn't. Did you took the trouble to find out who the owners were when you first joined Heart? I bet you didn't or never heard of the owners when you sign up with Heart.

And I don't expect success to come immediately. These things takes time but I am happy we have a foundation to build on and things are looking up.

Nope.

More than happy to lose Heart for City to take over (Heart was going to go under anyway). All we need now is for the fans to stop making excuses and saying "oh but we were close" and start demanding they make us a powerhouse of Asia which they are more than capable of.

I joined City caused it is something I can get passionate about. Love the colour and the new logo while respecting the history of the club but it is just that, history. I am not new to football, been following clubs overseas but have yet to decide which club to join locally. Been to a few Victory games but like Heart, the name alone does not resonate with me, despite the successes Victory had. And don't get me started with their fans! If I want success, I would have joined Victory, why bother with City who was at the bottom of the ladder last season? But now I can stand proud with other fellow City supporters and sing for our club, the club I can now say that I really love! I don't care who owns it. All I care is they do the right thing for the club. And of course I would cristicise CFG if they didn't. Did you took the trouble to find out who the owners were when you first joined Heart? I bet you didn't or never heard of the owners when you sign up with Heart.

And I don't expect success to come immediately. These things takes time but I am happy we have a foundation to build on and things are looking up.Lol. Two games into a season following a club owned by one of the wealthiest names in sport and you are a die hard willing to stick with it through the hard times.

Anyway. I have better things to do than keep worrying about this club. I am going out to enjoy the sun I would join you in the sun but apparently I'm too RED already

Nope.

I joined City caused it is something I can get passionate about. Love the colour and the new logo while respecting the history of the club but it is just that, history. I am not new to football, been following clubs overseas but have yet to decide which club to join locally. Been to a few Victory games but like Heart, the name alone does not resonate with me, despite the successes Victory had. And don't get me started with their fans! If I want success, I would have joined Victory, why bother with City who was at the bottom of the ladder last season? But now I can stand proud with other fellow City supporters and sing for our club, the club I can now say that I really love! I don't care who owns it. All I care is they do the right thing for the club. And of course I would cristicise CFG if they didn't. Did you took the trouble to find out who the owners were when you first joined Heart? I bet you didn't or never heard of the owners when you sign up with Heart.

And I don't expect success to come immediately. These things takes time but I am happy we have a foundation to build on and things are looking up.Lol. Two games into a season following a club owned by one of the wealthiest names in sport and you are a die hard willing to stick with it through the hard times.

Anyway. I have better things to do than keep worrying about this club. I am going out to enjoy the sun Lol. There is such thing as passion. Enjoy the sun, don't forget your sunnies!

Edited by raw10

come on lads lets stick together. success will come, not over night though

I don't expect success straight away. I expect an indication that things are going to change straight away though.

As I said in the off season, it all had a very similar feel. The start to the season has a very similar feel too.

Let's hope the rest of the season has a different feel.

I don't expect success straight away. I expect an indication that things are going to change straight away though.

As I said in the off season, it all had a very similar feel. The start to the season has a very similar feel too.

when have we ever brought in the quality of players such as Mooy, Duff, Villa, Paartalu, Koren all in the one off season/ when have our players had an opportunity as such to go training at Man citys training ground. When have we ever had 10,000 members 

I don't expect success straight away. I expect an indication that things are going to change straight away though.As I said in the off season, it all had a very similar feel. The start to the season has a very similar feel too.

when have we ever brought in the quality of players such as Mooy, Duff, Villa, Paartalu, Koren all in the one off season/ when have our players had an opportunity as such to go training at Man citys training ground. When have we ever had 10,000 members

I am talking about where it counts- on the pitch

• Like 1

I don't expect success straight away. I expect an indication that things are going to change straight away though.As I said in the off season, it all had a very similar feel. The start to the season has a very similar feel too.

Let's hope the rest of the season has a different feel. when have we ever brought in the quality of players such as Mooy, Duff, Villa, Paartalu, Koren all in the one off season/ when have our players had an opportunity as such to go training at Man citys training ground. When have we ever had 10,000 members

exactly and success on the field doesn't come over night, especially to any team that finished bottom last season. Hardly a disastrous start anyway, 2 draw 0 losses

Let's hope the rest of the season has a different feel. when have we ever brought in the quality of players such as Mooy, Duff, Villa, Paartalu, Koren all in the one off season/ when have our players had an opportunity as such to go training at Man citys training ground. When have we ever had 10,000 members

exactly and success on the field doesn't come over night, especially to any team that finished bottom last season. Hardly a disastrous start anyway, 2 draw 0 losses

I know that. I am saying that a lot of the traits that have been huge issues from the get go at heart are still here and do not appear to be being addressed.

So here we are, new season and no marquee in sight...

Koren out for 6

Villa going back...

and we have 2pts .... Yeap seems about right...

I really feel for us supporters, as much as they want to play this as a new club were not.. We have been starved for a glimps of success and this season has been building up to be the year we turn it around ... Well the only thing we can do is continue to support, what else can we do???

Unfortunately injuries are part of the game and you can never tell when they will happen

Koren isn't injury prone, just unlucky!

Is it unlucky for a player to aggravate an existing injury which had been identified by his club?

Looks more like a case of bad management by the coaching and medical staff and that's what really frustrates me.

I am talking about where it counts- on the pitch exactly and success on the field doesn't come over night, especially to any team that finished bottom last season. Hardly a disastrous start anyway, 2 draw 0 losses

I know that. I am saying that a lot of the traits that have been huge issues from the get go at heart are still here and do not appear to be being addressed.

And it will continue until Hoffman, Ramsay, Germano, Kalmar, Dugandzic, Williams and JVS are gone.

• Like 1

Robert "Germano" Koren. I think we need to relax, this has been a shitty 24 hours for us that's for sure, but it's alright! We've already proven that we can't win with a world class striker still in his prime, so why would an almost as classy midfielder make any difference? I'm not worried about Koren being injured because I'm already sure we'll lose anyway. Best solution to all of the problems with Villa, Koren, our 75% useless squad and our hapless manager is to simply drink so much during the game that you can't even read the scoreboard! That's the way we've done it since day 1! That's the Melbourne Heart way!

Edited by GreenSeater