Melbourne Football

Matchday 23: vs Wellington @ AAMI - Sunday 16th March - 4pm EDT

LR9

Garuccio's interceptions and tackle stats are high because every single time they attacked down that side he either dived in for a challenge or tried to win the ball in front of the attacker. In doing so, he got turned many times and then they were in behind instantly.

If he's going to be consistently successful at left back he's got to learn when to try and nick the ball in front of his man and when to just sit on the attacker and hold him up. You could tell it wasn't his natural position. Would like to see him play on the wing next week.

TBH I thought it was one of the more miserable Heart matches I have attended. I won't dwell on the kick-off time and crowd except to say that scheduling a match to compete with the F1 was an act of utter stupidity on the part of FFA and Foxtel. Not that I am surprised at that.

As far as I am concerned the statistics don't really reflect the match. For me the major difference between Heart and other teams is not the accuracy of passes and all those other numbers, but the sluggishness with which we move the ball through midfield. We might have a lot of shots on goal, but few of them are clear-cut chances and most of them are in a crowded penalty area simply because we have given the opposing defence plenty of time to get back there.

In contrast, sides like the Phoenix move the ball forward with pace and precision, and consequently they were able to catch our defensive line undermanned (despite being 10 v 11 for much of the time) and create clear-cut chances. Other than for a few smart saves from Redmayne we could have easily been 1-4 down by half-time.

I agree with the view that quite a few of our players looked as though they already know that they won't be around next season. Quite frankly, I'll be happy to see them go if yesterday is all that they can produce. Beats me how Phoenix can have a couple of new signings like Krishna and Timmins who make our more experienced players look like novices. And to see a couple of our players repeatedly pull out of tackles really pisses me off.

I also think that the past two matches have worn the gloss off the return of JvS. It took us a long while to break down a 10-man Victory, and it took a penalty for us to break down a 10-man Phoenix. The basic faults of Heart still remain and I don't think JvS is the man to take us forward from here.

Edited by jw1739

Agree with the comments about Garuccio above.

Except we have been trying to sharpen up our finishing since round one

I agree that goal-scoring is a weak part of the squad (probably the weakest part of the squad), which is why I said in the 2014/15 season thread that the first thing Man City should do for next season is bring in multiple proven goal-scorers (including, ideally, a international marquee striker IMO).

I was hoping that JVS would improve Heart's finishing enough, and to be sure Heart's finishing has improved (under JA Heart only scored 9 goals over 12 games this season, whereas under JVS Heart scored 9 goals over his first 6 games, and has scored 21 goals over all 11 games he's coached), but it hasn't improved enough IMO. The team needs to take way too many shots to score. As has been said in this thread, JVS is no miracle worker, and I think he's just about getting the best finishing out of Heart's 'goal-scorers' that they'll normally provide, which is why we really need to strengthen in the goal-scoring department for next season. As for what remains of this season, Williams, Ramsay, Dugandzic and maybe some others just have to show us what they can do in front of goal, as we're stuck relying on them for now.

I'm starting to think the issue with goal-scoring is to a large extent psychological for this Heart squad. For instance, very rarely do Heart's nominal goal-scorers (Williams, Dugandzic and Ramsay) score the first goal. But after a first goal has been scored and the pressure's off, then a lot of Heart players are much sharper in front of goal (some of the best examples are the game against Newcastle. We score a deflected goal to tie the match, then Dugandzic pops up and gets a brace. Even clearer examples are the Wellington game and the last derby, where Engelaar scored first and only then did the team score freely). Heart winning every game this season under JVS when the team has scored first, a total of 4 wins, further illustrates the point (BTW, Heart have won twice, drawn twice and only lost twice under JVS after falling behind. That's a revolution in mentality compared with how the team played under Aloisi).

So in short, I think Heart need more goal-scorers that can take the game 'by the scruff of the neck', be confident and score first. Heart needs more game-changers. That's why Migliorini is still Heart's 2nd highest goal-scorer this season (equal with Engelaar and Dugandzic), because Heart has too many nominal goal-scorers who aren't up to regularly scoring the first goal. Anyway, that's my opinion.

Edited by Murfy1

I also agree that the stats don't fully reflect yesterday's football match (stats rarely explain football matches on their own IMO. They always need to be interpreted).

I think we had enough clear cut chances yesterday to score enough goals to win (such chances included Dugandzic's 2 great chances, Williams 1 very good chance in the second half and his 1-on-1 with the keeper and Mauk's chance). That we didn't even score a proper goal from open play (1 goal from a corner, which was a deflected shot, and 1 pen) I think illustrates that Heart's finishing isn't good enough.

I fully agree that Heart doesn't counterattack fast enough and expose defenses before they have time to settle. Things have improved since the time of Aloisi (where despite Heart having some of the fastest players in the league, the team rarely countered at all), but not enough IMO.

But I think Heart should be able to break down crowded defences in the penalty area, especially if Heart has over 60% possession (and especially if Heart are playing against 10 men). Heart weren't unable to unlock the Wellington defence when they effectively parked the bus and had effectively all of their players defending on the edge of their box, and that was a key disappointment yesterday IMO. Faster passing was needed, but also smarter passes were needed to do so, and too often we weren't good enough to unlock Wellington's deep lying defence. I actually thought the best time that we did beat Wellington's deep defence was in the impressive quick passing play that led to Kewell getting fouled for the penalty. Unfortunately though Heart didn't show that much smarts often enough.

There's still 4 games left, so I'm going to wait until the end of the season before I pass final judgement on Heart personnel. I think many Heart players need to finish the season strongly if they are going to be around for next season.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 3

I also agree that the stats don't fully reflect yesterday's football match (stats rarely explain football matches on their own IMO. They always need to be interpreted).

I think we had enough clear cut chances yesterday to score enough goals to win (such chances included Dugandzic's 2 great chances, Williams 1 very good chance in the second half and his 1-on-1 with the keeper and Mauk's chance). That we didn't even score a proper goal from open play (1 goal from a corner, which was a deflected shot, and 1 pen) I think illustrates that Heart's finishing isn't good enough.

I fully agree that Heart doesn't counterattack fast enough and expose defenses before they have time to settle. Things have improved since the time of Aloisi (where despite Heart having some of the fastest players in the league, the team rarely countered at all), but not enough IMO.

But I think Heart should be able to break down crowded defences in the penalty area, especially if Heart has over 60% possession (and especially if Heart are playing against 10 men). Heart weren't unable to unlock the Wellington defence when they effectively parked the bus and had effectively all of their players defending on the edge of their box, and that was a key disappointment yesterday IMO. Faster passing was needed, but also smarter passes were needed to do so, and too often we weren't good enough to unlock Wellington's deep lying defence. I actually thought the best time that we did beat Wellington's deep defence was in the impressive quick passing play that led to Kewell getting fouled for the penalty. Unfortunately though Heart didn't show that much smarts often enough.

There's still 4 games left, so I'm going to wait until the end of the season before I pass final judgement on Heart personnel. I think many Heart players need to finish the season strongly if they are going to be around for next season.

Agree, its the same problem we've always had, team anxiety. You can see the players freeze up in their decision making and movement, the game stops looking like its fun for them. We get most anxious when we are successful, remember season 2 after a 5 game winning run when we were sitting second, we lost all the remaining games of the season. Of course under Aloisi we got anxious when we were ahead or behind, home or away. It isn't that the team becomes anxious, but there isn't any coherent plan to manage it, like all anxious groups the team looks for a leader to save it rather than the team taking collective responsibility.

• Like 1

remember season 2 after a 5 game winning run when we were sitting second, we lost all the remaining games of the season. 

I'm sure you meant we didn't win another game all season but the point remains the same. And we started that horrendous away form which really has only had one proper blip so and that being the Wellington game.

If you asked me today whether JVS should stay or go I would say go. If we play well the rest of the season and win both remaining Heart away games then I will consider he should be kept. If we don't win either away game and generally play averagely then sure, it's time for him to go. He's so much better than JA but his away record is abysmal and has been for a very long time now. 

Edited by Alexxandro

remember season 2 after a 5 game winning run when we were sitting second, we lost all the remaining games of the season. 

I'm sure you meant we didn't win another game all season but the point remains the same. And we started that horrendous away form which really has only had one proper blip so and that being the Wellington game.

If you asked me today whether JVS should stay or go I would say go. If we play well the rest of the season and win both remaining Heart away games then I will consider he should be kept. If we don't win either away game and generally play averagely then sure, it's time for him to go. He's so much better than JA but his away record is abysmal and has been for a very long time now

I disagree with this part about his away record. JVS picked up 17 points away from home in both his 1st season and his 2nd season at Heart. If anything, our problem then was that we didn't pick up enough points at home. As for this season, JVS' away record is: 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses (also noteworthy was the inter-state win in Albury).

Aloisi, in comparison picked up 4 points from away games for the entirety of last season, and 3 of those points came from a derby win at Etihad. Meanwhile this season Aloisi only picked up 1 solitary away point during the 12 games he was in charge.

Sure, Heart's away record did dip somewhat towards the end of Heart's 2nd season under JVS, but it is surely John Aloisi that truly owns Heart's horrific away record.

Edited by Murfy1

Am I the only one who's getting sick of reading stuff about people not liking swearing etc.in Yarraisde? One of things I love about the Yarraside is that I can say what i feel without having people call security on me like at the AFL. Obviously there are lines which you don't cross but if I think Glen Moss is a fuckwit then I'm going to call him a fuckwit, and if there's someone in earshot who doesn't like it then there's plenty of room in AAMI for them to stand/sit in. My biggest problem with AFL (don't get me wrong, I'm a rabid AFL fan) is that I can't even say something like 'that's bullshit' at a game without an entire row of people giving me dirty looks, that game is ridiculously sanitized now and I don't want to see Football go that way too. I follow the afl to footy as you do and i dont disagree with you and as you said there are lines which you shouldnt cross but please enlighten me to why you think glen moss is a fuckwit? Im pretty sure he's on the field doing his job like everyone else. So please go ahead and tell me to why you think hes a fuckwit and why theres a need to swear in this case? Yarraside swearing is nothing new. If people didn't want their kids near it they would stop choosing to sit in the southern end. I would also like to point out that you are absolutely clueless as to how much effort is required and goes in to running YS and this by people who are very time poor. I can guarantee I have spent more time in preparation for one single game (xmas derby) than you have spent at AAMI park watching heart this season. Your accusations are ridiculous and you should consider relocating to the north end. I never said the effort on game day was not good enough. But if you read my comment properly then you would know that i mentioned swering in front of kids and idiots taking glasses out of the imperial to the march to the ground. Your efforts on game day are thanked not by just myself but everyone else that enjoys the atmosphere. Have a good one :) Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who's getting sick of reading stuff about people not liking swearing etc.in Yarraisde? One of things I love about the Yarraside is that I can say what i feel without having people call security on me like at the AFL. Obviously there are lines which you don't cross but if I think Glen Moss is a fuckwit then I'm going to call him a fuckwit, and if there's someone in earshot who doesn't like it then there's plenty of room in AAMI for them to stand/sit in. My biggest problem with AFL (don't get me wrong, I'm a rabid AFL fan) is that I can't even say something like 'that's bullshit' at a game without an entire row of people giving me dirty looks, that game is ridiculously sanitized now and I don't want to see Football go that way too. I follow the afl to footy as you do and i dont disagree with you and as you said there are lines which you shouldnt cross but please enlighten me to why you think glen moss is a fuckwit? Im pretty sure he's on the field doing his job like everyone else. So please go ahead and tell me to why you think hes a fuckwit and why theres a need to swear in this case? Yarraside swearing is nothing new. If people didn't want their kids near it they would stop choosing to sit in the southern end. I would also like to point out that you are absolutely clueless as to how much effort is required and goes in to running YS and this by people who are very time poor. I can guarantee I have spent more time in preparation for one single game (xmas derby) than you have spent at AAMI park watching heart this season. Your accusations are ridiculous and you should consider relocating to the north end. I never said the effort on game day was not good enough. But if you read my comment properly then you would know that i mentioned swering in front of kids and idiots taking glasses out of the imperial to the march to the ground. Your efforts on game day are thanked not by just myself but everyone else that enjoys the atmosphere. Have a good one :) Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Get those quoting skills sorted, stat!

• Like 1

Probably the first time I have been disappointed with the team since watching them.

There wasn't really any co-ordination between defence and attack. The full backs were bombing forward leaving a 2 on 2 on quite a few occasions when attacks broke down which happened frequently.

I thought playing Williams wide was an error and Engelaar's last two performances have been really poor. Which has hurt you going forward.

Just hope you can reproduce the form you were showing 3 games ago.

I actually thought Krishna was really impressive which surprised me because I honestly thought he was just going to be another Benjamin Totori.

Don't rate the Nix's defence at all but when fit they probably have the best attacking contingent in the league and they could do some serious damage if they made the finals by season's end.

Edited by Nate

[quote name="belaguttman" post="166554" timestamp="1394958256"

Garruccio for Behich, great move JVS. For once we didn't concede a goal from the left side due to the LB

You obviously missed their second goal. Can't blame him too much though, he isn't a defender. Should be a lock at LW not LB...

• Like 3

If you asked me today whether JVS should stay or go I would say go. If we play well the rest of the season and win both remaining Heart away games then I will consider he should be kept. If we don't win either away game and generally play averagely then sure, it's time for him to go. He's so much better than JA but his away record is abysmal and has been for a very long time now

I disagree with this part about his away record. JVS picked up 17 points away from home in both his 1st season and his 2nd season at Heart. If anything, our problem then was that we didn't pick up enough points at home. As for this season, JVS' away record is: 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses (also noteworthy was the inter-state win in Albury).

Aloisi, in comparison picked up 4 points from away games for the entirety of last season, and 3 of those points came from a derby win at Etihad. Meanwhile this season Aloisi only picked up 1 solitary away point during the 12 games he was in charge.

Sure, Heart's away record did dip somewhat towards the end of Heart's 2nd season under JVS, but it is surely John Aloisi that truly owns Heart's horrific away record.

Since that 4-0 demolition of Sydney in december 2012 JVS has managed Heart in 11 away games for one win, 5 draws and 5 losses. Maybe it's not a big deal but I jwill feel unwell if we don't win another away game this year and we keep JVS. 

Since that 4-0 demolition of Sydney in december 2012 JVS has managed Heart in 11 away games for one win, 5 draws and 5 losses. Maybe it's not a big deal but I jwill feel unwell if we don't win another away game this year and we keep JVS. 

I don't think there is any point getting rid of the manager. He knows the league and from what I have seen does have the ability to change things in games. Those changes won't work every time, but they do mostly.

Would be much better to buy better players in a few key positions and then see what the manager can do.

• Like 2

A-League tactics: how Phoenix coped with 10 men

Ernie Merrick had to rethink after an early red card, and his decision to go on the offensive was a wise one

Kate Cohen

18 March 2014

Wellington Phoenix’s second goal in their 2-2 draw with Melbourne Heartwas as a result of manager Ernie Merrick’s bold decision. After being reduced to 10 men after 33 minutes, Merrick kept two players high up the pitch in order to counter attack and go for the win. As it was, the points were shared but Merrick’s decision resulted in an important goal for Tyler Boyd to put the Phoenix in front in the second half.

Starting the match in their familiar 4-4-2 diamond formation, Stein Huysegems was the player tasked with operating in between the lines. He was also responsible for occupying Jonatan Germano (Heart’s deepest midfielder) when the Phoenix did not have possession.

0a9ade0b-7ebd-4eb3-9b85-51ff0f412792-460

Wellington Phoenix's starting shape

This allowed Wellington to have players in advanced positions and they were dangerous on the counter attack in the early stages of the match – Krishna’s fifth minute goal was a demonstration of that.

However, when reduced to 10 men and the score at 1-1, Merrick had the dilemma of either sitting back and playing for a draw or keeping men forward to try and snatch a win. Since a draw would not have helped either side, Merrick decided to go for the win. Speaking post game, Merrick described the response to the red card, with the reward of three points at the forefront of his decision.

“We were determined to get the win as well,” Merrick said. “When we did go down to 10 men, I could have [changed to a] 4-4-1 but I didn’t. I went with a 4-3-2 and young Tyler [boyd] up front with Roy Krishna was causing a fair amount of problems and that is where the second goal came from.”

As Merrick stated, the response was to play with a 4-3-2 formation, with two forwards staying high up the pitch to create counter attacking opportunities. Huysegems in the ‘Number 10’ role was sacrificed which allowed Matthew Ridenton to take up a position in midfield.

25507c5c-dbf4-4c10-a664-565f58df466a-460

Wellington’s response to the red card

By leaving Krishna and Boyd forward, Wellington were able to threaten the fullbacks of Melbourne Heart. This was evident with Tyler Boyd’s goal in the 55th minute.

f1b5fbf9-0d1e-40c4-a616-2f9d20748f55-460

Wellington’s second goal, where the two forwards combined and exploited spaces behind the fullbacks on the counter attack

After picking the ball up in transition, Boyd was able to move inside the right-back Jason Hoffman. As he was doing this, Krishna pulled wide to open up space in behind Ben Garuccio at left-back. Boyd’s diagonal pass was inch perfect and allowed Krishna to have a 1 v 1 situation up against Garuccio on the edge of the box. Krishna was able to beat his man and put the ball into the box. Boyd, who had sprinted forward to get into the box was able to reach the parry from goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne and finish.

As it was, Heart equalised from the penalty spot and neither side was able to score a winning goal. Heart dominated possession after the sending off and created a number of chances but Wellington still had some threatening moments. The decision to leave two men high up the pitch was a bold decision by Merrick as Wellington looked to pinch all three points and whilst it did not fully pay off, it did result in the second goal.

Edited by Murfy1

No question that Merrick out-coached JvS on the day. The problem with our formation of having the two wing-backs so far upfield is that once one of them is beaten the opposition is in with a good scoring chance. And because we have two makeshift backs, and one centreback (RW) whose athleticism is questionable, the chances are increased.

Just had another look at the video. Wellington's second goal was not Garuccio's fault - it was absolutely shit defending by Wielaert. And how Germano can be credited with our first goal is beyond me - definitely belonged to Dugandzic.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

No question that Merrick out-coached JvS on the day. The problem with our formation of having the two wing-backs so far upfield is that once one of them is beaten the opposition is in with a good scoring chance. And because we have two makeshift backs, and one centreback (RW) whose athleticism is questionable, the chances are increased.

Just had another look at the video. Wellington's second goal was not Garuccio's fault - it was absolutely shit defending by Wielaert. And how Germano can be credited with our first goal is beyond me - definitely belonged to Dugandzic.

Yes I remember weilaert slamming the ground and his leg after that, he was absolutly disgusted

You're letting the players off very lightly by blaming JVS. The players need to make the right decisions in the right situations and shouldn't have to be micro-managed.

Also, I don't know how Garuccio isn't one of the main culprits for both goals. His positioning was woeful for the first goal. If he wasn't so up field him and Kisnorbo will prevent Krishna from scoring from a 1 man counterattack. And make no mistake, the fullbacks are to blame if they pick the wrong times to push really high up field to help with the attack.

Redmayne also is a main culprit for the first goal. He seemed to move his legs and feet out of the way and the ball literally went under him.

As for the second goal, if Garuccio was in line with the other defenders then Krishna is probably offside when the ball is played to him. As for Garuccio's defending when the ball reached Krishna, it was unimpressive. Garuccio too easily let Krishna go where he wanted to go, and he let him cross/shot the ball into the box way too easily.

Also Redmayne stuffed up with his effort to prevent the second goal. Krishna's cross/shot seemed to bounce off his knee or leg when Redmayne bent down to seemingly try and catch the ball (which he failed to do). It that situation the keeper should be least think safety first and knock the ball out for a corner. But instead the ball deflected off Redmayne in the one direction you don't want the ball to go, right across the danger area in front of goal. 

After those 2 significant failing efforts Wielaert then certaintly doesn't cover himself in glory, but the ball should never have got there in the first place.

I should be clear that I think Garuccio has tonnes of potential, but he is a winger, pure and simple. I think this match highlighted though that getting 2 good and proven fullbacks should be a high priority for next season.

And Redmayne really needs to lift his game. He's good for a few spectacular, reflexive saves, but his general keeping isn't good enough IMO, and he makes blunders too regularly.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 3

A couple of points.:

•  JVS is on record as saying he likes for only one wing back to attack in a move.  Thus if both are forward, he has either changed his approach, or, more likely, they were not following instructions.)
  • That 2nd goal (as I recall, watching live, from the other end) seemed quite "grabbable" by Redmayne, instead he parried it out so that Boyd could get it on the edge of the 6 yard box.  Never going to end well after that.  Redmayne takes it properly, attack OVER.
  • Like 1

Murf, I didn't blame JvS. I just said he was out-coached on the day by Merrick. Which I believe he was.  You're quite right that the players should not have to be micro-managed by our coach. But it appears that this mob does. Otherwise they would have won at least a couple of games under JA.

• Like 1

Murf, I didn't blame JvS. I just said he was out-coached on the day by Merrick. Which I believe he was.  You're quite right that the players should not have to be micro-managed by our coach. But it appears that this mob does. Otherwise they would have won at least a couple of games under JA.

Let's say that Sundays game had nothing to do with players inability to finish or anything to do with their motives or performance.

Tactically how was jvs out coached and what should he have done differently?

Members Function

Following this Sunday's match against the Mariners, we will be holding our final Post-Match Members Function for this season, so make sure you head around to Edwin's Cafe after the final whistle. We will be holding our usual Q&A with a player or coach, while the function will be a great opportunity for fans to mingle with their idols after the match! Don't forget that your membership card will guarantee you entry to the function.

This was in today's email. Is this a regular thing???? Never heard about this before, very confused.???????

How was JVS out coached? From my point of view and the way I see and read the game. 1st we should be aggressive in each and every game, being at the bottom there is no point trying to play beautiful football with players who may not be there next season.

2nd. Starting Kewell and Engelaar was not the right selection because neither player wins there own ball thus Mass had double the work load. With both Kewell and Engelaar playing, the midfield rotation is less, the Nix saw this and they came at us at will and in waves. even once they were down to 10 men.

3rd what JVS needs to do is play a back 3 and send the boys out to attack teams.. Like we did against the Victory.. Kewell in my opinion should be used as an impact player coming off the bench..

How we go from smashing the Nix 5-0 away to then draw 2-2 at home against 10 men in the space of a month is the reason why we are at the bottom of the ladder. For this reason I say JVS should not be given the top job next season... It's safe to assume that many current players won't be at our club next season but who we get as our coach/manager is the biggest decision the club owners will make..

Is JVS the best possible person for the job?

• Like 2

Members Function

Following this Sunday's match against the Mariners, we will be holding our final Post-Match Members Function for this season, so make sure you head around to Edwin's Cafe after the final whistle. We will be holding our usual Q&A with a player or coach, while the function will be a great opportunity for fans to mingle with their idols after the match! Don't forget that your membership card will guarantee you entry to the function.

This was in today's email. Is this a regular thing???? Never heard about this before, very confused.???????

Is Edwin's cafe the joint near the ticket sales where that old dude dj's outside pre game?

How was JVS out coached? From my point of view and the way I see and read the game. 1st we should be aggressive in each and every game, being at the bottom there is no point trying to play beautiful football with players who may not be there next season.

2nd. Starting Kewell and Engelaar was not the right selection because neither player wins there own ball thus Mass had double the work load. With both Kewell and Engelaar playing, the midfield rotation is less, the Nix saw this and they came at us at will and in waves. even once they were down to 10 men.

3rd what JVS needs to do is play a back 3 and send the boys out to attack teams.. Like we did against the Victory.. Kewell in my opinion should be used as an impact player coming off the bench..

How we go from smashing the Nix 5-0 away to then draw 2-2 at home against 10 men in the space of a month is the reason why we are at the bottom of the ladder. For this reason I say JVS should not be given the top job next season... It's safe to assume that many current players won't be at our club next season but who we get as our coach/manager is the biggest decision the club owners will make..

Is JVS the best possible person for the job?

You have a good point. FWIW there are many people here that wanted to see both OE and HK on the starting line up and they got their wish. Not a good result, mind you there may have been other factors but none the less not a good a result.

As I wrote in my earlier thread it was poor coaching from JVS. It was patently obvious to me sitting on the wing the only plan Merrick had was to try and expose our inexperienced LB and totally isolate him one vs one with a speedy winger. The Nix dropped very deep to lure us down the park but left Krishna high and very wide with The Gooch. The rest is history but if a mug like me can see it, I was surprised we fell into the trap so easily. They were trying to unlock the door multple times and we shouldnt have allowed it to happen. Really poor stuff.

Am I the only one who's getting sick of reading stuff about people not liking swearing etc.in Yarraisde? One of things I love about the Yarraside is that I can say what i feel without having people call security on me like at the AFL. Obviously there are lines which you don't cross but if I think Glen Moss is a fuckwit then I'm going to call him a fuckwit, and if there's someone in earshot who doesn't like it then there's plenty of room in AAMI for them to stand/sit in. My biggest problem with AFL (don't get me wrong, I'm a rabid AFL fan) is that I can't even say something like 'that's bullshit' at a game without an entire row of people giving me dirty looks, that game is ridiculously sanitized now and I don't want to see Football go that way too. I follow the afl to footy as you do and i dont disagree with you and as you said there are lines which you shouldnt cross but please enlighten me to why you think glen moss is a fuckwit? Im pretty sure he's on the field doing his job like everyone else. So please go ahead and tell me to why you think hes a fuckwit and why theres a need to swear in this case?

Yarraside swearing is nothing new. If people didn't want their kids near it they would stop choosing to sit in the southern end.

I would also like to point out that you are absolutely clueless as to how much effort is required and goes in to running YS and this by people who are very time poor. I can guarantee I have spent more time in preparation for one single game (xmas derby) than you have spent at AAMI park watching heart this season.

Your accusations are ridiculous and you should consider relocating to the north end.

Bullshit - I'm a full paying family member and I'll take MY kids any where I like. I like to think I'm a responsible parent (and passionate Heart fan), thus won't sit in or directly near active bay (with them).

More importantly, who are you to order me North??

Am I the only one who's getting sick of reading stuff about people not liking swearing etc.in Yarraisde? One of things I love about the Yarraside is that I can say what i feel without having people call security on me like at the AFL. Obviously there are lines which you don't cross but if I think Glen Moss is a fuckwit then I'm going to call him a fuckwit, and if there's someone in earshot who doesn't like it then there's plenty of room in AAMI for them to stand/sit in. My biggest problem with AFL (don't get me wrong, I'm a rabid AFL fan) is that I can't even say something like 'that's bullshit' at a game without an entire row of people giving me dirty looks, that game is ridiculously sanitized now and I don't want to see Football go that way too. I follow the afl to footy as you do and i dont disagree with you and as you said there are lines which you shouldnt cross but please enlighten me to why you think glen moss is a fuckwit? Im pretty sure he's on the field doing his job like everyone else. So please go ahead and tell me to why you think hes a fuckwit and why theres a need to swear in this case?

Yarraside swearing is nothing new. If people didn't want their kids near it they would stop choosing to sit in the southern end.

I would also like to point out that you are absolutely clueless as to how much effort is required and goes in to running YS and this by people who are very time poor. I can guarantee I have spent more time in preparation for one single game (xmas derby) than you have spent at AAMI park watching heart this season.

Your accusations are ridiculous and you should consider relocating to the north end. Bullshit - I'm a full paying family member and I'll take MY kids any where I like. I like to think I'm a responsible parent (and passionate Heart fan), thus won't sit in or directly near active bay (with them).

More importantly, who are you to order me North??

Learn to fucking read. Firstly I wasn't speaking to you. Secondly I said if people with kids didnt want to be near us they dont have to be. Thirdly I never demanded anyone relocate.

As I said in my previous post. YS is nothing new and the choice of whether people want their kids exposed to it is up to them. I also said that if so many people found it to be an issue they wouldnt continue to sit in the southern end. I did not say anywhere that families should sit in the North end.