Melbourne Football

Round 7 v Newcastle away 24th Nov

RedAndWhiteSoldier

Kewell outside chance for Heart return

21 November 2013

Harry Kewell, unsighted on a football pitch since the A-League's opening round, has resumed training for Melbourne Heart.

It was a welcome sight at Lakeside Stadiium for coach John Aloisi, who hasn't seen his side score for six-and-a-half hours and without a win since February.

Kewell was left out of an 18-man squad named to travel to Newcastle but will undergo a fitness test in the hope of making the trip for Sunday's match.

The Newcastle fixture comes midway through a three-game stretch deemed "really important" for the club by Heart chief executive Scott Munn.

The first of those was the poor 2-0 loss to Sydney FC, the third hosting Adelaide.

It's hard to escape the impression that without a victory in those three matches, Aloisi will be joining his injured players in the stands.

A goal would be a good place to start.

At the other end, goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne has been one of the busier glovemen in the league, and one of Heart's best performers.

He differed with coach Aloisi, who said in the wake of the Sydney loss that the pressure had gotten to his players.

"We are under pressure but I really don't think the boys are feeling it," Redmayne said.

"It's not all the coach's fault. We need to step it up."

Heart has two returning players cleared from injury – defender Patrick Kisnorbo and midfielder Andrea Migliorini.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1174043/Kewell-outside-chance-for-Heart-return

Edited by Murfy1

Kewell outside chance for Heart return

21 November 2013

Harry Kewell, unsighted on a football pitch since the A-League's opening round, has resumed training for Melbourne Heart.

It was a welcome sight at Lakeside Stadiium for coach John Aloisi, who hasn't seen his side score for six-and-a-half hours and without a win since February.

Kewell was left out of an 18-man squad named to travel to Newcastle but will undergo a fitness test in the hope of making the trip for Sunday's match.

The Newcastle fixture comes midway through a three-game stretch deemed "really important" for the club by Heart chief executive Scott Munn.

The first of those was the poor 2-0 loss to Sydney FC, the third hosting Adelaide.

It's hard to escape the impression that without a victory in those three matches, Aloisi will be joining his injured players in the stands.

A goal would be a good place to start.

At the other end, goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne has been one of the busier glovemen in the league, and one of Heart's best performers.

He differed with coach Aloisi, who said in the wake of the Sydney loss that the pressure had gotten to his players.

"We are under pressure but I really don't think the boys are feeling it," Redmayne said.

"It's not all the coach's fault. We need to step it up."

Heart has two returning players cleared from injury – defender Patrick Kisnorbo and midfielder Andrea Migliorini.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1174043/Kewell-outside-chance-for-Heart-return

Bollocks.

More spin about Captain Harry.

Retre's name doesn't appear in the "out" list on the club website http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Aloisi-names-18-for-trip-to-Hunter/78654, but then again I don't think he was listed for the last game either. Perhaps the club don't know him? For me, he was one of our better performers, composed with good distribution. Don't forget he is still young and unproven at this level. Looks to have a good future.

More spin about Captain Harry.

Retre's name doesn't appear in the "out" list on the club website http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Aloisi-names-18-for-trip-to-Hunter/78654, but then again I don't think he was listed for the last game either. Perhaps the club don't know him? For me, he was one of our better performers, composed with good distribution. Don't forget he is still young and unproven at this level. Looks to have a good future.

If Aloisi persists with the same old tactics and with out-of-form players in unsuitable positions then I see little hope for this game.

But on his head be it.

Absolute minimum requirement is one point from this one and three from Adelaide. Anything less and he has to go, because the season will be effectively over.

Im worried we might win this game which will lead to JA being allowed another 5 losses in a row before getting the sack.

Don't worry, jets will get 3 points in a close match 2:0

JA will see steady improvements, we wont .........

we will whine again and there will be few more aloisiout banners in 2 weeks at AAMI

• Like 1

Im worried we might win this game which will lead to JA being allowed another 5 losses in a row before getting the sack.

we will whine again and there will be few more aloisiout banners in 2 weeks at AAMI

I reckon we'll lose 3-1

Taggart and Burns will help Newcastle to a 2-0 when our players wake up and realise that there's only 13mins to go; Golgol will flick a header forward for Williams to run on to and actually peg one back and just as we get excited that we could potentially draw this game, GVE will put Heskey on with 7mins to go, scores and we lose 3-1.

After the game Aloisi will only talk about how it was great to get on the scoreboard, how the players played really positively in the last 13mins and how unlucky we were to concede the third goal in the dying stages since we got really close to salvaging a draw.

Edited by Red or Dead
  • Like 1

I reckon we'll lose 3-1

Taggart and Burns will help Newcastle to a 2-0 when our players wake up and realise that there's only 13mins to go; Golgol will flick a header forward for Williams to run on to and actually peg one back and just as we get excited that we could potentially draw this game, GVE will put Heskey on with 7mins to go, scores and we lose 3-1.

After the game Aloisi will only talk about how it was great to get on the scoreboard, how the players played really positively in the last 13mins and how unlucky we were to concede the third goal in the dying stages since we got really close to salvaging a draw.

and 'we created lots of chances' even though we realistically only had 2 shot attempts that flew way over the crossbar by Williams and/or Misfud.

I reckon we'll lose 3-1

and 'we created lots of chances' even though we realistically only had 2 shot attempts that flew way over the crossbar by Williams and/or Misfud.

I guess 'luck' just wasnt on our side...again... :unsure:

A few items you've missed...it's always hard to win up here in Newcastle, they fielded a strong side and were hard to break down, we held our structure well even after we went a goal down, I thought we deserved more out of this game, we'll soon have all our players coming back from injury, there are still 20 games left in the season so we can still make finals, we know that on our day we can beat any team in the competition, we're training well and I certainly would be worried if I wasn't seeing improvement every week, I'm really proud of my players and I couldn't have asked for more effort from them...and when so-and-so came on I thought he really made a difference.

Edit: Having written the above I looked at the transcript of JA's presser. Here are a few extracts...

"We know it’s going to be a tough game because Newcastle are a team that works very hard,” Aloisi said.

Aloisi said the team had enjoyed a week of positivity on the training track and his players were looking forward to the challenge on Sunday against a confident Jets side.

"The players themselves are very positive about us turning it around and we know that we are on the right track,” Aloisi said.

"This is making our group stronger. Once we get through this, then our group will be stronger for it.

“That's the belief of the players. The players have trained as hard as ever and they're committed.”

"We don't change too much drastically in terms of our shape or our structure,” Aloisi said.

“It’s more about improving and making sure that we still create other chances to score goals and we're focused on that, but also on our defensive shape and the players know we need to compete when we go to Newcastle because they are a team that works very hard.”

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

A few items you've missed...it's always hard to win up here in Newcastle, they fielded a strong side and were hard to break down, we held our structure well even after we went a goal down, I thought we deserved more out of this game, we'll soon have all our players coming back from injury, there are still 20 games left in the season so we can still make finals, we know that on our day we can beat any team in the competition, we're training well and I certainly would be worried if I wasn't seeing improvement every week, I'm really proud of my players and I couldn't have asked for more effort from them...and when so-and-so came on I thought he really made a difference.

Edit: Having written the above I looked at the transcript of JA's presser. Here are a few extracts...

"We know it’s going to be a tough game because Newcastle are a team that works very hard,” Aloisi said.

Aloisi said the team had enjoyed a week of positivity on the training track and his players were looking forward to the challenge on Sunday against a confident Jets side.

"The players themselves are very positive about us turning it around and we know that we are on the right track,” Aloisi said.

"This is making our group stronger. Once we get through this, then our group will be stronger for it.

“That's the belief of the players. The players have trained as hard as ever and they're committed.”

"We don't change too much drastically in terms of our shape or our structure,” Aloisi said.

“It’s more about improving and making sure that we still create other chances to score goals and we're focused on that, but also on our defensive shape and the players know we need to compete when we go to Newcastle because they are a team that works very hard.”

Can't disagree with JA really. I'm hoping we put this together and get the season back on track. The players would be absolutely gutted about the way the season has started and they'd be trying to give it 100%.

We can do it. We are not the shittiest team in the HAL. The Pissants tonight managed to self destruct against 10 men Tards. Win tomorrow and then take AU apart next home game and we're on our way.

We have to if we're going to save the season.

Kalmar and Garuccio played for the Youth team today, so they're the two that didn't make the cut.

Aloisi showing once again that he has little imagination or desire to shake things up a bit, making it hard to see where goals are going to come from.

Least excited I've been for a Heart game since I can remember, I too have no idea where the goals are going to come from.

It's sad but I agree. I just love this club and have such a passion for it but right now I just am not fussed.

The club have made bad decision after bad decision and keep making it so difficult to gain respect. Tomorrow of course I want to win, but a loss wouldn't a) surprise me and B) faze me. Would mean the pressure piles on Alosi and the board.

• Like 1

I have never not watched a heart game, but there was a patch where I became pretty disinterested and bored. But since the sydney game I have found that I am really excited to find out what happens next. Its either going to be an incredible turn around or shit is going to go absolutely pear shaped. Either way its going to be way more interesting than the dull mundane crap we have had to put up of late.

Based on past form, for Heart to win this one, we would need to score and win 1 nil with the last action of the game. Any sooner and we would panic and be over-run. If the Jets score 1st, forget about it... A nil nil draw would be a lucky result and I reckon JA would take it ....which probably means that we will see the same old same old...

Please prove me wrong Heart FC

Anyone else noticed how quiet the forum is at the moment?? Normally you log on after 24 hours and have a bit of catching up to do. Now it takes a minute or two. Fark, there is such an air of gloom around this club it's really quite sad. If our most passionate supporters can't be arsed then it's a bloody big worry. We better turn this around soon - or at least the club needs to do something bold. Hopefully we can break the duck today, but I've got a bad feeling. Would love to be shocked today. Big win or big sacking. But Christ, someone do something!!

There is an air of negativity around the place, which is sadly quite justified.

The club has an increasingly frustrated fanbase throwing themselves at the club ATM in support, but more than ever this next month in the clubs history could be its most important. If things don't change by Christmas, whether that means #aloisiout, or a change in form, or a noticeable change in the standards the club sets, then all these people who are so keen to see the club succeed will drop off.

The club asks for us to believe, but ATM it's more like blind faith and there's only so long that is sustainable.

• Like 2

Obviously we need to win.

Facing desperate straits and no job prospects, I'd hope that the gaffer would throw caution to the wind with the selections.  I'd like to see the following:

• Kisnorbo in for Gerhardt,
  • Miglorini in for Retre
  • Mauk in for Kalmar
  • + seriously consider Ramsay in for Mifsud (Ramsay to lw, Williams to striker)

Walker obviously lucky to survive, but no obvious replacement and too many changes already to plonk a kid in from the youth team.