Melbourne Football

Round 7 v Newcastle away 24th Nov

RedAndWhiteSoldier

"Van Egmond began his coaching career with success as youth coach of Northern Spirit FC before he won the state-league grand final on his return to Manly-Warringah as head coach in 1999. He then joined Newcastle Breakers as the Assistant Coach in 2001. After Round 7 of season 2006–07, the Jets were last and winless, so existing coach Nick Theodorakopoulos was replaced by Van Egmond.

Van Egmond turned the Jets season around, making him very popular within the Newcastle community. With a 0–3–4 record for the first 7 games, Van Egmond helped the Jets to a 8–3–3 record for the final 14, securing the Jets a place in the A-League finals and cementing his job at the club for the 2007–08 season.

In the 2007–08 season Van Egmond guided the Newcastle Jets to second place on the league table and then to the A-League Championship. Van Egmond was signed to coach the Newcastle Jets until the end of the 2012/13 A-League season. However at the end of the 2008/09 season he left the club and accepted a position at the Australian Institute of Sport. On 5 September 2012 it was announced he had signed a one year contract extension keeping him at the club until 2013–14 A-League season."

Some people are absolute clowns seriously. Has an excellent coaching history in Australia.

Edited by n i k o

GVE is a good manager, Newcastle's squad just lacks a little depth all across the park. 

I predicted them to finish 10th pre-season but seeing as though that'll probably be us instead, never mind that. If we're going to win an away game this season then Newcastle would be the team to do it against but I'm predicting a 2-0 Jets win, Taggart to tear us to bits.

GVE is a good manager, Newcastle's squad just lacks a little depth all across the park. 

I predicted them to finish 10th pre-season but seeing as though that'll probably be us instead, never mind that. If we're going to win an away game this season then Newcastle would be the team to do it against but I'm predicting a 2-0 Jets win, Taggart to tear us to bits.

Won't surprise me at all. Taggart is currently in Socceroos' striker form and I expect Ange will now be watching his progress.

Won't surprise me at all. Taggart is currently in Socceroos' striker form and I expect Ange will now be watching his progress.

He was very good at the East Asian qualifers, irrespective of the quality of opposition.

Definitely a chance of making the 23.

Jaliens going full retard. They haven't got much in defensive depth but won't need it with the toothless shit we dish up.

Some experienced International CBs doing some retarded the past fortnight with Jaliens, Contreras, Wieleart and Thiago costing their teams dearly..

JA to rescue his career in our biggest win ever.

A change in formation will showcase his superior managerial skills.

Redmayne

Gerhardt Wielaert

Murdocca Kalmar Retre

Mebrahtu Dugandzic Mifsud Williams Ramsay

Heart FC 7-2.

Your medication is definitely not working any more.

Must triple the dose my friend !!

• Like 1