Melbourne Football

Round 7 v Newcastle away 24th Nov

RedAndWhiteSoldier

Anyone else noticed how quiet the forum is at the moment?? Normally you log on after 24 hours and have a bit of catching up to do. Now it takes a minute or two. Fark, there is such an air of gloom around this club it's really quite sad. If our most passionate supporters can't be arsed then it's a bloody big worry. We better turn this around soon - or at least the club needs to do something bold. Hopefully we can break the duck today, but I've got a bad feeling. Would love to be shocked today. Big win or big sacking. But Christ, someone do something!!

Also look at the twitter activity of Munn and Didulica. Almost nil. Justifiable air of despondency around everyone I would say. Everyone knows what has to happen, but the Board is dragging its feet.

Anyone else noticed how quiet the forum is at the moment?? Normally you log on after 24 hours and have a bit of catching up to do. Now it takes a minute or two. Fark, there is such an air of gloom around this club it's really quite sad. If our most passionate supporters can't be arsed then it's a bloody big worry. We better turn this around soon - or at least the club needs to do something bold. Hopefully we can break the duck today, but I've got a bad feeling. Would love to be shocked today. Big win or big sacking. But Christ, someone do something!!

Also look at the twitter activity of Munn and Didulica. Almost nil. Justifiable air of despondency around everyone I would say. Everyone knows what has to happen, but the Board is dragging its feet.

The problem here is, it will be half way for the season before any changes start to bear fruit. 2 poor seasons from a club as young as ours without a visible blue print of where we are going is a recipe for disaster. But our supporters are great - they still support.

Come on Heart.

• Like 1

The problem here is, it will be half way for the season before any changes start to bear fruit. 2 poor seasons from a club as young as ours without a visible blue print of where we are going is a recipe for disaster. But our supporters are great - they still support.

Come on Heart.

You're quite right Peter. There's always going to be a rebuilding period. But surely no-one can say anything but that we are at at absolute rock-bottom at the moment, so we might as well start that re-building process now. I've been thinking about it this morning and coming to the conclusion that maybe it's much more than just a new head coach that's required. Adelaide put in a poor one yesterday, but clubs such as CCM, Sydney and Wellington were all able to fight it out their games right to the very end, showing they've got a spirit and resolve that I don't see in Heart this season. There are issues more than just JA.

Edited by jw1739

Pulling Misfud is crazy talk. 

He has just returned from international duty though from pretty far away.

I would like to see us start with:

Redmayne

Walker    Kisnorbo    Wielaert    Behich

Migliorini     Murdocca

Dugandzic       Mauk       Ramsay

Williams

(I would prefer Retre instead of Migliorini if he was named in the squad).

Mifsud to come on in the second half and play as a second striker alongside Williams or Mebrahtu so he doesn't have to do it all himself and has another option to pass around with.

Sick of Williams playing as a number 10 despite the man putting him there saying he isn't one. Back Mauk in, worst case scenario is he doesn't have an impact and we make the above change.

Edited by The Aardvark

well then...

Redmayne, Wielaert, Gerhardt, Kisnorbo, Behich,

Migliorini Murdocca, Williams Duganzic

Ramsay Mebrahtu

thats just the names btw

well now here is the 'likely' formation just from twitter.

Redders

Gerhardt Wielaert Kisnorbo Behich

Murdocca Willo Migliorini

Duga Mebrahtu Ramsay

Bench: tando, iffy miffy, mauk, walker, retre

Edited by Dylan

5 minutes into the game and Williams fails when gifted the easiest of opportunities inside the box.  Set Piece whipped in by Ramsey to the back post, ball gets headed back across the six yard box for an open Williams, hits it at the keeper with 3/4 of the goal open.

10 times easier than Mifsud last week where the ball came from in behind and Mifsud had to pivot and volley with not much of sight on the goal (given angle of the incoming ball, etc).

just hope the Mifsud haters get onto this ...

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

5 minutes into the game and Williams fails when gifted the easiest of opportunities inside the box.  Set Piece whipped in by Ramsey to the back post, ball gets headed back across the six yard box for an open Williams, hits it at the keeper with 3/4 of the goal open.

10 times easier than Mifsud last week where the ball came from in behind and Mifsud had to pivot and volley with not much of sight on the goal (given angle of the incoming ball, etc).

Shut up.

Shut up.

really, nothing else of note ...

not really the time or place for it, just find it interesting that there seems to be a strong disproportionate attention by some on this forum given to some players about their lack of scoring.