Melbourne Football

Andrew Redmayne

Murfy1

I don't think that he had a bad game, however his cumulative inconsistency means that I never have any confidence in his ability to stop the ball, when he is playing well I'm even more concerned that there's a brain snap just around the corner. I accept that this is my problem and it will take time to change however what I'd really like to see from him is to save even 1 penalty in his career.

• Like 1

Agree that Velaphi now deserves a run.

Remayne's saves and decision-making are ordinary. And perhaps more annoying IMO is his distribution/passing. I saw Redmayne kick so many long balls in the derby (in particular in the 2nd half), when there were options to pass shorter. And I saw Velaphi do a lot better passing in pre-season, so at least in that aspect the team should significantly lift. 

At the end of the day I don't think much is lost or gained by playing one keeper over the other (as the quality of both is unspectacular), but things should be mixed up now (why persist with the same players?), and Velaphi should get a run.

Edited by Murfy1

Velaphi didn't offer much more in pre season. When he played against Pascoe Vale he took out a player outside of the box which he would of got a red for in a competitive match.

enough's enough though, start giving others a chance, make these players earn their spot back, it's time the club stopped accepting shit and started making hard decisions for us to go forward

I am really starting to think I've joined the wrong club. Did not enjoy yesterday at any time as I always thought we were going to be run over. I took two overseas football fanatics to the derby. Their main comment was "your goalkeeper is not very good". They worked that out in less than one game. How the hell can JVS and the club not see it?

Oh, and what was their other comment about? You guessed it...... poor defending.

A lot of people on here have been worried about us "leaking" goals. I am currently building an arc because I can see a flood coming. As others have said the more we change the more nothing has changed.

I am really starting to think I've joined the wrong club. Did not enjoy yesterday at any time as I always thought we were going to be run over. I took two overseas football fanatics to the derby. Their main comment was "your goalkeeper is not very good". They worked that out in less than one game. How the hell can JVS and the club not see it?

Oh, and what was their other comment about? You guessed it...... poor defending.

A lot of people on here have been worried about us "leaking" goals. I am currently building an arc because I can see a flood coming. As others have said the more we change the more nothing has changed.

Hope you stay so you say you were there for thr bad times. We have cut a few from last year. Not enough. We need to get defenders. Proper defenders. Until then. We will leak. Ramsey LB is a no no. Newcastle scored from that and so did victory. You can almost bank on every team knowing this is our weakness and will exploit it.

I think redders is shit but tonight wasnt his fault.

first goal: off side

second goal: decent save after ramsay went full retard, then shitty tap in.

thrid goal: deflection outside box maybe could of done better but they are tough to keep out.

fourth goal: penalty went the right way, if it wasnt such a good pen would of saved it.

fifth goal: dont see to many keepers around the world getting the ball out of the strikers feet when 1 on 1.

all in all we copped five goals which does make redders look bad (which he is) but tonight was not at all his fault so i dont think its tando time just yet but that could change next week. The big problem with redders is that he doesnt pull off the big saves like galekovic, covic and coe do but neither will tando.

also what the fuck happeded to alistair bray i thought he was ment to be good?

• Like 2

thrid goal: deflection outside box maybe could of done better but they are tough to keep out.

fourth goal: penalty went the right way, if it wasnt such a good pen would of saved it.

fifth goal: dont see to many keepers around the world getting the ball out of the strikers feet when 1 on 1.

all in all we copped five goals which does make redders look bad (which he is) but tonight was not at all his fault so i dont think its tando time just yet but that could change next week. The big problem with redders is that he doesnt pull off the big saves like galekovic, covic and coe do but neither will tando.

Agree here. Watching the replay, there wasn't anything he could do with the third goal as he was already diving to his left. Did look retarded flapping his feet at it, but couldn't do anything else.

The fifth goal however - he should have just taken the prick out and broken his legs. Would have been a win/win for everyone.

• Like 1

Just read this on Veaphis Wikipedia page.... Not sure how to feel

Tando revealed in January 2010 that his long-term ambition is to leave Australia and play regular football in Europe, in the hopes of securing a place on Australia's 2014 World Cup roster.[8]

At least he has ambitions... Redmayne is content with being a shit cunt

We appear to have let him go. Marko Stevanja, Yaren Sozer and (replacement player) Lajos Oliviera are the three youth team 'keepers.

Remayne's saves and decision-making are ordinary. And perhaps more annoying IMO is his distribution/passing. I saw Redmayne kick so many long balls in the derby (in particular in the 2nd half), when there were options to pass shorter. And I saw Velaphi do a lot better passing in pre-season, so at least in that aspect the team should significantly lift. 

At the end of the day I don't think much is lost or gained by playing one keeper over the other (as the quality of both is unspectacular), but things should be mixed up now (why persist with the same players?), and Velaphi should get a run.

The other important thing Redmayne doesn't do is that he doesn't command his area. Compare him to someone like Covic, would any opponent be frightened of Redmayne or worry about taking him on in the box?

To me the big difference between the two is I have seen Redders play so many games now at a standard that is simply not acceptable (he is probably worse than even Reddy or Moss) in just about every area (distribution, shot stopping, command of area) without any sign that he's actually improving, whereas Velaphi is more unknown and I feel he at least has potential to make the grade.  

I know that we ain't anywhere in the league of Cloughie, but what was the first thing he did when he went to a club

1st , signed John McGovern, who was the consummate professional

2nd, signed the best Goal Keeper he could

When he took over Derby County in the early 70's he almost broke the bank to get Peter Shilton from Leicester

Like wise when he took over Forest, both those sides were successful

If you are going to rebuild the club, the spine of the team is all important.

we have half decent CB's and i think Mooy is up to it ( as is Paartaluu when he gets fit) but our GK and CF are severely lacking

The only time I have been to a training session, redders passing and kicking were spot on. Yet on game day he can spray that ball anywhere. His positioning wasn't right and, and... Yes its time for Tando but not because I expect better results its just that Redders has to pay the price for unacceptable performance. And yes, Ramsay and Hoffman should also be dropped. But I do like the idea of promoting the youth keeper - at least that gives me hope and even he concedes a baker's dozen, I can at least say that the kid will be better off for the experience and can only improve.

We didn't bother upgrading on Redmayne, Hoffman, Ramsey, Dugandzic and Williams (and instead gave them contract extensions).

I think there is an inferiority complex mentality at the club.

Only Williams and Hoffman were given contract extensions. The other three were already under contract for this season and as we no know terminating their contract counts under the salary cap. The good news is that Redders, Dugandzic and Ramsey all complete their contracts at season's end. I have a little bit of optimism that these three players will not be offered new ones as on current form they do not merit another contract by City.

Some suggestion in this report today that Bray is still apart of the Melbourne City 'youth set-up':

"Then you've got a player like Alistair Bray, our goalkeeper, who is in the youth set-up at Melbourne City. He wants to go further with his career and this is a great chance for him to show what he can do."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/10/29/bentleigh-greens-relishing-defining-ffa-cup-moment?cid=trending

There seems to be a larger group of youth players that are apart and/or affiliated with the Melbourne City youth team, but aren't actually in the Melbourne City youth team. For instance, I'm not sure Hernan Espindola was fully in the NYL team last season and I believe he was primarily in a NPLV team then, but now he's officially back in the NYL team this season. It could even be the case that Melbourne City loans out some youth players to NPLV teams for a season. And perhaps that's the case with Bray, and he'll rejoin the Melbourne City set-up after he's done with Bentleigh.