Melbourne Football

Andrew Redmayne

Murfy1

So you're saying both our GK's are getting the chop? Particularly if Tando loses form.

Both were named by my source.

I would be worried if this was not the case...

Sometimes I feel like its easiest to recall MHFC seasons by what type of player we missed most that ultimately lead to our demise:

Season One: A decent manager

Season Two:  A decent manager

Season Three:  A decent manager

Season Four:  A decent manager

Season Five:  A decent manager

Fixed that one for you mate.  :up:

So you're saying both our GK's are getting the chop? Particularly if Tando loses form.

Both were named by my source.

I would be worried if this was not the case...

Sometimes I feel like its easiest to recall MHFC seasons by what type of player we missed most that ultimately lead to our demise:

Season One: A Number 10. (We had to play a seasoned Number 9 their most of the time.)

Season Two: A Center Half (The best part of the Season was clearly when either Hamill or Good could play alongside Madaschi).

Season Three: This is probably the hardest to define but our greatest need was a proper DM with the departure of Shroj and Paddy G having to play as a CB.

Season Four: Again another hard one due to our shitness but the presence of Misfud would probably point towards a Number 9 being our biggest issue at the time.

Season Five: A Keeper.

Sheesh, I thought that I was the only one who saw the value of Shroj

he did all the unseen stuff, the dirty work, the tidying up, the blatant foul when required , he reminded me a bit of myself in my playing days, especially the blatant foul, as that was the only way I could stop an opposing player

• Like 1

Both were named by my source. Considering Tando's a bit of a journeyman n Redders is at his 2nd club, do you think we'd be looking for someone outside of the A-League?

redders 3rd club, (ccm and roar i think)

.....and the answer to my question was.........

Both were named by my source. Considering Tando's a bit of a journeyman n Redders is at his 2nd club, do you think we'd be looking for someone outside of the A-League? redders 3rd club, (ccm and roar i think)

.....and the answer to my question was.........

i'm not JD so i have no idea, we'll probly just sign more midfielders 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

12 months ago Redders was a fan favourite. I thought the chant for Tando after the WSW goal was poor form from supporters. Redmayne's form has not been super for quite a while now, but he is still there and did alright for most of todays match.

I hope he gets back to top form.

• Like 2

12 months ago Redders was a fan favourite. I thought the chant for Tando after the WSW goal was poor form from supporters. Redmayne's form has not been super for quite a while now, but he is still there and did alright for most of todays match.

Opinions differ, don't they. In contrast, I thought he put in possibly the worst performance I've ever seen from him. His confidence has clearly gone, and he just does not control and dominate his area. Contrast Covic.

• Like 1

Opinions differ, don't they. In contrast, I thought he put in possibly the worst performance I've ever seen from him. His confidence has clearly gone, and he just does not control and dominate his area. Contrast Covic.

I did say "alright" and not well. And as it stands we only have two experienced A-League goal keepers.

I agree about his confidence. I told one of my sons about Jim Leighton before he was dropped at Man Utd. Redder's had that look about him today.

He's had his chance he failed. If he wishes to be regarded as starting keeper then he needs to produce faultless performances. He hasn't kept a clean sheet for a very long time. The only reason he didn't concede more tonight was due more to Wanderers lacking any cutting edge going forward from open play and sheer luck from set pieces. He will need to really work hard and if he gets another opportunity makes sure he dominates rather than looking like a second rate keeper just filling in.

I have to have a look at it on the replay but was the goal really redmaynes fault? Surely the ball shouldn't get through the defense that easily without someone intercepting it.

Niko, the ball didn't go though the defence at all. As it came in Redmayne moved to his right, anticipating that someone might get a touch. A fatal move, because he then couldn't reach the ball as it curled past him.

12 months ago Redders was a fan favourite. I thought the chant for Tando after the WSW goal was poor form from supporters. Redmayne's form has not been super for quite a while now, but he is still there and did alright for most of todays match.

I felt he did well most of the match because other then the goal west Sydney did not produce many opportunities. Imo that is.

12 months ago Redders was a fan favourite. I thought the chant for Tando after the WSW goal was poor form from supporters. Redmayne's form has not been super for quite a while now, but he is still there and did alright for most of todays match.

I felt he did well most of the match because other then the goal west Sydney did not produce many opportunities. Imo that is.

nearly created a chance for wsw when a long ball came down, cb shielded it calling for redmayne to come get it but wouldn't come off his line till the last second. no confidence in him at all

The early goal conceded was disappointing. It was the only ‘shot’ that WSW had in the 1st half. I’d say it was a rather clear goalkeeping error, as Redmayne took multiple steps in the wrong direction after the shot was taken and vacated a position where he could have caught that freekick. Also, the ball didn’t travel through a forest of players, with it actually travelling nowhere near a player getting on the end of it. And then Redmayne seemed to dive late (from his new bad position) to try and keep it out. Real disappointing keeping IMO, especially given the very limited workload Redmayne had in the 1st half (and over the whole game). I hope Velaphi gets his starting spot back, and he deserves it. Velaphi’s out of contract at the end of the season, and he deserves a chance to stake a claim to one spot on the playing roster.

• Like 2