Melbourne Football

Andrew Redmayne

Murfy1

This is what I posted on Monday morning, spoke to a senior assistant who was scouting an NPL match on Sat where my brother in law was playing under 20's.

With Germano they gave him two options, one was go find another club and two if you don't find another club before season starts you can stick around and sign a short term injury replacement contract to cover Melling (because his injury hasn't gone to plan) when we start the season one VISA spot will be left available, just in case they pick up someone els mid year from over seas. They same goes for Kennedy, the only difference with him is, they left it up to him so when he gets back from his family holiday he will let the club know if his staying or going.

Germano, Hoff, Williams and Redders told to look for clubs otherwise they will be nothing but bench players. (Unless we have big injuries and the are needed.)

We have signed a few players which he was very happy with, all that was told was a new keeper and striker. He didn't want to say to much with them, he just said wait for announcements.

• Like 1

This is what I posted on Monday morning, spoke to a senior assistant who was scouting an NPL match on Sat where my brother in law was playing under 20's.

With Germano they gave him two options, one was go find another club and two if you don't find another club before season starts you can stick around and sign a short term injury replacement contract to cover Melling (because his injury hasn't gone to plan) when we start the season one VISA spot will be left available, just in case they pick up someone els mid year from over seas. They same goes for Kennedy, the only difference with him is, they left it up to him so when he gets back from his family holiday he will let the club know if his staying or going.

Germano, Hoff, Williams and Redders told to look for clubs otherwise they will be nothing but bench players. (Unless we have big injuries and the are needed.)

We have signed a few players which he was very happy with, all that was told was a new keeper and striker. He didn't want to say to much with them, he just said wait for announcements.

Going to be honest and say i hope he sticks around as an injury replacement and keeps fit because this bloke is quality at A League standards and would possibly win a place for that 5th international spot. If so, that means he can then file for Aust Citizenship.

Sorry but this bloke can place either in the middle or at LB/RB and is a work horse. If he stays fit, id take him with no hesitation

• Like 2

Well he should be sacked for divulging the information!

DO we really need people in senior positions leaking information like this? We have to remember that we are talking about the careers of players here. Clearly the guy has no scruples and should go and work with a more like-minded club like the Victards.

• Like 2

DO we really need people in senior positions leaking information like this? We have to remember that we are talking about the careers of players here. Clearly the guy has no scruples and should go and work with a more like-minded club like the Victards.

Hear what you're saying.....

...... but really?

DO we really need people in senior positions leaking information like this? We have to remember that we are talking about the careers of players here. Clearly the guy has no scruples and should go and work with a more like-minded club like the Victards. Hear what you're saying.....

...... but really?

The club reads this forum. There wouldn't be many scouts at NPL matches. If what Mr. Potato here has said is all true the club will know exactly who the scout who leaked it to him is and probably won't be doing it again.

Gotta learn to keep your sources anonymous Mr. Potato.

• Like 1

Don't understand what he has done wrong...? He told me about the clubs pre season matches. He told me about a player who isn't in contract (Germano)

When I asked him if we had signed players he just said yes, I then had to ask striker? keeper? ect.. He wouldn't tell me names.

With the Reders, Hoff, willo ( contracted players) he just said again not naming players...

But if a player who is in contract isn't a first choice anymore (and you don't need to be smart to work out which players are not wanted) they will be given the option to stay and get paid to see out the contract while they train, but are told to look elsewhere for first team football.

I then went on to ask names eg. Is Redder's one of those players? and he said look I can't tell you names just wait until they are announced.

I then told him I see Harry Novillo posted on his Twitter that he has signed, and he said yes that was great news Harry signing on for two years.

Then I asked him I heard Koren is leaving and he said no Koren is not leaving.

Then I asked him about JK leaving, and he said we've left it up to him to decide what he wants to do.

Then he told me Georgevski rumors were rubbish.

I asked more questions about Gamerio Mclarren ect. But he said sorry mate your just going to have to wait and see.

When I asked him about our new keeper, I said I heard we have signed a new expirenced keeper from England and he just smiled and said maybe.

He hasn't said anything he wasn't meant to, it's how you ask the questions to get the best out of him.

When someone on a forum gives you information they've heard, not from a friends cousins brothers wife's Greek construction worker, you just say thanks and be happy.

At the end of the day if this guy isn't meant to be giving this info out, that's not my problem.

Well he should be sacked for divulging the information!DO we really need people in senior positions leaking information like this? We have to remember that we are talking about the careers of players here. Clearly the guy has no scruples and should go and work with a more like-minded club like the Victards.

To put it nicely, who gives a fuck. That's up to the club to sort out. And anyway with the club being tight lipped it's good to have some rumours to keep us slightly more sane during this long offseason.

People complain that the club tell us nothing. Finally we get info from someone supposedly who works for the club.

Can't please everyone

I got the distinct impression it was 1 step closer than his dad.

Unless he was getting on a plane back to Perth before each post, I doubt it.

I always wanted to know if Sam was actually in on it. A young bloke living away from home, he could have just been calling his family regularly and keeping them up to date with everything, and then it's being posted on here without him knowing. But it seems unlikely that he didn't know.

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see what happens with Redmayne at West Sydney. Whether he will be number 1 and how he goes. It's pretty clear that players have a tendency to lose their ability once they come into contact with JVS, but I would think it wouldn't affect a keeper anywhere near as much as an outfield player.

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see what happens with Redmayne at West Sydney. Whether he will be number 1 and how he goes. It's pretty clear that players have a tendency to lose their ability once they come into contact with JVS, but I would think it wouldn't affect a keeper anywhere near as much as an outfield player.

Indeed.

Don't think you can blame JVS for this one though, he was deteriorating under Aloisi too. If a coach is to blame its Joey Nepotism.

WSW clearly think spider can get more out of him & get him back on track.

I think he was right to leave. Another year at heart like he was travelling and NPL clubs wouldn't touch him.

Edited by Shahanga

It's Thursday, it's good news.

Redders in quotes

"’m looking forward to getting to Sydney and settling in, developing my game further and taking it to the next level under Spider (Zeljko Kalac) who was a big draw card in coming to the Club."

But in 2009 Spider says about Schwarzer http://www.goal.com/en/news/808/australia/2009/03/13/1152773/australia-no1-mark-schwarzer-slams-former-rival-zeljko-kalac

“Schwarzie's always been a great keeper, no doubt about that,” Kalac said. “But if you look at it, he's always played his best when he's not under pressure."

So much LOLz after re-watching the Croatia game of 2006.

It's Thursday, it's good news.

Redders in quotes

"’m looking forward to getting to Sydney and settling in, developing my game further and taking it to the next level under Spider (Zeljko Kalac) who was a big draw card in coming to the Club."

But in 2009 Spider says about Schwarzer http://www.goal.com/en/news/808/australia/2009/03/13/1152773/australia-no1-mark-schwarzer-slams-former-rival-zeljko-kalac

“Schwarzie's always been a great keeper, no doubt about that,” Kalac said. “But if you look at it, he's always played his best when he's not under pressure."

So much LOLz after re-watching the Croatia game of 2006.

Spider in his playing days seemed to always be recalling how he was preferred over Schwarzer as an U10 or something.  If you are hanging on to that, you don't have much.

Always talked it up, but I never saw anything (not that I saw him much) to say he was even in the Schwarz's league.

Edited by Shahanga

Watched a replay of the game this morning on Fox. What also hurt was Graham Poll's refereeing

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/jun/23/worldcup2006.sport19

Dukes should have got a penalty after Simunic was all over him in the box in the opening minutes of the game.

How about the strange finish.  "An unnamed left footed striker" smashes the ball into the goal and then the ref says, oh no goal, "I'd already blown the full time whistle", which was, at best, shall we say, far from obvious. (afterwards though the ridiculous 3 yellows got all the attention and they forgot about this)

I remember it well as apart from the excitement/euphoria, a mate of mine had money on us TO WIN.  That sort of thing certainly gets you thinking.  It annoyed the hell out of me how keyboard warriors would later say (till 2010) "but we've only ever won 1 game at a world cup".