Melbourne Football

Iain Ramsay

Tesla

I don't really follow other teams close enough to form strong opinions on their players, but did adelaide supporters think the same thing of him? I could be wrong but he seemed to do quite well in Adelaide from what I could tell.

A lot of them were quite happy to get rid of him from what I recall. A couple people were upset because he was relatively young and had 'potential.'

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really follow other teams close enough to form strong opinions on their players, but did adelaide supporters think the same thing of him? I could be wrong but he seemed to do quite well in Adelaide from what I could tell.

At the time they werent disappointed he left, dont think he was a regular starter from memory. 

Pure comedy gold that this squid didn't take up the opportunity to play for the Phillipines because he hopes to represent Australia. Wouldn't get a run in the Paralympics.

In fairness to him, it's the Philippines. He' probably wouldn't feel any particular pride playing for that national side and it certainly wouldn't be much of an honour for him to be selected.

A bit different, but:

Iain Ramsay Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ2V7k8qq40

I vaguely remember Ramsay smashing a chested-down effort from outside the box into the crossbar as well, when he was at Adelaide.

He's actually got a fair bit in him. It's just always been a matter of showing it consistently, and (like with Mate) it might help if he was moved into his natural position of winger, which means that we need to move another player into the LB position. 

• Like 1

Didn't know Ramsey had this in him 

Saw that exact same play today in real life, but his shot didn't go in!

Pretty spooky if he had scored it in real life aye? K-aram92 the psychic!

Twilight zone moment.

Edited by Mika

Wasted at LB cos idiot manager happy playing players out of position so not Ramsays fault

wasted anywhere on the pitch!

when he came over last season from Adelaide, I had high hopes that he was going to be a good player for us

It took about half a season to see why Adelaide let him go

I know that he had to endure JA's coaching, but a quality player will show class, sorry but Rambo has not been a success at all

Wasted at LB cos idiot manager happy playing players out of position so not Ramsays fault

Agree. I'm not a fan of Ramsay, but he certainly doesn't deserve the flak that he gets on here. He never was nor never will be a left-back because he's not a defensively-minded player. He's just the fall guy because we have a manager who has failed to sign a balanced squad.

There are others in our squad who play in their favoured positions but who rarely deliver to their potential and they deserve far more flak than Ramsay.