Melbourne Football

Iain Ramsay

Tesla

10487469_677763255630570_235645732347785

THB Do you remember the guy on the far left? He played locally 86 and 87. 

Vlada Stosic played at Footscray JUST 86 & 87 if that's what you're referring too.

Yeah just wandering if you saw him play then.

Wasn't born ahah, my dad was a big fan and i picked up on it

Vlada Stosic played at Footscray JUST 86 & 87 if that's what you're referring too.

Him Oscar Crino, Zoran Nikotovic, Vlado Bozinovski and Warren Spink ripped it up for a season, I was just getting into the game at the time, its been misery ever since, every team I followed.  

• Like 1

I think we should play Ramsay a bit more up the field on Friday night, try and get him to play into some form. He is having trouble adjusting to life as a back and maybe moving him up forward on the wings, with his pace, could cause some trouble for the opposing defenders. 

Last year playing as winger he wasn't that great. He'd either cross it in which would go out about 99% of the time or he'd cut inside and not shoot with his right foot when there was a completely open goal if did. One of the most one footed players I have ever seen. 

I think we should play Ramsay a bit more up the field on Friday night, try and get him to play into some form. He is having trouble adjusting to life as a back and maybe moving him up forward on the wings, with his pace, could cause some trouble for the opposing defenders. 

Last year playing as winger he wasn't that great. He'd either cross it in which would go out about 99% of the time or he'd cut inside and not shoot with his right foot when there was a completely open goal if did. One of the most one footed players I have ever seen. 

That is true but he was better then what he is now...which is probably saying something about his form. 

Sack this cunt and don't even let him sign for a state 5 team here in vic. Banish him from the country and he can go play local football in Balkans where the poor cunt will still be shit.

Lol at the ignoranceAre you a massive fan of local Balkan football? No, but I am a fan of undisputed talent Edited by n i k o

Wonder if our fathers ever crossed past in the 80's. Have heard some cracking stories about the Knights-JUST, United-Yugal games back then.

• Like 2

This bloke has no idea how to tackle. Just corrals and retreats. Totally useless as a left back, and still shit as a winger.

Some say Ramsay is still corralling Barberouses to this day...

This. It's ok to corral someone like Barbarouses as he would just skip past you if you dive at him anyway. 

But to also retreat at the same time just allowed him to run directly into the line/box without any pressure on him what so ever.

Watching Ramsay brings back horrible memories for me. His professional career has mimicked my sunday league football career to the letter. Always played left wing or second striker on the usual virtue of being the only left footed player and having a bit of pace, would score goals but couldn't cross for shit. Several hamstring  and groin tears later and the resultant lack of pace saw me moved into left back where my complete lack of any ability to tackle or position myself properly was exposed regularly and more often than not saw me just fouling whatever cocky young dickhead the opposition would inevitably have playing right wing before he'd have a chance to skin me again.

I feel your pain Ramsay but gtfo! 

• Like 2

Watching Ramsay brings back horrible memories for me. His professional career has mimicked my sunday league football career to the letter. Always played left wing or second striker on the usual virtue of being the only left footed player and having a bit of pace, would score goals but couldn't cross for shit. Several hamstring and groin tears later and the resultant lack of pace saw me moved into left back where my complete lack of any ability to tackle or position myself properly was exposed regularly and more often than not saw me just fouling whatever cocky young dickhead the opposition would inevitably have playing right wing before he'd have a chance to skin me again.

I feel your pain Ramsay but gtfo!

Sign perthheart ffs!!!

• Like 1

This bloke has no idea how to tackle. Just corrals and retreats. Totally useless as a left back, and still shit as a winger.

Some say Ramsay is still corralling Barberouses to this day...

You forgot to add "falls over" to "corrals and retreats".

Edited by Pete Heartspur

After some extensive scouting that'd put JD to shame I've decided our new left back will be Makan Traore. After not watching any YouTube clips or doing any research I reached the conclusion the last French speaking bloke named Traore who played left back was pretty good, so this guy is potentially a superstar.

... but what about Sokan?

Watching Ramsay brings back horrible memories for me. His professional career has mimicked my sunday league football career to the letter. Always played left wing or second striker on the usual virtue of being the only left footed player and having a bit of pace, would score goals but couldn't cross for shit. Several hamstring and groin tears later and the resultant lack of pace saw me moved into left back where my complete lack of any ability to tackle or position myself properly was exposed regularly and more often than not saw me just fouling whatever cocky young dickhead the opposition would inevitably have playing right wing before he'd have a chance to skin me again.

I feel your pain Ramsay but gtfo! [/qquote

I was more like muscunt. But only because I was slow and shit

• 2 weeks later...

He was shit today.  Absolute shit.

How many times did he let Nathan Burns run rings around him?

We pay good money to watch him play like shit.

And he gets paid for doing so!

How much longer do we start players week after week after week and they play crap week after week?

Edited by Parrot

At the end of the day, as bad as he is, he's not the one picking himself as a LB.

He infuriates me too, but I'd rather direct my anger at his performances to the manager who consistently picks him for a position which he clearly isn't able play in.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 2

It's such a shame to see him wasting away in a role he clearly isn't comfortable playing and it's an indictment on JVS's recurring man-management issues.

Anyone who saw Ian play for Sydney's NYL side saw a confident, adventurous player who sought to take shots. What a difference the management makes on a young player's prospects - Steve O'Connor would be shuddering!

• Like 2

It's such a shame to see him wasting away in a role he clearly isn't comfortable playing and it's an indictment on JVS's recurring man-management issues.

Anyone who saw Ian play for Sydney's NYL side saw a confident, adventurous player who sought to take shots. What a difference the management makes on a young player's prospects - Steve O'Connor would be shuddering!

+1
  • Like 1

Out of likes. Agree wholeheardedly. IMO this forum should lay off Iain Ramsay - he's a victim of what's going on at City, not the cause of it. The losing culture and the persistent playing of players out of their preferred positions is not attributable to him. The rot may have spread to the players, but I don't believe it started there.

• Like 3

Out of likes. Agree wholeheardedly. IMO this forum should lay off Iain Ramsay - he's a victim of what's going on at City, not the cause of it. The losing culture and the persistent playing of players out of their preferred positions is not attributable to him. The rot may have spread to the players, but I don't believe it started there.

Agree, it isn't about him personally. Aloisi signed him as a LB but if we hadn't unexpectedly got Aziz back we would have discovered his inability to play in this position last season. The problems are twofold, not only are we persisting in playing a player out of position for which he is unsuited and unable to play at the required level, but we have also not recruited a depth player for this position and so have to persist in playing him there or Garuccio who is also no left back.

Agree, it isn't about him personally. Aloisi signed him as a LB but if we hadn't unexpectedly got Aziz back we would have discovered his inability to play in this position last season. The problems are twofold, not only are we persisting in playing a player out of position for which he is unsuited and unable to play at the required level, but we have also not recruited a depth player for this position and so have to persist in playing him there or Garuccio who is also no left back.

I guess it is unfair to judge him when played out of position. But he was fucking shocking at Lw last season. Even by our low standards. Quite easily the worse player bar mifsud. Just not up to a-league standard