Melbourne Football

Iain Ramsay

Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

There was one passage he picked up the ball with a lot of space and did some step over then decided to cut in and then doubled back to where he just came and ended losing the ball pathetically. Seriously who plays left in the youth team, must be better until Duff is right.

There was one passage he picked up the ball with a lot of space and did some step over then decided to cut in and then doubled back to where he just came and ended losing the ball pathetically. Seriously who plays left in the youth team, must be better until Duff is right.

Luke Gallo is the youth team Left Winger I think he looked pretty good in the FFA Cup with Bentleigh.

Ramsay probably had his best game of the year, had some good moments, BUT that chance at about 39 minutes - edge of the 6 yard box and he puts it out for a throw in.  OK the angle was narrowish, but a pro hits the target every time and a class player scores.  

He's quick, he's got talent, but he does stuff like this all the time.

Did anyone else see the hard work he did in the first half

Probably not, how many attacks did Barbar and Geria ? Have down the right?

Not many.

Rambo was tracking back and protecting Garrucio, which is more than the help he got when he was LB

That said, he had very ordinary moments on attack

• Like 2

Not many.

Rambo was tracking back and protecting Garrucio, which is more than the help he got when he was LB

Yep, well said.

Has become a scapegoat, but I do believe he has been unfairly potted for his game last night.

He was solid and was prepared to help out.

I thought he played his part.

Furthermore there were two occasions when he ran up the left flank with Geria on his inside and he was looking to cross but no one was there to give him support. I think that if anyone had to look at the game clinically (and I certainly hope that the coaching staff do) you will find that all players screwed up at one point or another. Ramsay was no different in that regard but he troubled Geria several times and Barbarousses was by and large ineffective - and he is the kind of player that cannot be contained for the full game.

Not many.

Yeah, agree. I really like Garuccio and think he needs to be persisted with, at least until we get some natural FBs, but he's getting a lot  support from further up the field. And that's just fine with me, as long as it continues.

IMO Ramsay is copping stick unfairly.

It's really unfair to be picking on his faults time and time again.

Our forwards have hardly covered themselves with goal-scoring glory in recent weeks. The last time one of our forwards scored from open play was against Central Coast on 16th November (Dugandzic). Since then the scorers have been Paartalu (3), Williams (pen), and Mooy (pen).

Paartalu is actually our leading scorer (3). Followed by Dugandzic (2), Villa(2), Williams (2 incl 1 pen), Wielaert (1), Hoffman (1), Kisnorbo (1), Marino (1) and Mooy (1 pen).

IMO Ramsay is copping stick unfairly.

It's really unfair to be picking on his faults time and time again.

Our forwards have hardly covered themselves with goal-scoring glory in recent weeks. The last time one of our forwards scored from open play was against Central Coast on 16th November (Dugandzic). Since then the scorers have been Paartalu (3), Williams (pen), and Mooy (pen).

Paartalu is actually our leading scorer (3). Followed by Dugandzic (2), Villa(2), Williams (2 incl 1 pen), Wielaert (1), Hoffman (1), Kisnorbo (1), Marino (1) and Mooy (1 pen).

Yeah, it's a fair point. We just don't look that dangerous in open play, moments like the Mooy shot last night notwithstanding. Maybe with Duff and Koren playing a greater role and definitely with Kennedy about to come in, that will change. But there is a bit of a feeling (with me at least) that I'm sort of only 75% interested when we have the ball in the attacking third, until we earn a set piece, then it's like 'Here's a chance'. Shouldn't be like that.

My only real beef with Ramsay, now that he's on the wing, is his complete absence whatsoever of a right foot. That mid-air kung fu shot in the first half would have been our best goal since Engelaar's 50-yarder if it had gone in. Wouldn't have an issue with an unchanged lineup for Perth and it will be interesting to see who sits out if Koren does come into the first XI.

• Like 1

Did he have a good game? Maybe.

Is he good ebough to ppay for a league winning team? NO

Pretty much this.

Supposedly we're going to sign another player or 2 in January if you believe what JVS has been telling us. Most likely it'll be a LB, and that'll push garrucio up to LW meaning their is just no more room in this team for Ramsey. Unless people on here think Ramsey is better then Garrucio?

• Like 2

Not many.

Agree with this.

Ramsay provided a lot of good pressure and hustle last night.

As for his finishing, this was pretty much his first start in a forward position this season. Ramsay will get more confident and finish better after a bit more game time in a forward position.

Right now Ramsay is pretty much like our forwards, Williams and Dugandzic: they are providing impressive hustle and defence, but their goal production could improve. 

So I don't think Ramsay deserves to be criticised more than Williams, Brown and the like, as he is being.

Edited by Murfy1

Did he have a good game? Maybe.

Is he good ebough to ppay for a league winning team? NO

Pretty much this.

Supposedly we're going to sign another player or 2 in January if you believe what JVS has been telling us. Most likely it'll be a LB, and that'll push garrucio up to LW meaning their is just no more room in this team for Ramsey. Unless people on here think Ramsey is better then Garrucio?

I'll say that Garrucio and Ramsay are on par form wise. The advantage that Garucio has is that he is younger and therefore has more potential. So far Garuccio has had one good game prior to last Saturday's derby and so has Ramsay (after all Garuccio has not been able to displace Ramsay from LB the only position available). And if we were to be fair we would leave the Garuccio/Ramsay combo in place this week and see how they go.

Thought he was alright actually. Put in more tackles playing on the wing than he did collectively over 9 weeks playing at left back.

Obviously not as good as Duff, but I was just glad to see the wingers playing on their correct sides for once. Hope JVS persists with it once Duffman is back. Would be happy to see Rambo off the bench to run at tired defenders.

I'm done with Ramsay. Finally done after this arvo. I can only laugh at him now.

The players warm-up before the game where they gather in a circle, stutter-step a bit then turn around and present themselves for a pass or header. Good warm up.

In the (approx) 83rd minute this arvo, a throw-in we had and I saw Rambo do this exact drill. I fuckin nearly died. The ball wasn't thrown to him, and forgive me for laying the shit on him, but jeez, I nearly split my sides.

And for the other step-over, fancy bullshit he tried to pull off today, I'm over him, he just makes me laugh. I can't believe he played a full match today.

• Like 2

I'm done with Ramsay. Finally done after this arvo. I can only laugh at him now.

The players warm-up before the game where they gather in a circle, stutter-step a bit then turn around and present themselves for a pass or header. Good warm up.

In the (approx) 83rd minute this arvo, a throw-in we had and I saw Rambo do this exact drill.

I'd say that is why they do the drill...

hmmmm like last week, I actually think he was ok today, especially as the game wore on.

Thought his confidence grew and was involved in some good linking work with Mooy, Koren and Garuccio at times.

Sure he continues to throw in some real shit along with the good stuff, but his wing looked far more dangerous than the other one today.

oh and I saw that drill move as well and thought wtf....

In the (approx) 83rd minute this arvo, a throw-in we had and I saw Rambo do this exact drill.

I'd say that is why they do the drill...

For Ramsay to be a decoy, yep. I've never seen another of our players do that before. Rambo was on something today, the bloke is fucked.

He tries, but this doesn't make up for his limited ability.

He was very ordinary as usual.

His ambitions on the pitch far exceeds his limitations, such as trying to take on some players and go past them with the ball - problem is these players are quicker than him plus alert to what he is trying to do and so Ramsay loses possession.

Edited by Parrot