Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

7 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

So he is basically at a level comparable to having a kick about with his dad?

Depends on how good his Dad is. 

To be fair he's been signed by Dandenong City. A NPL2 side so to say that it's 8 tier is a bit of a stretch but it's definitely semi pro.

He had a chance at Adelaide and had a few games and ultimately it's his own lack of development that has seen him drop down the levels. 

At one point though he was a star on the rise.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jovan said:

Depends on how good his Dad is. 

To be fair he's been signed by Dandenong City. A NPL2 side so to say that it's 8 tier is a bit of a stretch but it's definitely semi pro.

He had a chance at Adelaide and had a few games and ultimately it's his own lack of development that has seen him drop down the levels. 

At one point though he was a star on the rise.  

He was undone by injuries and a shit attitude. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

Novillo isn't getting any starts for Manisa and is out of favour with the fans and club

Very sad to see what's happening to Harry. He could have rebuilt his career with us, but let himself down both on the field and off it. Very sad indeed, but he has only himself to blame.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Very sad to see what's happening to Harry. He could have rebuilt his career with us, but let himself down both on the field and off it. Very sad indeed, but he has only himself to blame.

They are always sad to watch in football.  Talent to burn, talent most of us ordinary mortals would beg for, and thrown away because of their own demons.  We had one at Walsall called Ishmel Demontagnac, one of the best players you'd ever see when it all came together, but a thoroughly troubled and often dangerous human being.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Redders on his way to Sydney

1392340738917.jpg

With the league table and form going around for each club, I seriously don't know how to react to this announcement for the sole reason that I can't believe Redders will be any where near a league title before we are.

Or a grand final start for that fact.

I'm just waiting for him to start the granny, have the game of his life and be MOM for saving three pens during the shootout. Really taking the piss then.

Edit; I don't mean to sound to have it in for the guy, he always was nice to chat with at the end of games and I always felt he gave his best.

It's more that the "best" while with us quality wise was questionable

Edited by mattyh001

9 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

With the league table and form going around for each club, I seriously don't know how to react to this announcement for the sole reason that I can't believe Redders will be any where near a league title before we are.

Or a grand final start for that fact.

I'm just waiting for him to start the granny, have the game of his life and be MOM for saving three pens during the shootout. Really taking the piss then.

Edit; I don't mean to sound to have it in for the guy, he always was nice to chat with at the end of games and I always felt he gave his best.

It's more that the "best" while with us quality wise was questionable

Didn't he start the grand final last season?

He also was a part of the winning brisbane roar side.

2 hours ago, eric forman said:

Didn't he start the grand final last season?

He also was a part of the winning brisbane roar side.

Point taken, had forgotten WSW made it last season

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Redmayne has won two Hyundai A-League titles, a Premier’s Plate and played in last year’s Grand Final. We keep our visa goalkeeper who has a mere 101 caps for Denmark on the bench.

Couldn't agree more

6 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

how the mighty have fallen

Not really, that's the club Milligan plays for and apparently they get offers from Europe for him often but dont want to sell. Novillo is probably getting paid good money as well.

Actually not a bad move considering everything.

• 2 weeks later...

this was in the story regarding  Gui Amor's future at Adelaide

Eric Paartalu — a former Brisbane Roar and Melbourne City — is being presented to the Reds as a potential signing after he was reportedly released by Qatari club Al Kharaitiyat.

He can stay a club for long , tells you something

Went and watched Dandenong Thunder v Dandenong City last night. Featured Colosimo, Kalmar and Dugandzic. 

Sad to see Dugandzic's fall from grace continue, bar one nice free kick that should've been headed home, he was anonymous. Easily muscled off the ball and unable to beat his man 1v1, he was the first player subbed. 

Kalmar looked good, great 1st touch and a lot of nice passes, but didn't have the players around him to make the most of it. 

Colosimo didn't have much to do but did it well, lots of nice 30 yard passes out of defence to build attacks with Roddy Vargas winning everything in the air.

Star of the show was Brandon Barnes, guy is a freak. His first touch is better than 90% of the guys in the A-League and he has so much composure when he gets the ball inside the box. Adelaide United could do a lot worse than this bloke in their search for goals.

• Like 4