Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Dugandzic has signed for Dandenong City

I must have missed it - what happened to him at Adelaide? Was he cut from the squad? This is the guy that van 't Schip tempted across from Victory, and I reckon he's gone downhill steadily ever since.

Just now, jw1739 said:

I must have missed it - what happened to him at Adelaide? Was he cut from the squad? This is the guy that van 't Schip tempted across from Victory, and I reckon he's gone downhill steadily ever since.

He was only signed for one season at Adelaide and they didnt renew his contract which isnt all that surprising imo. 

I agree. Has been going downhill steadily since coming to us.

Heres the article if you want it

http://www.cornerflag.com.au/dandenong-city-score-dugandzic-coup/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

He was only signed for one season at Adelaide and they didnt renew his contract which isnt all that surprising imo. 

I agree. Has been going downhill steadily since coming to us.

Heres the article if you want it

http://www.cornerflag.com.au/dandenong-city-score-dugandzic-coup/

I think he did well in his first season with us. Imo the catalyst for his career going down hill was his injury.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, malloy said:

I think he did well in his first season with us. Imo the catalyst for his career going down hill was his injury.

For sure. Wasnt having a go at him. His first season for us he had some cracking games but never really managed to reach his full potential. 

Yeah, I forgot about his moon boot season. Never really recovered

19 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

For sure. Wasnt having a go at him. His first season for us he had some cracking games but never really managed to reach his full potential. 

Yeah, I forgot about his moon boot season. Never really recovered

I was more getting at that his decline cant be completely blamed on JVS. 

WILLIAMS BACKS CITY TO SHINE
By John Davidson Oct 21 2016 12:23AM

David Williams believes his former club Melbourne City has the squad to go all the way this season and claim the A-League title.

Williams left City in January for Hungarian club Haladas. The striker played more than 100 games for the Melbourne side from 2011 to 2016.

City have knocked off Wellington and Victory in the first two rounds and are equal top of the A-League table with Sydney FC, on six points. Their squad has been boosted by the arrival of Tim Cahill, Michael Jakobsen, Neil Kilkenny, Bruce Kamau and Fernando Brandan

"It's been quite exciting, some very good goals so far and some interesting matches," Williams told FourFourTwo.

"I'm definitely keeping my eye on it, just out of curiosity and no other reason than I enjoy football. I definitely City has a very good chance this season. I think City was tipped to win it last year, or something like that, and fell short.

"Things can change so quickly in the A-League... anything can happen. I found it promising for City but it will be very tough towards the end of the season. But I think they have a good chance."

Williams may be playing in Europe now but still keeps a keen interest in the A-League.

"One thing I look back at City, it's sad to see there's not many players that are really still there, even from a year and a half ago," he said.

"But that's football sometimes and I know the club have got goals, they want to achieve things and have big expectations.

"They're starting on a different route. I do follow them, I was there from the start of City. I've watched the first two rounds, because I do miss watching the games and I like to watch friends and old players I've played against. I like to keep tabs on that."

The 28-year old has become a regular with Haladas after his move halfway through last season. He has bagged four goals in 12 games since his arrival.

Williams said it was an easy decision in the end to leave Melbourne City.

"It was very, very easy," the former Socceroo admitted.

"It was good timing to leave so I was more than happy for it. I wasn't willing just to take anything, I did have to think about it. But once there was a decision then it wasn't hard to leave Melbourne.

"I just felt like my football career was getting a bit stale in Australia. Getting out of my comfort zone and coming here was, I think, ideal."

9 hours ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

Good to see he's kicked on after the start in the game we gave him.  Could make it In Europe one day, even play for Barcelona- yes he is that good!

Overrated in my opinion. Will do well in the US as it's not much of a step up on the A-League, if at all. I can see him making it to the EPL one day (at one of the lower table clubs) but to speak of him playing for Barcelona one day is laughable.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, JrodMac92 said:

Patrick Gerhardt is apparently in talk to sign with Melbourne Knights for the 2017 NPL Season

http://www.starweekly.com.au/sports/knights-rally-new-troops/?platform=hootsuite

Must want his digs back at Northcote Plaza... who would not want to live where its permanently 1997 and there is one of Melbourne's last CD Stores at your disposal.

On Dugandzic, as I only just realised he signed for a tier 8 team, I honestly think he was close to the best player in the league for about 1/3 of a season with us.

JVS strikes again (and yes, injuries too, but thats not relevant to my bagging-JVS interests).

Edited by Tesla

10 minutes ago, Tesla said:

On Dugandzic, as I only just realised he signed for a tier 8 team, I honestly think he was close to the best player in the league for about 1/3 of a season with us.

JVS strikes again (and yes, injuries too, but thats not relevant to my bagging-JVS interests).

tier 8? isn't that at the point where you have to pay to play?