Melbourne Football

Matchday 14: v Brisbane - Saturday 11th January 5 pm at Suncorp Stadium

Harrison

Melbourne City FC squad: 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Javier CABRERA, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 19.Lachlan WALES, 20.Adrian LUNA, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 30.Moudi NAJJAR, 36.Kerrin STOKES, 38.Yaya DUKULY 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 40.Richard WINDBICHLER, 46.Joe GAUCI (gk), 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI
**2-3 to be omitted**

Ins: 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES (promoted), 36.Kerrin STOKES (promoted), 38.Yaya DUKULY (promoted)

Outs: 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE (suspended)

Unavailable: 1.Tom GLOVER (gk) (international duty),17.Denis GENREAU (international duty), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (international duty), 34.Connor METCALFE (international duty)

41 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Stokes is a newy. Any info?

Kerrin Stokes is a Scholarship Player. A CB (thought he was a LB but might be better suited centrally) who we picked up from the NPLSA club Croydon. Just turned 17 but very talented and has represented Australia for the Joeys. 

Edited by Harrison

Wales is in doubt apparently with the ankle injury he picked up. If he doesn't come up our options on the wing are pretty thin with Najjarine not here and the unlikely option that Cabrera will play. 

Possibly Atkinson gets moved up and Galloway plays, not sure what are other options are 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neio said:

Wales is in doubt apparently with the ankle injury he picked up. If he doesn't come up our options on the wing are pretty thin with Najjarine not here and the unlikely option that Cabrera will play. 

Possibly Atkinson gets moved up and Galloway plays, not sure what are other options are 

Team News article says Wales and Windbichler should be right. But I think you’re correct, Atkinson has played a bit there so probably moves up the wing for Galloway. Might be a bit of a risk to start one of the kids but I think they all play on the wing. 

1 hour ago, neio said:

Deserved a penalty for that! I’d play Atkinson for sure

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harrison said:

Melbourne City FC squad: 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Javier CABRERA, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 19.Lachlan WALES, 20.Adrian LUNA, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 30.Moudi NAJJAR, 36.Kerrin STOKES, 38.Yaya DUKULY 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 40.Richard WINDBICHLER, 46.Joe GAUCI (gk), 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI
**2-3 to be omitted**

Ins: 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES (promoted), 36.Kerrin STOKES (promoted), 38.Yaya DUKULY (promoted) Marco ROJAS (new signing)

Unavailable: 1.Tom GLOVER (gk) (international duty),17.Denis GENREAU (international duty), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (international duty), 34.Connor METCALFE (international duty)

4 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

Wherever you took that from, or even if you're playing silly buggers by adding in Rojas'name, the club web-site makes no mention of him now.

**2-3 to be omitted**

Ins: 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES (promoted), 36.Kerrin STOKES (promoted), 38.Yaya DUKULY (promoted)

12 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Was he the young lad who played in defence in one of the pre season games? If so, I recall he looked very solid. 

28 minutes ago, moops said:

I thought that was Mitchel Graham.

Stokes' signing announcement was 9th September.

Bugger, just when we need Richard he goes down. Griffiths will likely play in defence and Brillante in midfield. If they play long we need to press them even higher, which means we need a quicker midfield. We’d also need some height down back to help compete in the air (Griffiths) but also some pace (Brillante) to play the high line. Tricky. Regardless, we’re short of senior players now so they both will play.

Unless Stokes comes in. Doubt it though.

Brilliante will play Central defence, he did it the game against Wellington when we were in this situation (I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed at Delbo, Windbichler or the club that this has happened twice in 12 weeks). Griffiths into midfield, and then the rest stays relatively the same I'd say. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, neio said:

Brilliante will play Central defence, he did it the game against Wellington when we were in this situation (I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed at Delbo, Windbichler or the club that this has happened twice in 12 weeks). Griffiths into midfield, and then the rest stays relatively the same I'd say. 

That was because Mombaerts was worried about their pace. Depends if he thinks the same with Brisbane’s forwards. 

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

If we ever win any trophy into the future it will be a fucking miracle. Seems like half the the matches every season we are fielding something like a second XI due to injuries and international call-ups.

What would we have done if Wales and Atkinson weren't banned from Olyroos duty? We'd be so short of senior players we'd be fielding teenagers for a month.

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

What would we have done if Wales and Atkinson weren't banned from Olyroos duty? We'd be so short of senior players we'd be fielding teenagers for a month.

The Cambodian girl was Petrillo in a wig. 4D chess.

• Like 2