Melbourne Football

Sack Vidmar

TheStig

6 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Wanted to give him time but nothing has changed.... Time to go

I'd argue things are even worse under him. He's had most of the squad back too for a few rounds. 

• Like 1

He MUST be sacked. Give the job to someone who at least has something legitimate to prove. 

IMO this guy is easily the worst we've had. Given his history, and then his appointment as a caretaker coach, it's really turned out disgracefully for the club.

The players need a spark. They need hope, they need someone to inspire them. This guy is naturally negative and devoid of creativity and ideas. 

I honestly think Jammo would be a 10 times better option for the rest of the season.

And for the love of God,  I hope they do not reappoint PK

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

He MUST be sacked. Give the job to someone who at least has something legitimate to prove. 

IMO this guy is easily the worst we've had. Given his history, and then his appointment as a caretaker coach, it's really turned out disgracefully for the club.

The players need a spark. They need hope, they need someone to inspire them. This guy is naturally negative and devoid of creativity and ideas. 

I honestly think Jammo would be a 10 times better option for the rest of the season.

And for the love of God,  I hope they do not reappoint PK

It does make a lot of sense giving a "trial run" to Jamo. As we basically have nothing to lose from the current training wreck of a season. Gives Jamo half a dozen games to give it a crack and perhaps then the option to be full time coach next season if he finds improvements in the squad...

18 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

It does make a lot of sense giving a "trial run" to Jamo. As we basically have nothing to lose from the current training wreck of a season. Gives Jamo half a dozen games to give it a crack and perhaps then the option to be full time coach next season if he finds improvements in the squad...

Does Jamo have his full coaching license already?

• Like 1

Caught about 15 minutes of Sydney FC vs WSW. At the beginning of the season SFC and MCY were roughly in the same boat anchored at the bottom of the table. Rado departed first and slow MCY began climbing up into the six. SFC were slower to dismiss Corica but eventually appointed Tufuk who now has them playing like a team. The SFC will run through brick walls for him but I reckon that MCY will hesitate to run through a wets paper bag for Vidmar.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Zanty said:

everyone saying "Time to go" hahahah

Nothing changes this season whoever comes in might as well just keep him and play the likes of Caputo, Lopane, Politidis

Lopane is growing on me, I just think he is being utilised wrong and it's not helping him and can be frustrating to watch at times.

5 hours ago, Nate said:

Has he been sacked yet?

Unless he repeats his performance at AU, I don't see the point of showing him the door. But if the club has made the decision to not renew his contract and are actively looking for a replacement then I would be happy. I also presume that they will be doing their review of the playing list as we speak.

6 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Unless he repeats his performance at AU, I don't see the point of showing him the door. But if the club has made the decision to not renew his contract and are actively looking for a replacement then I would be happy. I also presume that they will be doing their review of the playing list as we speak.

His only there till end of season as interim no chance he stays beyond that 

Theres been a real lack of ambition from CFG this season in having an interim manager since rd 3 and if we do end up with Kisnorbo why the fuck didn’t we appoint him earlier when he became available?

1 hour ago, rayv36 said:

Theres been a real lack of ambition from CFG this season

I feel a lot of people think CFG are far more hands on than reality, a lot of the issues are down to Petrillo realistically.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Zanty said:

I feel a lot of people think CFG are far more hands on than reality, a lot of the issues are down to Petrillo realistically.

I agree with you. Too many players and staff have walked out, and IMO many of the signings are just not of the standard required and we know for a fact that Petrillo handles all contract matters. And he was nothing to do with the apparent lack of players pushing up from the Academy.
Vidmar was given a poisoned chalice. He cannot be held accountable for the overall woes, because they were evident before he came on the scene.
That doesn't mean that he's a good coach of course. But when you've got players who seemingly can't string three passes together, can't hit a barn door from 20 metres (just watch the shooting "practice" in the warm up), and also appear to have long-COVID, what the hell can he do?
Granted his substitutions seem as stubbornly monotonous as PK's were, and I don't think anyone can work out why Antonis and Caputo aren't getting plenty of minutes.
But I wouldn't want to be in his position for all the tea in China.

• Like 3

I dont see the point of bringing someone new in before the season ends unless it gets totally beyond reproach, but id be very, very surprised if CFG were dumb enough to reappoint him at the same time.

Get the wheels in motion now for a captains pick gaffer signing and hit the pre-season early and with momentum.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bt50 said:

I dont see the point of bringing someone new in before the season ends unless it gets totally beyond reproach, but id be very, very surprised if CFG were dumb enough to reappoint him at the same time.

Get the wheels in motion now for a captains pick gaffer signing and hit the pre-season early and with momentum.

CFG or Petrillo?

16 hours ago, NewConvert said:

There is a rumour going round that Poppa will not have his contract renewed at MVC. Could he be a candidate?

I hope not he is the exact opposite of the "CFG Style of Play"

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NewConvert said:

There is a rumour going round that Poppa will not have his contract renewed at MVC. Could he be a candidate?

IMO we need a fresh face with a decent pedigree, not some recycled bloke from another A-League club. Someone who will restore pride, passion and belief in our club via what we see on the pitch. 

There's nothing in the "City way" that prevents exciting and attacking football. Possession and a high press don't prevent overlapping wing-backs or through balls (plenty of Haaland's goals come that way) or mandate back-passes. We weren't bland and boring in the past and we don't need to be now.

But like has been said before - the problem lies deep in the club. Not just with Vidmar. 

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Any particular reason?

Since he got his coaching license he has been doing apprenticeship throughout Europe before joining SFC last season. He and Ulay T. have been central in the resurgence of SFC. Corica apparently was a my or highway kind of man so he did not get much input but UT is more open to his coaching staff.

So unless CFG poaches Italiano from WP and we wanted a local based coach, then I think that DZ would be ready to take the next step.

3 minutes ago, Zanty said:

My pick would be Mark Jackson from Mariners. Don't know if he would come but he is playing excellent football with Mariners.

He is unlikely to dump the Mariners for us especially when they are on the cusp of silverware...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zanty said:

My pick would be Mark Jackson from Mariners. Don't know if he would come but he is playing excellent football with Mariners.

I think that Italiano and Jackson have proven excellent finds. But out of assistant coaches I thin that Zdrillic will be the one to catch.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

It would not surprise me at all to find that he is suffering acute stress and anxiety that is work related. 

By banging your head continuously against a wall, you may experience negative effects. 

• Haha 2