Melbourne Football

Tim Cahill

Murfy1

5 minutes ago, CityGirl said:

I actually work at the airport but had no idea what he looks like until l just google him now and saw his pictures here (don't blame me l'm new to Australia). Now l know so will see if he arrives.

Are you Greek though? If your not Im afraid I do have to question your reliability as a source. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Are you Greek though? If your not Im afraid I do have to question your reliability as a source. 

If not Greek, then are you either involved in construction or Hairdressing. 

If the answer is no then nothing you say will be taken seriously unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, CityGirl said:

I actually work at the airport but had no idea what he looks like until l just google him now and saw his pictures here (don't blame me l'm new to Australia). Now l know so will see if he arrives.

A friend of mine is bringing a bodyboard back on the 9:50pm from Denpasar. Say hi and let her through.

Her name is Schapelle.

• Like 6

Final farewell to this amazing Country CHINA and two great football clubs, SHANGHAI SHENHUA AND HANGZHOU GREENTOWN. So blessed to have had this experience and to learn on and off the park the importance of football and business. I came to this country with an open mind and I can honestly say I gave everything to these two football clubs and tryed my hardest to contribute to this league. Just want to say a massive THANKYOU to everyone that's helped me to enjoy this adventure before I depart now back to NEW YORK. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIe51vIjX-T/

Edited by jeffplz
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, heart_fan10 said:

well I'm pretty sure he has a home in New York 

Yeah his whole family is there. His kid is trying to be an actor. If he does sign it will be at the end of August id say.

Edited by Dylan

Australian soccer superstar Tim Cahill signs mega deal with A-League club

DAVID DAVUTOVIC, Herald Sun
21 minutes ago
Subscriber only

EXCLUSIVE: THESE are the pictures that confirm Socceroos superstar Tim Cahill is on his way to A-League side Melbourne City.

Cahill visited the training base of New York City, Melbourne City’s brother club, where he completed a medical ahead of his impending announcement.

The Socceroos’ record goalscorer will be unveiled as a Melbourne City’s latest signing within 72 hours.

In one of the biggest deals in Australian soccer history, Cahill will become one of the highest paid sportsmen in Australia when the deal is confirmed.

Tim Cahill takes a selfie with NYCFC players,Andrea Pirlo, Frank Lampard (centre) and former Melbourne City player David Villa (L).

Tim Cahill meets Frank Lampard at the NYCFC Training Centre pitch.

Tim Cahill (centre), speaks with New York City FC and World Cup winner and former Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo, and NYCFC Sporting Director Claudio Reyna.
The Sunday Herald Sun understands that Cahill has agreed to a multi-year, multi-million-dollar deal in the vicinity of Italy legend Alessandro Del Piero’s $3.5m-a-year contract with Sydney FC.

Football Federation Australia will subsidise Cahill’s wage as part of their recently announced guest player fund, which has been dubbed ‘The Tim Cahill’.

It’s believed that those negotiations, involving FFA, City and the Cahill camp, are still taking place.

Cahill, 36, remains a key player for Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou as they prepare to start the decisive final phase of World Cup qualifiers.

The midfielder-turned-striker, who’s scored at the last three World Cups including an outrageous left-foot volley against the Netherlands in 2014, appears destined to play at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

It’s believed that Cahill’s A-League switch has been given the tick of approval by Postecoglou.

Tim Cahill and NYCFC Sporting Director Claudio Reyna watch the First Team training.

Tim Cahill waves as he arrives at NYCFC training centre.

Tim Cahill is spotted arriving at NYCFC’s training centre in New York City.
While many stars of the Socceroos’ golden generation opted not to play in the A-League Cahill, who left Australia to pursue his professional dream as a teenager, recently hinted at a return.

“I’ve never closed the door on the A-League,” Cahill said while in Melbourne for a Socceroos friendly in June.

“A lot of things are up in the air but I’ve just got to keep playing — that’s the main thing for me.’’

Cahill recently finished a short-term stint with Chinese club Hangzhou Greentown, where he turned down a contract extension offer.

Melbourne City chief executive Scott Munn has flown to China in recent months and New York in recent weeks to conclude the deal.

Cahill was taken to New York City’s training base for his medical and fitness check, before he caught up with megastars Frank Lampard (former Chelsea and England), Andrea Pirlo (Juventus and Italy) and David Villa (Barcelona and Spain).

Cahill, who’s scored 47 goals in 91 Socceroos games, is most famous for his exploits in the English Premier League with Everton.

The A-League season kicks off in October

• Like 3

f532e01055b4652bf6339ddb89257760?width=6

Tim Cahill waves as he arrives at NYCFC training centre.

f7aff9b6c93d1b477ae7dd1b0092323d?width=6

Tim Cahill meets Frank Lampard at the NYCFC Training Centre pitch.

1572e9f2dde5f3885d99c8df1400eb80?width=6

Tim Cahill takes a selfie with NYCFC players,Andrea Pirlo, Frank Lampard (centre) and former Melbourne City player David Villa (L).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

If indeed the report is factually correct, surely a multi-year deal means Cahill will be a marquee rather than a guest?

Hope not, I am reading this transaction as finally the FFA/A-league waking up and not looking at this thing as a vacuum but part of a larger world football landscape, but also world sporting landscape.

What is wrong with a 2 year guest?

IMHO the who cap should go - but at least Socceroos with x number of games, or global Australians who have played in Europe at say x games should be exempt from the cap etc.

We (as an Australian football collective) have to grow this thing, not hamper it at all costs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

1st Season - Guest Player, front loaded wage paid by FFA

2nd Season - Under the cap

This.

Although personally they should just make all Visa spots exempt from the cap which also raises the cap for Aus players so win win. 

9 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Maybe its guest player money first year where he makes huge money to make up for the second year that'll make up for going under the cap.

I hope that is the case, I'm happy to have him as an additional guest player, not so happy signing someone his age as a marquee on a 2 year deal

• Like 1