Melbourne Football

28/3/16 Melbourne City F.c vs Wellington Phoenix F.c

Thiem

Just now, jeffplz said:

I think with our new reinforced defense and example of slacking from the last game we played against Phoenix our boys will understand not to put in a shit performance this game. We've learnt enough, I reckon.

except we'll lose our defensive reinforcement for this game

Less worried about the defence and more concerned with whether we'll have enough creative influence in midfield tbh.

Caceras really needs to step up this week and show everyone why hes so highly rated.

Still confident however, so im guessing 2-0.

Think we'll go with :

Sorensen

Franjic Kisnorbo Chapman Garrucio

Malik

Fitzgerald.      Zullo

Caceras

Novillo Fornaroli

Bouzanis Hughes Melling Trifiro Marino

• Like 1

Kisnorbo taking it game by game

Michael Thompson

23 March, 2016

Melbourne City captain Patrick Kisnorbo has praised the club for performing consistently throughout this season, with a potential tilt at their maiden minor premiership.

The defender says the team shouldn’t get too hyped up on finishing in the top two, and should focus on the last three games of the regular season.

“We are going through a good time at the moment, when it comes to working hard on and off,” Kisnorbo said. 

“We take it day by day, three more big games… we are doing what we are doing at the best of our ability.”

City have a crucial clash on Easter Monday against Wellington Phoenix and it is a must win game for them to stay in touch with the league leading Western Sydney Wanderers.

“We got to concentrate on what we have to do as a team week in week out, and it starts again this Monday night against Wellington,” he said.

Kisnorbo says that Connor Chapman will slot back into the back four for City, with Alex Wilkinson currently out due to international duties.

“He’s trained hard, its an opportunity for him, Alex has gone away with the national team, he’s (Chapman) been here for a while he knows how we play,” he said.

Melbourne City will host the Wellington Phoenix at AAMI Park on Easter Monday with the game to kickoff at 7:30pm (AEDT).

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/kisnorbo-taking-it-game-game#:Sw0yIUOVLlA9EA

Sorensen warns against complacency

Bill Molloy

23 March 2016

Melbourne City goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen has warned his side against any danger of complacency as it hosts ninth placed Wellington Phoenix on Monday.

The last time the two sides met - just four weeks ago – City lost 2-1.

Sorensen said his side should use that result as a reminder to remain focused on the task at hand.

“It’s easy to play Melbourne Victory with 30,000 people. Nothing needs to be said whereas sometimes in other games it’s a little bit harder,” Sorensen said.

“That’s where professionalism and making sure you do everything right, not taking anything for granted. As I said we lost 2-1 a couple of weeks ago so we’ve been warned. There’s no excuse for complacency.”

Since that result, City has won its last three games, and the Danish shot-stopper has kept conceded just one goal. In the 21 rounds prior, City had managed just one clean sheet.

“Things are starting to fall into place now,” he said. 

“We’ve got a good sense of how we want to play and our strengths so there’s a lot more calmness around the place and I think you can see that in the games.”

The 39-year-old said that if the team had to adapt then they still would be able to.

“I think we’ve got a good enough team to play our style and not adapt too much but in games there might be certain things you can explore,” he said.

“It’s not bothering me and I’m sure as long as we win I’ll play whatever system.”

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/sorensen-warns-against-complacency#:VaOzhTQ6qZA9EA

2 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

Kisnorbo taking it game by game

Michael Thompson

23 March, 2016

Melbourne City captain Patrick Kisnorbo has praised the club for performing consistently throughout this season, with a potential tilt at their maiden minor premiership.

The defender says the team shouldn’t get too hyped up on finishing in the top two, and should focus on the last three games of the regular season.

“We are going through a good time at the moment, when it comes to working hard on and off,” Kisnorbo said. 

“We take it day by day, three more big games… we are doing what we are doing at the best of our ability.”

City have a crucial clash on Easter Monday against Wellington Phoenix and it is a must win game for them to stay in touch with the league leading Western Sydney Wanderers.

“We got to concentrate on what we have to do as a team week in week out, and it starts again this Monday night against Wellington,” he said.

Kisnorbo says that Connor Chapman will slot back into the back four for City, with Alex Wilkinson currently out due to international duties.

“He’s trained hard, its an opportunity for him, Alex has gone away with the national team, he’s (Chapman) been here for a while he knows how we play,” he said.

Melbourne City will host the Wellington Phoenix at AAMI Park on Easter Monday with the game to kickoff at 7:30pm (AEDT).

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/kisnorbo-taking-it-game-game#:Sw0yIUOVLlA9EA

Sorensen warns against complacency

Bill Molloy

23 March 2016

Melbourne City goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen has warned his side against any danger of complacency as it hosts ninth placed Wellington Phoenix on Monday.

The last time the two sides met - just four weeks ago – City lost 2-1.

Sorensen said his side should use that result as a reminder to remain focused on the task at hand.

“It’s easy to play Melbourne Victory with 30,000 people. Nothing needs to be said whereas sometimes in other games it’s a little bit harder,” Sorensen said.

“That’s where professionalism and making sure you do everything right, not taking anything for granted. As I said we lost 2-1 a couple of weeks ago so we’ve been warned. There’s no excuse for complacency.”

Since that result, City has won its last three games, and the Danish shot-stopper has kept conceded just one goal. In the 21 rounds prior, City had managed just one clean sheet.

“Things are starting to fall into place now,” he said. 

“We’ve got a good sense of how we want to play and our strengths so there’s a lot more calmness around the place and I think you can see that in the games.”

The 39-year-old said that if the team had to adapt then they still would be able to.

“I think we’ve got a good enough team to play our style and not adapt too much but in games there might be certain things you can explore,” he said.

“It’s not bothering me and I’m sure as long as we win I’ll play whatever system.”

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/sorensen-warns-against-complacency#:VaOzhTQ6qZA9EA

I don't even know why they bother interviewing Kisnoboro half the time. I love the bloke but he says the exact same thing every week.

AAMI also advertising it as well:

CELEBRATE YOUR EASTER MONDAY WITH MELBOURNE CITY
2 FREE GA KIDS TICKETS WITH EVERY ADULT TICKET PURCHASED

Melbourne City take on Wellington Phoenix at AAMI Park on 
Easter Monday – 28 March, kick-off 7.30pm. 

58 goals. The A-League’s record-breaking top-goal scorer. 
Three consecutive wins. Two home matches remaining. 
Don't miss Melbourne City’s march to the Finals Series

PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS NOW 

Squad:
Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 11.Michael ZULLO, 14.James BROWN, 16.Jason TIFIRO, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 22.Jack CLISBY, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 24.Patrick KISNORBO, 25.Jacob MELLING, 26.Marc MARINO, 27.Nick FITZGERALD, 29.Anthony CACERES, 33.Osama MALIK

Ins: 16.Jason TRIFIRO (promoted), 18.Paulo RETRE (promoted), 22.Jack CLISBY (promoted), 14.James BROWN (promoted)
Outs: 2.Alex WILKINSON (international duty – 1 week), 8.Aaron MOOY (international duty – 1 week)
Unavailable: 3.Aaron HUGHES (international duty), 7.Corey GAMEIRO (knee – season), 17.Wade DEKKER (ankle – season)
Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/hyundai-a-league-round-25-ins-and-outs/1usbqe6c2kypr1ndw46mfj1anp#XKJDoA6Oh3jkJH2y.99

9 hours ago, Deeming said:

The clubs just posted on FB its 'Kids Go Free'. 

Good to see them trying to boost numbers 

I agree but which kid is allowed to stay up till 9:40 (completion of game)? And by the time you get home it would be 10:30 the earliest.... for me at least as l wanted to take my brothers kids.

Seeing as there's a connection with our coach and Cruyff, not to mention his contribution to the game of football as we know it today anyone think a minute standing ovation is a worthwhile thing to do?? Or nah? I reckon it'd be a nice touch, perhaps in the 14th minute. 

• Like 3

Its a pretty good omen that the only game Mooy and Wilko will miss is this game (arguably the easiest of the final three).  I am starting to come around and think we may win the toilet seat or even do the double. Still wont though haha

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

Can see us choking big time since Wanderers dropped a game last night.

It's just the sort of game that Heart and also City prior to Xmas would concede. Let's see if things truly have changed.

Last night was the first time I was barracking for the visitors but I'm glad that they won. The joy would be even sweeter of we won the Premiers Plate because the visitors did us a favour

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

The Tards have done us a massive massive favour. Our destiny is in our hands now - it can't get better than that. Win next 3 games and silverware is ours. Fark I can't bear to think about it but in Bruno and Harry we trust  :up:

Yes 3 wins will do it. But we don't even need that. 2 wins and a draw will see us on top of Wanderers, garunteed. The only way for Briabane to beat that is for them to win all three games so I'd like to believe they'll draw one of the next three games. And the bonus is they've got a desperate Sydney and Victree to play. 

We collect 7 of 9 points and we'll more than likely take it out. 

But yes I'd rather win all three. 

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

Yes 3 wins will do it. But we don't even need that. 2 wins and a draw will see us on top of Wanderers, garunteed. The only way for Briabane to beat that is for them to win all three games so I'd like to believe they'll draw one of the next three games. And the bonus is they've got a desperate Sydney and Victree to play. 

We collect 7 of 9 points and we'll more than likely take it out. 

But yes I'd rather win all three. 

If would be a nervous 24 hours if we won against Adelaide, but had to rely on Victory to beat Brisbane the following day.

Lets just win all three so we can win the title in front of the home crowd at AAMI and be able to celebrate in style.

That being said, how perfectly things are falling in place has me nervous.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

It's just the sort of game that Heart and also City prior to Xmas would concede. Let's see if things truly have changed.

Last night was the first time I was barracking for the visitors but I'm glad that they won. The joy would be even sweeter of we won the Premiers Plate because the visitors did us a favour

I always barrack for the visitors         --------------- Let's look at the definition of the word

Definition of barrack

chiefly British

1. transitive verb
  2. :  to shout at derisively or sarcastically

Last night I actually wanted them to win

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, malloy said:

If would be a nervous 24 hours if we won against Adelaide, but had to rely on Victory to beat Brisbane the following day.

Lets just win all three so we can win the title in front of the home crowd at AAMI and be able to celebrate in style.

As I said I'd rather win all three as well. I'm saying if we collect 7 points we only need Brisbane to draw 1 game for us to win the plate. 

1 hour ago, HEARTinator said:

The Tards have done us a massive massive favour. Our destiny is in our hands now - it can't get better than that. Win next 3 games and silverware is ours. Fark I can't bear to think about it but in Bruno and Harry we trust  :up:

Fucken pumped. Someone wake me up, must be a dream

1 hour ago, malloy said:

Sell out against Adelaide if we need a win to lift the plate. Fark imagine

1 hour ago, malloy said:

destiny in our hands

mmmm. banana skin coming up against the Nix

tough away to Perth

Adelaide at home, quality team

It aint going to be easy

but we can only blame ourselves and JVS from here

• Like 3

Agree with all the previous posts.

Next 3 games are massive and we have direct control of what may play out. We have only ourselves to blame.

Now the team has truly progressed but I'm not sure we are capable of taking 9 points to win the League. It tooks us 4 attempts to get to top and we only stayed there for a matter of hours. 

We have a full squad  (minus internationals) and full of confidence so we are in un chartered waters and whatever happens I'm going to enjoy it. 

Happy Easter. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Agree with all the previous posts.

Next 3 games are massive and we have direct control of what may play out. We have only ourselves to blame.

Now the team has truly progressed but I'm not sure we are capable of taking 9 points to win the League. It tooks us 4 attempts to get to top and we only stayed there for a matter of hours. 

We have a full squad  (minus internationals) and full of confidence so we are in un chartered waters and whatever happens I'm going to enjoy it. 

Happy Easter. 

With our goal difference 7 points should win us the league 

Edited by thisphantomfortress