Melbourne Football

28/3/16 Melbourne City F.c vs Wellington Phoenix F.c

Thiem

2 hours ago, JC22 said:

We did lose to Wellington on the road a few weeks back.

Go back and watch that game and then the game after against the smurfs, and you will know what I am talking about. That game against Wellington, in my view, turned this whole team around including players, management and structure. After that game the whole team made a conscious decision to be winners. That game was the last Heart- like performance and released the last of the shackles we had of our past. That game was the awakening of the immovable object, an irresistible force and the release of a monster with unrelenting hunger for success, that we are seeing right now. Heart died that day and Melbourne City was born. Players are now taking full responsibility and accountability to be the team that will succeed, and they are hungry.

That's the reality today.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Go back and watch that game and then the game after against the smurfs, and you will know what I am talking about. That game against Wellington, in my view, turned this whole team around including players, management and structure. After that game the whole team made a conscious decision to be winners. That game was the last Heart- like performance and released the last of the shackles we had of our past. That game was the awakening of the immovable object, an irresistible force and the release of a monster with unrelenting hunger for success, that we are seeing right now. Heart died that day and Melbourne City was born. Players are now taking full responsibility and accountability to be the team that will succeed, and they are hungry.

That's the reality today.

Or maybe the players weren't used to playing in tsunami like conditions? I still remember when mooy tried to put the ball on the ground and the wind was blowing it away lol

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SF33 said:

Wellington plays Victory this week. Standard tactics of a coach of a shit team to butter up the upcoming opposition. Yeah, he didn't have to go to those lengths, but nothing to see here, as far as I'm concerned.

I assumed he was talking them up because he's on his way to signing their whole roster of fuckwits.

• Like 3