Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

33 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

How extraordinary! Two emails this afternoon from "sportsubs-storage-manager.azurewebsites.net" saying "welcome to the 2022-23 season"...

Opened one but didn't click on anything. Deleted them now.

HAHAHAHA same!!! I am on the train home after a very long day at work. I know I am knackered but I had to read it back about 5 times before I worked out what was going on lol

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

How extraordinary! Two emails this afternoon from "sportsubs-storage-manager.azurewebsites.net" saying "welcome to the 2022-23 season"...

Its timing reflects the realisation of our team, which has just started the season and had better start playing the type of football we are known for.

7 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I think most of us were just happy we finally got an email from the club!

I had one a couple of days before. Another survey. Turned out to be about what car I would buy and why if I ever buy another one. I gave up in disgust. However, I'm still waiting for a reply to my question for the FRG...club needs to get its priorities right. Ho-hum.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Just a quick one. When tickets go on sale for A-League matches, does Ticketek sell them?

My interest being that Ticketek is owned by.......none other than Silver Lake.

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

When tickets go on sale for A-League matches, does Ticketek sell them?

Depends on the stadium as Perth and Newcastle are ticketmaster, Marvel stadium is ticketmaster where as Aami is Ticketek 

• 1 month later...

Not sure if I'm renewing my membership this year. It was only GA. Problem is my son who I went to the games with is in process of joining the Army so won't be around any more to go to games with. Doesn't make a lot of sense to go by myself

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Le Hack said:

Not sure if I'm renewing my membership this year. It was only GA. Problem is my son who I went to the games with is in process of joining the Army so won't be around any more to go to games with. Doesn't make a lot of sense to go by myself

@Le HackCouple of our gang, including me, are thinking of moving to GA. I'll send you a PM if we do.

Edited by jw1739

I'm waiting until I see what sort of squad we actually end up with, the Cup result, and also the fixtures. I no longer go to derbies, and certain kick-off times are not convenient for me, and so GA is the logical choice for me really. It'll be sad to break with the rest of the gang, but then I don't see the point of paying for something that I'm not going to use.

On 12/07/2024 at 11:47 AM, jw1739 said:

I'm waiting until I see what sort of squad we actually end up with, the Cup result, and also the fixtures. I no longer go to derbies, and certain kick-off times are not convenient for me, and so GA is the logical choice for me really. It'll be sad to break with the rest of the gang, but then I don't see the point of paying for something that I'm not going to use.

The decline continues. Sad to hear this JW1739 - one of the all time "rusted on" supporters. I wonder if they will even recognise the fact when there is no one in the stands?

Edited by mjake1234

i'm a auto renewal.  had previously gone to a 3 game flexi this season (from active bay).  in part to save some money (afterall i missed a bunch of games last season so that meant i was wasting money) and am rather indifferent given some of the performances last season but didnt want to break the consecutive season member element.  

with all the bullshit the last month or so i am so glad.  i hate the idea of walking away all together, but i worry about the club in terms of non-rusted on members.  how can they afford to keep doing all this bullshit???

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

How does everyone find the membership they offer? I feel like it could be cheaper and you'd want to encourage people to be camera side? 

Also I thought McLaren and good were having packages named after them? 

We're going general admission but there no doubt behind the bench is the best seats 

19 minutes ago, citypool said:

How does everyone find the membership they offer? I feel like it could be cheaper and you'd want to encourage people to be camera side? 

Also I thought McLaren and good were having packages named after them? 

We're going general admission but there no doubt behind the bench is the best seats 

JMac and Good have player awards named after them, but not memberships.

Behind the bench is a good spot - we were there for several seasons - if you want to pay extra to get wet every time it rains. Once we moved to high up behind the southern goal we found it better overall TBH. Also the corners are good watching positions. The Eastern side is a real bugger on a sunny day.

I'm pretty certain to go GA this season, but waiting for the fixture and to see what signings we make - if any. I don't go to derbies any more and it's not as if we have big crowds and it's hard to find a seat...

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

JMac and Good have player awards named after them, but not memberships.

Behind the bench is a good spot - we were there for several seasons - if you want to pay extra to get wet every time it rains. Once we moved to high up behind the southern goal we found it better overall TBH. Also the corners are good watching positions. The Eastern side is a real bugger on a sunny day.

I'm pretty certain to go GA this season, but waiting for the fixture and to see what signings we make - if any. I don't go to derbies any more and it's not as if we have big crowds and it's hard to find a seat...

Ok interesting.

In a dream world they try to get on the same page with active.

Long term fans get a discount for premium 

They try to market general admission to New fans 

Most games won't get more then 6K but they can try make it look watchable on tv 

4 hours ago, citypool said:

Ok interesting.

In a dream world they try to get on the same page with active.

Long term fans get a discount for premium 

They try to market general admission to New fans 

Most games won't get more then 6K but they can try make it look watchable on tv 

@citypool Would you care to some specifics on it?
For example, would you, now, buy a 3-season or 5-season membership of any type if you received a discount of 10% and 20% respectively?
What sort of discount going forward do you think should be offered for existing 5, 10, and Foundation members?

Up until now I have been a Foundation Member, and for the first time I have declined to renew before the 1st July "deadline." Why? Because I feel that the overall "quality" of the club has deteriorated on and off the field, and I feel very strongly about the farce that is the FRG situation. 

I think that what a spectator expects to see, and then sees at the ground, is more important in determining attendances than actual membership. The attendances at the two home matches when David Villa appeared are testament to that. Membership will certainly aid attendance from time to time, and discounts will probably encourage people to maintain a membership, but an unpalatable product is still unpalatable whatever you pay for it.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@citypool Would you care to some specifics on it?
For example, would you, now, buy a 3-season or 5-season membership of any type if you received a discount of 10% and 20% respectively?
What sort of discount going forward do you think should be offered for existing 5, 10, and Foundation members?

Up until now I have been a Foundation Member, and for the first time I have declined to renew before the 1st July "deadline." Why? Because I feel that the overall "quality" of the club has deteriorated on and off the field, and I feel very strongly about the farce that is the FRG situation. 

I think that what a spectator expects to see, and then sees at the ground, is more important in determining attendances than actual membership. The attendances at the two home matches when David Villa appeared are testament to that. Membership will certainly aid attendance from time to time, and discounts will probably encourage people to maintain a membership, but an unpalatable product is still unpalatable whatever you pay for it.

I'm always going to get a season membership because we try to go to most games. 

The club needs a serious look at its website. When you go to the Home Page there is no obvious link to Memberships. You have to click on the three lines in the top LH corner of the screen to find the link.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

I know it’s three weeks until or first home match but what are the chances of membership packs arriving before the season starts this year? 

Not very good we never get them on time and the club care less now then they did then 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2024 at 10:35 AM, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

I know it’s three weeks until or first home match but what are the chances of membership packs arriving before the season starts this year? 

I might have to eat humble pie I got a notification that my membership is coming this week 

17 hours ago, n i k o said:

Have to say the city blue looks to have changed? Its a bit darker. I quite like it. 

17 hours ago, n i k o said:

Have to say the city blue looks to have changed? Its a bit darker. I quite like it. 

It appears to be a minority opinion but I agree with you. I rather like the contents of my membership pack. Loathed the old baby blue but this is much more appealing