Melbourne Football

RD 21: Suty away at the nux #tinmoreyeers

Dylan

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

Goddamn it! None of you cunts better start posting about the positives we should be taking from this!

Positives:

We controlled the game to a large extent as much as that was possible but moved the ball too slowly to trouble Nix

Caceras missed out on a hat trick of red cards

Comedy effects from the wind

Negatives:

The wind ruined the game as a spectacle for both sets of fans. Nix fans at least had the consolation of their team being slightly less shit than us

2 comical defensive lapses, even more inexplicable given that Nix really offered nothing for the rest of the match

Bruno + Harry is greater than the sum of the parts. Harry's presence creates a little more space for Bruno and takes off a little pressure. Bruno is much less effective as a sole scoring focus. Hopefully Harry returns with his head screwed on

Boutzanis was less shit than I expected

JVS had no clue about how to break down Nix, there was no discernible plan in the second half, bench was poor so subs offered nothing

Missed a clear pen but this is the A League - regular occurrence for everyone so we can't complain.

Summary:

A typical Heart performance

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Positives:

We controlled the game to a large extent as much as that was possible but moved the ball too slowly to trouble Nix

Caceras missed out on a hat trick of red cards

Comedy effects from the wind

Negatives:

The wind ruined the game as a spectacle for both sets of fans. Nix fans at least had the consolation of their team being slightly less shit than us

2 comical defensive lapses, even more inexplicable given that Nix really offered nothing for the rest of the match

Bruno + Harry is greater than the sum of the parts. Harry's presence creates a little more space for Bruno and takes off a little pressure. Bruno is much less effective as a sole scoring focus. Hopefully Harry returns with his head screwed on

Boutzanis was less shit than I expected

JVS had no clue about how to break down Nix, there was no discernible plan in the second half, bench was poor so subs offered nothing

Missed a clear pen but this is the A League - regular occurrence for everyone so we can't complain.

Summary:

A typical Heart performance

Said last week that we miss Harry. He provides a presence and a point of difference that teams find hard to man against. Also when you see Harry and Bruno playing together they do seem to enjoy it and I think are generally on the same wavelength. Bruno misses Harry already :(

• Like 1

Appalling. Pricks can catch a boat home.

The ultimate had to be playing "keepings off" with a few minutes to go, cleverly winding down the clock. Did our players have money on Wellington?

Its an interesting thought experiment to ponder where we would be now if JVS had been sacked in the dressing room post FFA cup debacle.

• Like 6

We win one week we lose the next. The minute the heat is on jvs he wins that week. We all talk about how good we are look at our players etc. week after comes when we need to win to go further up on ladder we lose, and watch all games that we needed to go our way will because we lost and we won't capitalise on it

Edited by Simo
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Appalling. Pricks can catch a boat home.

The ultimate had to be playing "keepings off" with a few minutes to go, cleverly winding down the clock. Did our players have money on Wellington?

Its an interesting thought experiment to ponder where we would be now if JVS had been sacked in the dressing room post FFA cup debacle.

Stop the boats!

• Like 1

Commentators are incredibly bias and serious dull and boring.  we were fouled consistently in the beginning and they alleged we are diving. 

They suck the life out of me every time I listen to them.  There's a lot of talent in Wellington,  why persist with these idiots?!

El Tuna missed the service.  Mooy was unlucky, Guarricio cant play wings front, Tuna man not happy.

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

By far the worst refereed game ive ever seen.

Yes, he was hopeless. Tried to make up for some mistakes, but was utterly shit.

Edited by Pandev

Ref failed Fornaroli - van’t Schip

Melbourne City coach John van’t Schip has been left frustrated after watching his side lose 2-1 to the Phoenix in Wellington.

In particular, the City mentor was visibly frustrated during and after the game by the performance of referee Matt Conger.

Phoenix put the wind up title-chasing City

“If you look back on the game everyone will see very clearly we didn’t get anything awarded from the ref,” van’t Schip said afterwards.

“With Bruno (Fornaroli), they could hang on him, push him, kick him – I could go on – but that was the frustration.

"Not taking away that we didn’t have a good start, but we didn’t get help from the ref.”

Pics: Phoenix v City match action 

Van’t Schip also believed his side was denied a first-half penalty when Phoenix skipper Andrew Durante came together with Fornaroli in the penalty area.

“For me, it looked clear-cut. His feet got kicked away and (Durante) didn’t get any contact with the ball, or if he did, he first made contact with Bruno. (The ref) was clearly on top of it, but didn’t give it.”

But van’t Schip conceded his side was slow out of the blocks on a blustery evening in New Zealand’s capital, falling 2-0 behind inside fifteen minutes.

“I’m disappointed with the start of the game,” he said.

“We came back into the game but we were already 2-0 down. We kept pressure on Wellington, we had a lot of corners and free-kicks and what I thought was a penalty, but in the end it wasn’t enough. After a poor start like that you have to fight back into a game and you know it’s always going to be difficult.”

“(We) were not prepared and ready for that first part. Wellington dealt with the wind in a better way, reacted quicker and we were a step behind that. By the time we woke up, we were 2-0 behind,” said van’t Schip.

A win would have taken Melbourne City to the top of the Hyundai A-League ladder for the first time ever, but van’t Schip accepted his side still has work to do if they’re to challenge for silverware this season.

“If we want to become that team, we’re still not there. We have to improve and get better and make sure that we can be there at the end, but this is of course not what we wanted,” he said.

Melbourne City host Sydney FC next Friday night.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/ref-failed-fornaroli-vant-schip#yQpi0moSOmPCfZYd.99

Theres only one thing I agree with here with JVS, the ref was disgraceful but especially on Bruno. Players are constantly grabbing him, kicking him yet this is accepted because he knows how to use his body to great effect. I'm not sure though what he means by we were not prepared. What for, the wind? To compete? Is this an admission to his inability to get the team mentally prepared? Even though he probably feels he did, but it clearly ain't good enough. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

That was a horror show. Poor defending early, the worst ref of all time (clear penalty missed and I reckon there was a clear foul missed on Bruno for their 1st goal) wind conditions from hell, those commentators (they think Muscant is Messi and Durante is Captain Fantastic ??), Merrick, and of course a loss. Just shitful.

These sheepies from across the ditch bring nothing to the a-league in terms of improving the comp ... IMO it was a mistake to keep em in (it's not the ANZ league). 

Pathetic all round ... and James Brown ... Wtf ... Retre would have been MUCH better as the final sub. Huge fail tonight for JVS