Melbourne Football

City vs Western Sydney, AAMI Park, Friday 13th November 2015 7:40pm

GreenSeater

1 minute ago, dr lime said:

If the capos can't get people to chant and sing then they also need to have a look at themselves rather than blaming the masses. I hate to say it but our "active" area has been characterised by formulaic, repetitive stuff with very little humour, wit or variety and plenty of banality. There are times I have been embarassed by how lame we can be. It has improved very gradually in the last couple of years, but is still generally ordinary. I guess repetitive boring chanting is better than none at all, but really. So perhaps it is those leading the chants who are the flogs. Just a thought. 

Also, can active please stop trying to start the  'stand up if you love city' when we are behind?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

Positives: Flare guy was a laugh

Negatives: Redmayne clean sheet

Lost 3-0

Refs and linesmen are still shit

Shit crowd....7900 seriously?

Half crowd leaving before whistle

Active not listening to capos

Singing velaphi chant when sorenson does nothing wrong... the guy probably hates us cunts now thanks to those people.

JVS not sacked

Us Capos tried our best but still way too many passengers and flogs. I guess some people will never understand proper active support (people not chanting), so they should go back to the other library sports in this country.

JVS subs were poor again

Aloisi is going to bend our team over next week

JVS still not sacked as of writing this

Don't get me wrong, l love flares, but seriously, do we need a twat that lights flares and scare off the little support we have? Twats like that is one reason l never supported Victory. Long and behold, we have a few of those in our own support group.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dr lime said:

If the capos can't get people to chant and sing then they also need to have a look at themselves rather than blaming the masses. I hate to say it but our "active" area has been characterised by formulaic, repetitive stuff with very little humour, wit or variety and plenty of banality. There are times I have been embarassed by how lame we can be. It has improved very gradually in the last couple of years, but is still generally ordinary. I guess repetitive boring chanting is better than none at all, but really. So perhaps it is those leading the chants who are the flogs. Just a thought. 

The players need to give the supporters something to chant about.

So we get beaten at home by the Hoff and he gets nominated in the A-League team of the week. Now we lose to Redders and he keeps a clean sheet, and we're the ones hand clapping. There is no doubt we'll see the trifecta of loser shitness next week and we'll get spanked by Brisbane's "maestro" coach, JA.

What a horrible and deflating night. Not one positive. Not even one genuine highlight. Having Mooy and Kisnorbo out was not the reason we were so bad. We were rubbish because of how JVS set the team up to play and due to the complete lack of response tactically througout the game. Our players are not as bad as they performed tonight, but as a team we were diabolical and never looked liked taking it up to the WSW.

It's time .... #JVSOut

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, AaronAV11 said:

Full credit to the capos tonight who tried really hard and did well, but we need <edit> back. Anyone know why he wasn't capo tonight? And well done Baka for telling those flogs off at the back of active trying to start tando chants.

No names mate

Edited by Tesla

I thought active was pretty good tonight actually. Although I still don't understand why any chanting needs to begin when the team is in the dressing room and the music is blaring. Just wasting energy for nothing. 

But anyway, what a fucking shit result. We did look lost without Mooy in the centre but it seemed our subs once again were questionable. Why was Hughes taken off so early? Why was the ranga put in central defence? :droy: Why wasn't Clisby started in left back? 

It's almost comical it's that ridiculous how up and down we are. 

Possibly the worst experience I've ever had at a night at the football. Arrived at the 37 minute mark due to faults at Burnley Station and then had to watch that absolute crap.

- 2nd goal was garbage whether it was a goal or not. Who the fuck doesn't play the whistle?

- That double sub at half time was game over for me. Terrible decision by JVS. How many more "final straws" can he survive?

- Having a back 4 of kids including 2 converted full backs for the whole second half was a joke. Always going to lose at that point. No leadership bar Sorenson.

- Sorenson was the only bright spot for me. Stood up when we needed him and put his body on the line time and time again. I've never been fully sold on him, but after tonight I am. Very impressed.

- If anyone was wondering how Novillo didn't make it in Europe tonight showed why. Losing your head like that as a pro is unacceptable. Then basically starting a fight with Melling before storming down the tunnel was pathetic.

- I would love somebody to have the balls to just shoot.

Also I get the attitude of hating on the people who left early, and I can definitely understand that as I would never leave early, but after being served up crap like that time and time again I can't blame people for leaving early at all.

JVS out for the love of god.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dr lime said:

Every terrace around the world is repetitive...

4 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Possibly the worst experience I've ever had at a night at the football. Arrived at the 37 minute mark due to faults at Burnley Station and then had to watch that absolute crap.

- 2nd goal was garbage whether it was a goal or not. Who the fuck doesn't play the whistle?

- That double sub at half time was game over for me. Terrible decision by JVS. How many more "final straws" can he survive?

- Having a back 4 of kids including 2 converted full backs for the whole second half was a joke. Always going to lose at that point. No leadership bar Sorenson.

- Sorenson was the only bright spot for me. Stood up when we needed him and put his body on the line time and time again. I've never been fully sold on him, but after tonight I am. Very impressed.

- If anyone was wondering how Novillo didn't make it in Europe tonight showed why. Losing your head like that as a pro is unacceptable. Then basically starting a fight with Melling before storming down the tunnel was pathetic.

Also I get the attitude of hating on the people who left early, and I can definitely understand that as I would never leave early, but after being served up crap like that time and time again I can't blame people for leaving early at all.

Agree with it all  :up:   Bruno tried hard but had no fcuking service to speak of. The shot on goal he manufactured towards the end after beating 3 defenders was class.

Edited by HEARTinator

1 hour ago, benzema23 said:

Observations from tonight's game:

1. Not sacking JVS and the performances are disrespectful to the fans at this point. 

2. Clisby is a ranga, nuff said. He has no soul so why persist with him.

3. The "supporters" who left active towards the end are a fucking disgrace. I hope people remember their faces and give them shot if they ever come to a game again. Fucken pieces of s***

4. Those who stayed and chanted and gave it their all: thank you.

5. Thank you to the capos 

6. #JVSout 

7. We have built a shit squad with no recognisable system. 

8. Need a complete change of management at all levels.

9. This game was almost as painful as the semi-final loss last season. 

Good on them for leaving and i was one of them!!! To put up with utter shit week in and week out hopefully itll be a wake up call the CFG muppets to finally get rid of the clueless fukwit in charge. This fukwit has the most abysmal coaching record and i for one will never watch another game until he is gone!!

Edit: to have an endless wealth of experince money resources and to serve that shit up time and time again makes you wonder why they even bothered buying heart. ITS THE SAME OLD SHIT

Edited by AntiScum
addition
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

Agree with it all  :up:   Bruno tried hard but had no fcuking service to speak of. The shot on goal he manufactured towards the end after beating 3 defenders was class.

Even Bruno was reasonably poor tonight. Some of his decisions were awful, playing the wrong pass, taking a player on rather than just taking a shot, etc. Second best of a bad bunch behind Sorenson though

8 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

El Tuna was also great. Fuck I love this guy. 

3 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

So we get beaten at home by the Hoff and he gets nominated in the A-League team of the week. Now we lose to Redders and he keeps a clean sheet, and we're the ones hand clapping. There is no doubt we'll see the trifecta of loser shitness next week and we'll get spanked by Brisbane's "maestro" coach, JA.

What a horrible and deflating night. Not one positive. Not even one genuine highlight. Having Mooy and Kisnorbo out was not the reason we were so bad. We were rubbish because of how JVS set the team up to play and due to the complete lack of response tactically througout the game. Our players are not as bad as they performed tonight, but as a team we were diabolical and never looked liked taking it up to the WSW.

It's time .... #JVSOut

Pretty much right there TA. IMO definitely the worst performance we've seen as Melbourne City. Glaring coaching errors, principally the double substitution (conceding a goal within 2 minutes just as we did against Newcastle) and the failure to bring on a replacement midfielder. But I can't absolve the players completely either. There were some awful individual performances tonight, with a number of players extremely selfish on the ball.  IMO probably only three could hold their heads up after that display. The team oozed negativity right from the kick-off; once we start the sideways and backwards passing you know you're in for a bad evening. We were weak, dispirited, dysfunctional, and seemingly completely devoid of ideas.

I don't believe that we can finish in the top four of the regular season. To do so we require 12 more wins from only 21 remaining matches. We've never been able to find that sort of form previously and I cannot see us doing it now. Newcastle and WSW are not even really good sides - just solid and hardworking. God help us when we come up against some of the better sides.

• Like 3

Melbourne City coach John Van't Schip takes blame in A-League loss to Western Sydney Wanderers

November 13, 2015

Michael Lynch

Melbourne City coach John Van't Schip took the blame for his side's dreadful performance against a resurgent Western Sydney Wanderers, saying he had simply got it all wrong in preparing his team before the 3-0 defeat - the second time in two games that City has conceded three goals in front of its own fans.

In contrast, Wanderers boss Tony Popovic, although typically measured in his delivery, was delighted with what he described as the best performance of the season by his team, which was winning for the third time on the spin and the second away game in a row.

City appears to have returned to its flaky, inconsistent self: a swashbuckling performance in Adelaide gave hope that its capitulation against the Newcastle Jets in its previous home match was an aberration.

But this ramshackle effort, where, as Van't Schip conceded, they were outplayed all over the pitch, evoked so many echoes of previous City (and Melbourne Heart) seasons past, where one good performance is sandwiched by poor displays either side.

"It was a poor performance, we all have to be responsible for that and I am the first one. I am not happy at all," the Dutchman said post game.

"We have to analyse what went wrong in preparing and getting the team in the right way ready for this game. We were clearly not ready, not on our front feet.

"We couldn't keep the ball, we were outplayed in the midfield. I can continue, but its my responsibility, it was a poor performance from our side and a poor performance from me.

"We had a poor performance and they deserved to win.

"It was our worst performance since I am coach here in a home game at least. Its my responsiblity...to get them as good as possible for this game."

Van't Schip is to be commended for his honesty, and he did not have the use of by far his most important player, Aaron Mooy, who was away with the Socceroos.

But the story of injured players and missing stars is one which is heard all too frequently at City when results go awry: a visit to high flying Brisbane looms and the squad will need to turn things around quickly for that trip next week.

Although the criticism is mounting, Van't Schip said he was confident he had the ability to turn things round.

"I am confident, its important that we are all confident, the players and the supporting staff. Its something that we have to go back to the drawing board and work hard. Its a difficult game coming up, Brisbane away."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/melbourne-city-coach-john-vant-schip-takes-blame-in-aleague-loss-to-western-sydney-wanderers-20151113-gkyu0f.html

JVS also said in the post-game presser:

-  "[Hughes] complained of injury at half time. I think it was something up in his calf"

-  "Steve [Kuzmanovski] was struggling", but it was unclear whether he meant form or fitness

Edited by Murfy1

34 minutes ago, dr lime said:

Well fuck mate if we cant get the basic chants going when we are LOSING what can we do? I tried firing yous up, we copped the 3rd then all of a   sudden everyone from halfway up the terrace stopped singing. I dont think im a flog tbf. Plz respond

• Like 6

Signings we made this year

Sorenson - 39 years old hardly played last year

Franjic - injured when signed

Hughes -- 36 years old hardly played last year

Zullo - injured when signed

Gamiero - injured when signed

There is the starting problem 

LB is massive problem, gooch isn't a starting LB against teams who just target him. I would hate to think what a fit castelan would have done if he played full game

RB is a slight problem, but I actually think Retre is a better RB than he is midfielder

Thought Paartalu actually put in tonight again. I think the dropping of him has had desired effect

We missed Mooy massively and kisnorbo and Williams slightly (I know David has his flaws, but kuzi should be coming off bench as impact player and gamiero is showing absolutely nothing)

• Like 1

Well, by Christ wasn't that f***ing miserable. If that doesn't see the end of JVS then I have no idea what it is going to take to get him out of the club. Completely useless tactically and I have a horrible feeling he's lost the players - I really don't think the squad is as bad as that performance looked.

We seem to have become completely reliant on Mooy to create anything in midfield, and at set pieces. The only free kick that looked any good was Fornarolis in the second half, but naturally that flog Redmayne made a decent save, the likes of which I cannot remember him pulling out of his backside once with us. I think Mauk and Melling will be good players in years to come, but tonight showed up the gap in class between them (particularly Mauk) and Mooy - going to be very very sad when/if he heads off somewhere O/S next season.... 

Poor old Garuccio, he had a shocker tonight to add to his list of poor performances at fullback. I think the guy is a capable winger and could go on to be quite good in that position, but at this rate his career will be dead by mid season if he keeps getting played down back- and given were almost a quarter of the way through the season and we've seen barely anything of our supposed proper fullback signings, I'd say he's in for a few more games there yet. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed (or maybe I'm imagining things), but I reckon Sorensen has no confidence in him at all, for example I remember one occasion in the second half where Sorensen had it at his feet and rather than pass to an open Gooch who was calling for it near the sideline in space he put it into row Z on the wing.

I actually had to remind myself Gameiro had come on late in the game, can't remember him doing too much of note at all.

Sadly I think that second goal was fair enough, been playing for long enough and heard enough coaches bellowing about it to know that you play to the whistle and I reckon our guys stopped when they saw the flag. Understandable, but still something that shouldn't happen at this level. (On this, how's those A-League refs?....)

Oh, and a special thankyou to the club or stadium (whoever it was) who decided to tape off a whole area at the back of the Yarra End - which included my assigned seat, and then made it my problem to sort out. Thumbs up, cherry on the icing of the sh*t cake that was being a City supporter tonight.

Edited by Cityamatic
  • Like 3

probly the flattest i've felt at a game, stayed just to hear the reaction at the end (our worst home loss?)
shits fucked when you can't even put 1 past redmayne and topor stanley
refs are fucked, have had a goal costing decision go against us in every game this season, ref tonight failing to give obvious cards to the terrorists
give me ramsey over garuccio anyday
clubs pumping money into promo work when they should be putting it into sacking the coach and paying out dud players (koren,hughes + more)

was actually happy to see people leaving at around 80 mins in, most of GA left and plenty all around too, crowds have been decent so far this season, expect them to drop off real quick if nothing is done with the team

13 minutes ago, Cityamatic said:

Oh, and a special thankyou to the club or stadium (whoever it was) who decided to tape off a whole area at the back of the Yarra End - which included my assigned seat, and then made it my problem to sort out. Thumbs up, cherry on the icing of the sh*t cake that was being a City supporter tonight.

This really frustrated me when I arrived. I was told I can have a seat towards the sides of the yarra end. Or I could sit down the other side of the stadium in GA. Cool. What's the point of booking a seat then?

Beyond angry and disappointed at this stage. Just when the club was starting to build something, 11 months undefeated at AAMI Park, 10 games undefeated, it's all washed away after 2 horrorshow home losses.

It was bad enough having the train break down on the way into the game, but seeing the team break down and capitulate was even worse.

WSW just controlled the game. Melbourne City's pressing was half-baked, and when you don't get your pressing right teams easily play through you and pile on pressure. And they exposed our makeshift fullbacks on numerous occasions (why do we still have makeshift fullbacks?), and 3 times decisively.  

The team was off all game. I agree that many players were selfish and dwelled on possession and got us in trouble. Also Mauk, Kuzmanovski, Garuccio and Clisby all had shockers. It was lambs to the slaughter with these kids in this game. Not sure what's worse, how disappointing their performances were, or how much the team relies on kids to carry the load and play important roles in the team.

Maybe the awful double-sub was forced, and worse has been JVS' inability to get the players motivated and playing at full energy for 90 minutes (or heck, even just most of a game) this season. The team has lost every time it's conceded this season, and once of course after the team scored twice. The capitulations are damning.

It's simply tragic for supporters and would-be supporters. It feels like the same old sh*t with this club, with poor loss after poor loss. Panic stations now for the club and CFG, to ensure that Melbourne City isn't simply regarded by the people of Melbourne as the same old Melbourne Heart sh*t with new branding, they will have to make some decisions.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 3

Christ I wanted a win tonight. Generally I don't like wishing for losses but I think that this might be the straw that broke the camel's back, and maybe this loss is one worth copping. 

JVS was outcoached tonight. Aside from Novillo's chance, which he royally fucked up, we created very little. Midfield was shredded, forwards isolated etc. Been said already.

Didn't mind some of Paartalu's tackles in the mid, but that was about it as far as positives go. 

To go from last week, to this, is a kick in the guts. Infuriating really.

6 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

Beyond angry and disappointed at this stage. Just when the club was starting to build something, 11 months undefeated at AAMI Park, 10 games undefeated, it's all washed away after 2 horrorshow home losses.

It was bad enough having the train break down on the way into the game, but seeing the team break down and capitulate was even worse.

WSW just controlled the game. Melbourne City's pressing was half-baked, and when you don't get your pressing right teams easily play through you and pile on pressure. And they exposed our makeshift fullbacks on numerous occasions (why do we still have makeshift fullbacks?), and 3 times decisively.  

The team was off all game. I agree that many players were selfish and dwelled on possession and got us in trouble. Also Mauk, Kuzmanovski, Garuccio and Clisby all had shockers. It was lambs to the slaughter with these kids in this game. Not sure what's worse, how disappointing their performances were, or how much the team relies on kids to carry the load and play important roles in the team.

Maybe the awful double-sub was forced, and worse has been JVS' inability to get the players motivated and playing at full energy for 90 minutes (or heck, even just most of a game) this season. The team has lost every time it's conceded this season, and once of course after the team scored twice. The capitulations are damning.

It's simply tragic for supporters and would-be supporters. It feels like the same old sh*t with this club, with poor loss after poor loss. Panic stations now for the club and CFG, to ensure that Melbourne City isn't simply regarded by the people of Melbourne as the same old Melbourne Heart sh*t with new branding, they will have to make some decisions.

Unfortunately I think this ship may have already sailed...

And on one of your earlier points, does anyone know how many more stepovers Kuzi has to do until he hits one million for the season? Couldn't be more than ten or so by my reckoning.

23 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

Well fuck mate if we cant get the basic chants going when we are LOSING what can we do? I tried firing yous up, we copped the 3rd then all of a   sudden everyone from halfway up the terrace stopped singing. I dont think im a flog tbf. Plz respond

Look, it's not fair to use tonight as a judgement. Hard to get anyone to cheer with such a horrible performance going on. And kudos to you guys for having a go and getting up every home game to get the active area going. But calling people flogs just because they found it hard to chant on such a shit night made me react in kind. I agree the Tando chant was unfair and stupid when Sorensen was our best tonight. I understand that even repeating the same 3 chants sounds okay if there are 10k doing it and having 15 different ones can still be a bit lame with only a few hundred doing it. Just think if we don't have huge numbers then we need to be a bit more clever and make it more interesting with some wit and variety. Easy for me to say that of course. I don't think you are a flog, but calling others flogs doesn't help us. Everyone supports in their own way.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benzema23 said:

3. The "supporters" who left active towards the end are a fucking disgrace. I hope people remember their faces and give them shot if they ever come to a game again. Fucken pieces of s***

I left early. Go fuck yourself.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, recyclosaurusrex said:

This really frustrated me when I arrived. I was told I can have a seat towards the sides of the yarra end. Or I could sit down the other side of the stadium in GA. Cool. What's the point of booking a seat then?

Exactly my thinking. Did you get any answers as to why it was closed off? Or if it was going to happen again?

(Probably more annoyed about this then I should be, but after sitting down to that steaming bowl of dog turds the team served up to us tonight everything is giving me the sh*ts more than it should)

Just arrived home and i am completely lost for words and deflated. It's really fucking sad to say but this shit-house feeling I, and im sure the majority on here are feeling, has become the norm after almost every single game for the past 6 years. When will this change? What the actual fuck is the club doing to fix this? DO WE WANT SUCCESS?We're all left with these questions, yet nothing is being done to answer them. This club makes it so hard for us to love when all it gives us, is false hope and pure shit.  All my thoughts have been pointed out already and agree with the majority on the thoughts of tonights abysmal game.

Following this club is a fucking cancer.

And for what I'm hoping is to be the last time i do this, #JvSOut 

28 minutes ago, Cityamatic said:

Exactly my thinking. Did you get any answers as to why it was closed off? Or if it was going to happen again?

(Probably more annoyed about this then I should be, but after sitting down to that steaming bowl of dog turds the team served up to us tonight everything is giving me the sh*ts more than it should)

Something to do with the roof the guy told me. It was sectioned off at the other end as well.