Melbourne Football

City vs Western Sydney, AAMI Park, Friday 13th November 2015 7:40pm

GreenSeater

So question for 'yarraside', why boo Redmayne? He was only a loyal servant for our club for a number years and in my opinion gave all he could, obviously not enough though. If that is the way we treat ex players it is abysmal and who would want to play for a club that treat there ex players like that? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, millm103 said:

So question for 'yarraside', why boo Redmayne? He was only a loyal servant for our club for a number years and in my opinion gave all he could, obviously not enough though. If that is the way we treat ex players it is abysmal and who would want to play for a club that treat there ex players like that? 

why say yarraside?

i fully agree with you but yarraside has no relevance to anything these days.

i actually said the same thing i mean its not like wsw wanted him hie had to go there because of the circumstances why boo him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tesla said:

Nothing wrong with booing an ex-player, it happens all over the world.

But fuck booing Redmayne. What the actual fuck is wrong with someone that they'd boo Redmayne? I'd be behind the goals throwing him bottles of water and towels all night, as soon as half time hit I'm run down to the sausage stand and get him a half time snack. I want to show him how much we appreciate him leaving.

So we just copy whatever everyone else does? 

Supporters mainly boo ex players who have left their club for more money or causing conflict in their move. Redmayne was released and simply wanted to play with a team that needed him. It's not his fault

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, millm103 said:

Supporters mainly boo ex players who have left their club for more money or causing conflict in their move. Redmayne was released and simply wanted to play with a team that needed him. It's not his fault

Did you not read more than the 1st sentence in my post?

• Like 1

seems that way man it was disappointing to see i mean redmayne is a good bloke, he drives a fucking hynadai exel with roof racks for his surfboard and his sick number plate redders like seriously what a top bloke hahaha

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, japiedog said:

thankfully I didn't attend that crap last night

I had a prior engagement and watched it on replay late last night

I think everyone has covered it,

We are shit, we deserved to lose that match, and should have lost 5 or 6 nill

I had a choice to go and get pissed or go and watch the game. Last time I make that mistake. I was physically there till the final whistle but after that second goal, I wasn't there. I will watch the replay and just double check some things but after a crap night's sleep the anger has not dissipated.

Unfortunately that performance was always likely given the absence of mooy and frantic and to a lesser extent kisnorbo. This is the nature of small squads and a salary capped league. 

The real problem is that we just have not got enough players in the squad who can do more than pass sideways or backwards if we want to retain the ball. Our inability to get it and keep it meant that all night we were going backwards to try and protect our weakest links. And our history has always seemed to involve a don't shoot unless you are in the six yard box - so the inability to create chances inside six yards can make it hard.

I tend to think last weeks loss was more significant than this one. 

• Like 2

Brought a mate down to watch his first game. I just couldn't stop apologizing the whole night. 

I sit in aisle 16 next to main active and thought it was okay given the main capo was out and the shit game. I thought some chants were going a little bit quicker which made it harder to catch on. 

When things are going that badly, all I want to see is that the players care and they're as pissed off as we are.. I want there to always be some players that I can hang my hat on and say "well as long as they're here, they will make this club mean something."  I liked Novillo and Fornaroli losing their heads at the ref because we needed to see some aggression. Sorenson also showed the type of leadership we've never had. Embarrassingly, our list is clearly the best it's ever been. It's time for the club to show us that they care as much as Bruno, Harry and Sorenson and fire that fucking disgrace that pretends to be our manager

• Like 1

6 hours ago, n i k o said:

Zinni: Coach is changing things up

No he isn't, the coach is keeping things exactly as they have been since season 1.

That's it for me, I'm writing a letter to Munn (who is the Chairman anyway) and that's the last home game I'm attending whilst JVS is still coaching AND the last game I'm going to until a new coach has the team playing watchable football.

I'm done, its my money and the entertainment factor is zero.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, millm103 said:

The active area where a bunch of clowns last night, booing redmayne and lighting flares, totally agree with redmayne giving his all when he was with us pretty sure the club got rid of him, not he left. 

6 hours ago, Bannon said:

hah what do you mean, flares have been around since melbourne heart started mate stop braggin like they never where in melbourne heart/city,

sounds like the same repeating process with the capo and the yarraside days, all you cunts that are complaining that its not better are the problem you honestly reckon no capo ever wanted to start a new chant over the 7 or 6 years.....of course they fucking did but its cunts in the active that just blur them out and give them no chance its fucking obvious really stupid behaviour which has been toxic with the coach same shit terrace same shit coach same shit results just different name.

Ha? Who is bragging? Never said they were never around before all l said is that we don't need the flares and be like our bogan neighbors.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Ha? Who is bragging? Never said they were never around before all l said is that we don't need the flares and be like our bogan neighbors.

Spot on Tony999, I was actually pretty angry at the time and was hoping that when they lit and threw the flare the rest of the crowd booed. It helps a bit that they had old mate outside and was obviously gonna cop and fine and a ban from future games the way he was carrying on, the crap thing was he must have been all of 16. 

7 hours ago, millm103 said:

At first I was against it as he didnt leave us willingly and did try his best for us, but I did start to feel that the chants were getting to him a little bit especially after he turned the ball over so they got my endorsement. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hedaik said:

At first I was against it as he didnt leave us willingly and did try his best for us, but I did start to feel that the chants were getting to him a little bit especially after he turned the ball over so they got my endorsement. 

Pretty much my thoughts. Felt a bit sorry for him, but it was getting to him and causing him to doubt himself on the ball which almost resulted in a goal.

Nothing personal, but you do what you can to get your team over the line i guess.

Nevertheless, awful night on and off the pitch. Once the drum went down after 35 min things turned sour 

8 hours ago, Luke said:

joke. Has shown more than gameiro tbh

wtf is the go with this bloke? Everytime he has come on this season we have literally gone down to 10 men. Absolutely invisible.

i really hope he didnt sign him instead of McLaren. 

8 hours ago, Victards said:

Just arrived home and i am completely lost for words and deflated. It's really fucking sad to say but this shit-house feeling I, and im sure the majority on here are feeling, has become the norm after almost every single game for the past 6 years. When will this change? What the actual fuck is the club doing to fix this? DO WE WANT SUCCESS?We're all left with these questions, yet nothing is being done to answer them. This club makes it so hard for us to love when all it gives us, is false hope and pure shit.  All my thoughts have been pointed out already and agree with the majority on the thoughts of tonights abysmal game.

Following this club is a fucking cancer.

And for what I'm hoping is to be the last time i do this, #JvSOut 

as i have banged on about since last season - the fact that this pathetic club has had 2 - FARKEN 2 - coaches in its ENTIRE history says everyting, and it is way more than just JVS. He is a no brainer to go. mr 30%.

The club needs a shake up - under performing individuals are on easy street - there are no consequences for failure at this joint!

That game fucking sucked. Please never leave us Mooy.

I want success and a change of coach as much as anyone, but people on here really lose their minds too much. There's no need to start boycotting games the club needs our support more than ever after another shit turnout.

It's a long season and thankfully a ridiculous finals system so we'll be a chance to make the GF again. Just gotta hope we can get some type of form going by seasons end. I still think we've got a serious team with Franjic and Zullo at FB.

Having said that if Mooy leaves in January ignore everything above and press the panic button.

After losing to Hoffman and Reddaz I think I'll spew up if/when we lose to Aloisi.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Let me just add to your comments Benzema23, I left the game early as i had to catch a train early for reasons which do not concern any one on this forum. We walked across the footbridge to the G and on walking around the G on the concourse we were greeted by the early leaving so called Active supporters who were on the lower level near Brunton Ave, they were singing loudly about how great City are which is their right but suddenly a FLARE was hurled at us, narrowly missing my wife and i so i picked it up and hurled it back. Suddenly we had a couple of louts from that crowd running up the steps at us, the leader of which shouted that i was an idiot for throwing the flare at them i mearly pointed out to this yob that if they throw them at me i will throw them back. it seem he was most upset that someone should throw a flare at them, heaven forbid.I think it is worth pointing out that most of that group were wearing black a few were wearing club tops all of them were somewhat well oiled so were feeling very brave enough to try an attack on a 76 year old man and his 75 year old wife. If this is the type of active supporters we have then this may well be the last season ticket that we will buy, i don't have to go to watch a team of losers which is what we have at the moment as i can sit at home and if they continue to play like this at least i can switch it off. Apart from that it was situation normal, players that cannot stitch two passes together and have no cohesion whatsoever what a bunch of losers, i am absolutely disgusted. JVS HAS TO GO !!!!!

Sorry to hear it Johnno. Should have rolled your sleeves up and taught the young whippersnappers a lesson on how you did things in your day. 

Just now, KSK_47 said:

How exactly did you come to this conclusion? If your local restaurant had been taken over by millionaires that have the funds to hire the best chefs in the world, yet they continued to leave greasy Joe in the kitchen serving microwave chips every night would you continue to pay to eat there?

They have dug their own grave IMO.

Haha @ greasy Joe.

We might have trillionaire owners but we're still operating in a heavily salary capped league. Never gonna be an instant transformation and the fact is they've assembled easily our best ever squad.

They did really let us down by keeping Koren though.

But really what I meant was regardless of ownership I love this club and we have fuck all core fans - we don't need to lose the ones we do have.

5 minutes ago, JC22 said:

But really what I meant was regardless of ownership I love this club and we have fuck all core fans - we don't need to lose the ones we do have.

Its great you feel that way and I'm somewhat envious of your love of the club but if theres a feeling of disconnect between fans and the CFG that runs through most of the supporters, then surely the issue is with the club and not the fans. People leaving early is a reflection on the club to me. 

I left early myself, it wouldnt concern me at all if anybody called me a fair weather supporter because of it. 

Edited by hedaik

1 minute ago, JC22 said:

Haha @ greasy Joe.

We might have trillionaire owners but we're still operating in a heavily salary capped league. Never gonna be an instant transformation and the fact is they've assembled easily our best ever squad.

They did really let us down by keeping Koren though.

Please tell me you are not still making excuses for JVS! We are operating in a capped league, which means that most clubs have squads of roughly the same level, give or take 3 or 4 players. So why not spend money in areas that can actually make a significant difference? Like a decent coach perhaps? One that hasnt had 4 years to prove himself and is still making the same fuck ups since day one? 

If you are worried about losing the core fans we already have, perhaps you should be pleading with CFG to do something to keep them, rather than telling people to be patient and sit through yet another year of utter shite.

9 hours ago, millm103 said:

I think you are taking it personally. To me in this instance, is booing someone who in opposition. Full stop! It so happen he is an ex player. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Please tell me you are not still making excuses for JVS! We are operating in a capped league, which means that most clubs have squads of roughly the same level, give or take 3 or 4 players. So why not spend money in areas that can actually make a significant difference? Like a decent coach perhaps? One that hasnt had 4 years to prove himself and is still making the same fuck ups since day one? 

If you are worried about losing the core fans we already have, perhaps you should be pleading with CFG to do something to keep them, rather than telling people to be patient and sit through yet another year of utter shite.

Not making excuses for JVS they should have got rid of him and Koren at the end of last year. Agree they've let us down there.

Was just saying people can't expect instant success in a capped league. Look how much stronger our team is compared to when they took over.

The results haven't exactly followed suit yet which is why I think JVS has to go. We are yet to field our best 11 - here's hoping that eventually happens and we can starr stringing some performances together.

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

No he isn't, the coach is keeping things exactly as they have been since season 1.

That's it for me, I'm writing a letter to Munn (who is the Chairman anyway) and that's the last home game I'm attending whilst JVS is still coaching AND the last game I'm going to until a new coach has the team playing watchable football.

I'm done, its my money and the entertainment factor is zero.

Can you please write a petition or something to CFG, so that all of us can sign online? Time for our voices to be heard by CFG.

2 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

Spot on Tony999, I was actually pretty angry at the time and was hoping that when they lit and threw the flare the rest of the crowd booed. It helps a bit that they had old mate outside and was obviously gonna cop and fine and a ban from future games the way he was carrying on, the crap thing was he must have been all of 16. 

I ran out of likes! I feel embarrassed at times like this! When our active are acted stupidly like that. We don't need flares to spruce things up. 

3 minutes ago, JC22 said:

Not making excuses for JVS they should have got rid of him and Koren at the end of last year. Agree they've let us down there.

Was just saying people can't expect instant success in a capped league. Look how much stronger our team is compared to when they took over.

The results haven't exactly followed suit yet which is why I think JVS has to go. We are yet to field our best 11 - here's hoping that eventually happens and we can starr stringing some performances together.

I was never expecting instant success. I was expecting instant change. Exactly as you say - Look how much stronger our squad is. Yet the same things that have been plaguing us since day one continue. Every squad JVS has touched has these problems and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JC22 said:

Agree this JvS needs to go. It is fucking obvious that he cannot manage. He stuck to the same structure while Popovic changed theirs depending what happen on the pitch. Unfortunately, the time has come for us to act. Only then, CFG will hear/know how unhappy we are with JvS! Shit like this is why we struggle to get the crowd into our home games! 

4 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Well said Tony.

Fuckwits throwing flares on to the field listed by some as a highlight?

If I wanted to go to the football game with dickheads I could support the tards. At least I wouldn't have to watch games like that one.

Tonight was the first ever Heart game I left early. I know it's shit, but if you want the club to get a message that change is required you need to do something. Posting on here to the converted won't do a lot.

10 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Well said Tony.

Fuckwits throwing flares on to the field listed by some as a highlight?

If I wanted to go to the football game with dickheads I could support the tards. At least I wouldn't have to watch games like that one.

Tonight was the first ever Heart game I left early. I know it's shit, but if you want the club to get a message that change is required you need to do something. Posting on here to the converted won't do a lot.

Unfortunately, the more we are served up something like last night, the more likely a fringe element present in all football supporter groups will resort to expressing themselves by throwing flares. Out of boredom mainly.

On your other point, the local club management keeps trying to push the "matchday experience" as the thing they want to talk about. Clearly the "matchday experience" that we are interested in is the football - the rest is all peripheral stuff, a bit like decorations on a cake. I'm not sure that the club is going to take any notice of people making a silent protest, leaving early, or not going at all. They clearly take no notice of comments on social media, or if they do, there is seemingly no tangible response. Corporates respond to criticism in certain defined ways, and they are well-trained to shut down adverse commentary. So, volumes of criticism via the FRG or on "City Voice" will, IMO, just see those conduits withdrawn. Unfortunately, IMO change will only occur when Manchester decides that "it's time."

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Unfortunately, the more we are served up something like last night, the more likely a fringe element present in all football supporter groups will resort to expressing themselves by throwing flares. Out of boredom mainly.

On your other point, the local club management keeps trying to push the "matchday experience" as the thing they want to talk about. Clearly the "matchday experience" that we are interested in is the football - the rest is all peripheral stuff, a bit like decorations on a cake. I'm not sure that the club is going to take any notice of people making a silent protest, leaving early, or not going at all. They clearly take no notice of comments on social media, or if they do, there is seemingly no tangible response. Corporates respond to criticism in certain defined ways, and they are well-trained to shut down adverse commentary. So, volumes of criticism via the FRG or on "City Voice" will, IMO, just see those conduits withdrawn. Unfortunately, IMO change will only occur when Manchester decides that "it's time."

In regards to the 2nd point, I used to think very much like you, but i note that after King Maltas televised rant at the end of the Aloisi debacle, Sidwell acted and noted in part that "the fans in the bleachers had a point". So these type. Of  people don't jump to supporters but at the same time they do notice us and our reactions.

ps what happened to King Malta? I miss him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

In regards to the 2nd point, I used to think very much like you, but i note that after King Maltas televised rant at the end of the Aloisi debacle, Sidwell acted and noted in part that "the fans in the bleachers had a point". So these type. Of  people don't jump to supporters but at the same time they do notice us and our reactions.

He goes by the name Embee now

18 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I think he left the terrace after we delisted mifsud. His passion was misplaced.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Oh that guy, yeah l think l saw him at Broadmeadows Shopping Centre wearing a Victory top.,