Melbourne Football

Corey Gamiero

kingofhearts

• 3 months later...

It's easy to forget the excitement there was around this guy's signing. Was showing some real quality for a period of time at Sydney FC and hopefully he can replicate and even better that. 

Ready made replacement for Novillo? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If true, career over. Club will honour his contract and do the best for his rehabilitation. We should already have pursued an injury replacement, but surely we will now if an injury is confirmed?

Possible that the club will find him employment within CFG, but I guess we can't keep on everyone. 

12 hours ago, jw1739 said:

If true, career over. Club will honour his contract and do the best for his rehabilitation. We should already have pursued an injury replacement, but surely we will now if an injury is confirmed?

Possible that the club will find him employment within CFG, but I guess we can't keep on everyone. 

He is only 23,

Menzel has done 4 ACL's and played 17 games this season.

wouldnt say career over just yet.

• Like 1

According to the physio who used to work with Catley and De Vanna before they came to City and various other professional soccer players, soccer is the worst sport for ACL and damage of the knee in general such is the movements of the sport. Surprised me, but yeah, he'd know better than I would.

Feel for @CoreyGameiro . Third ACL injury. Stay strong mate.

@Gatty54 thanks mate, it's been a tough last few days, but I know I am going to come out the other side.

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More
Edited by Dylan

I've always said Corey should be a first eleven player, which has at times been questioned. This is such a huge loss for us as this guy 'gets the culture' with supporters and the club. He's gets involved with supporters, coming down the imp etc and and he gets the rivalry the fans have against opposition and embraces it. Such a shame.  

• Like 3