Melbourne Football

Round 26: City V The Cheats Sunday 5pm (local)

Dylan

I am hoping that their appeal goes bad and they are rubbish on Sunday with nothing to play for. Maybe some player revolt to add into that to help us out too.

Scandal-hit Glory suspend court action against FFA "in the spirit of the game".

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/perth-glory-halt-court-action-over-cap-scandal

We should comfortably win

I am hoping that their appeal goes bad and they are rubbish on Sunday with nothing to play for. Maybe some player revolt to add into that to help us out too.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/perth-glory-halt-court-action-over-cap-scandal

well there you go, but i think they are going through the FFA appeal process first. Rather than straight to court.

Cmon perth. Do us a favor

well there you go, but i think they are going through the FFA appeal process first. Rather than straight to court9.

Cmon perth. Do us a favor

Either way their mind certainly won't be on the job. And the players definitely won't be slugging their guts out for the shirt

really scared brisbane will overtake us now, hopefully perth are woeful and we get another rare away win

It becomes a bit of a balancing act if we don't get anything out of these last two games and have to hope that Brisbane loses. Personally, I'd like to just get at least four points (six would be nice) from our last two games, with Brisbane taking four (if not six) points from Victory and probably costing them the premier's plate. If we get - at least - a win and a draw in the last two games, whether Brisbane overtakes us or not, there would be a very strong argument that we would go into finals as - get this - the form team of the competition.

Regardless of what you think about opposing teams, I actually feel sorry for the vast majority of their players. They are there to earn a living and play football. It is not their responsibility to look after the management of the club.

Write them off to your peril however. Just like when they sack a manager, sometimes it spurs teams on to even greater heights.

Also do not dismiss the action in the Supreme Court. The owners of Perth could in fact seek an injunction to delay the proceedings until a later date. Or if you have a smart barrister, can find plenty of loopholes in the contract between the FFA and Perth Glory. Perth has been on notice for some many months now and I am sure they will have their plan of attack and their refuting of the evidence solidly in place.

Watch this space. Nothing is so clear cut.

Regardless of what you think about opposing teams, I actually feel sorry for the vast majority of their players. They are there to earn a living and play football. It is not their responsibility to look after the management of the club.

Write them off to your peril however. Just like when they sack a manager, sometimes it spurs teams on to even greater heights.

Also do not dismiss the action in the Supreme Court. The owners of Perth could in fact seek an injunction to delay the proceedings until a later date. Or if you have a smart barrister, can find plenty of loopholes in the contract between the FFA and Perth Glory. Perth has been on notice for some many months now and I am sure they will have their plan of attack and their refuting of the evidence solidly in place.

Watch this space. Nothing is so clear cut.

Although I am wary of any court proceedings, don't forget that the man that has been running the A-League since inception, Frank Lowy, has been writing contracts for a very long time across Australia, the USA and other jurisdictions. I have little doubt that there is very little wiggle room for anyone to challenge. The last person who made such claims was a certain Clive Palmer who failed to take the matter to court over GCU.

PG initially sought an injuction but then withdrew it because they hadn't exhausted the internal processes. Current story is that they will say that the FFA does not have the authority to impose sanctions. Hmmm.

Just been reading about Keogh, his Wife , and Uncle both picking up hefty pay checks sanctioned by Glory Management , Kenny Lowe saying he only deals with the playing side cmon Kenny you sourced Keogh and other players you knew you were well over the cap, and this has been going on for not 1 but 3 years, certain players been given Free Cars and Accomodation , both Keogh and Marinkovich earning $700 000 between them plus bonuses its a joke, maybe what Kosmina said on Fox that every team should be investigated ,And maybe the FFA should think about having a special department that checks the books of every club more stringently. ESPECIALLY OUR NEIGHBOURS ACROSS THE CITY.

Melbourne City FC squad:  1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.Harry NOVILLO, 10.Robert KOREN, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Josh KENNEDY, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 26.Marc MARINO, 28.Nick SYMEOY

***one to be omitted***

Ins:  7.Iain RAMSAY (promoted), 22.Jack CLISBY (promoted), 26.Marc MARINO (promoted), 28.Nick SYMEOY (promoted)

Outs:  25.Jacob MELLING (suspended, card accumulation – 1 match), 27.Kew JALIENS (suspended, card accumulation – 1 match), 29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN (tbc)

Unavailable:  3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle – 2 weeks), 11.Damien DUFF (ankle/calf – indefinite), 14.James BROWN (foot – 5-6 weeks), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 6-7 weeks)

Dekker has probably been brought into the seniors with an eye for next season and see if he copes with a couple months training before even being considered for game time.

Marino on the other has had that. So maybe he might get some involvement.

Seriously with Kennedy and Williams struggling we need somebody to bang in a few soon.

I see the Perth CEO Jason Brewer has taken one for the team and resigned, imagine being able to spend $500 000 over the salary cap budget without Tony Sage ( Millionaire Mining Magnate ), the Directors and Kenny Lowe even knowing about it HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME, never mind Jason no doubt you got a good redundancy pay Cheque.

I see the Perth CEO Jason Brewer has taken one for the team and resigned, imagine being able to spend $500 000 over the salary cap budget without Tony Sage ( Millionaire Mining Magnate ), the Directors and Kenny Lowe even knowing about it HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME, never mind Jason no doubt you got a good redundancy pay Cheque.

Don't forget that he remains working alongside Sage in the Pilbara being a Director of the Cape Lambert operations. before joining PG he was their CEO. So even if he did not get a redundancy cheque he won't be short of cash nor alternative employment in the mining industry.

Kenny Lowe is probably the only one I would be willing to accept that he was unaware. Not saying he was unaware, but just that I believe he is in the only position where he potentially could have known.

• Like 4

Updated squad for this game:

Melbourne City FC squad:

1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK)
4.Connor CHAPMAN
5.Erik PAARTALU
6.Aaron MOOY
7.Iain RAMSAY
8.Massimo MURDOCCA
9.Harry NOVILLO
10.Robert KOREN
13.Jonatan GERMANO
15.David WILLIAMS
18.Paulo RETRE
20.Tando VELAPHI (GK)
21. Stefan MAUK
22.Jack CLISBY
24.Patrick KISNORBO ©
26.Marc MARINO
28.Nick SYMEOY

***one to be omitted***

Ins:
7.Iain RAMSAY (promoted)
22.Jack CLISBY (promoted)
26.Marc MARINO (promoted)
28.Nick SYMEOY (promoted)

Outs:
16.Josh KENNEDY (general soreness - 1 week)
25.Jacob MELLING (suspended, card accumulation – 1 match)
27.Kew JALIENS (suspended, card accumulation – 1 match)
29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN (general soreness - tbc)

Unavailable:
3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle – 2 weeks)
11.Damien DUFF (ankle/calf – indefinite)
14.James BROWN (foot – 5-6 weeks)
19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 6-7 weeks)

What do we think the starting line up will be? 

Kenny Lowe is probably the only one I would be willing to accept that he was unaware. Not saying he was unaware, but just that I believe he is in the only position where he potentially could have known.

Its hard to believe that a coach would not be aware of how much his players were being paid unless he had no say whatsoever in recruiting. It defies belief really, he may not know the payment details or the exact dollar amounts but he'd be incompetent or innumerate if he didn't know that his team was significantly over the salary cap. We aren't talking a few dollars here

Updated squad for this game:

Melbourne City FC squad:

1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK)

4.Connor CHAPMAN

5.Erik PAARTALU

6.Aaron MOOY

7.Iain RAMSAY

8.Massimo MURDOCCA

9.Harry NOVILLO

10.Robert KOREN

13.Jonatan GERMANO

15.David WILLIAMS

18.Paulo RETRE

20.Tando VELAPHI (GK)

21. Stefan MAUK

22.Jack CLISBY

24.Patrick KISNORBO ©

26.Marc MARINO

28.Nick SYMEOY

***one to be omitted***

Ins:

7.Iain RAMSAY (promoted)

22.Jack CLISBY (promoted)

26.Marc MARINO (promoted)

28.Nick SYMEOY (promoted)

Outs:

16.Josh KENNEDY (general soreness - 1 week)

25.Jacob MELLING (suspended, card accumulation – 1 match)

27.Kew JALIENS (suspended, card accumulation – 1 match)

29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN (general soreness - tbc)

Unavailable:

3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle – 2 weeks)

11.Damien DUFF (ankle/calf – indefinite)

14.James BROWN (foot – 5-6 weeks)

19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 6-7 weeks)

What do we think the starting line up will be? 

probably the usual 4-3-3 with Koren up top.