Melbourne Football

Round 26: City V The Cheats Sunday 5pm (local)

Dylan

Starting XI (@MelbourneCity) | Velaphi (GK), Clisby, Kisnorbo, Chapman, Retre, Germano, Paartalu, Mooy, Koren, Williams, Novillo #PERvMCY

Subs (@MelbourneCity) | Redmayne (GK), Ramsay, Murdocca, Mauk, Marino #PERvMCY #Final180

--------

Why play all your first choice players? This should be a great opportunity to play Marino and Mauk in particular, but even Ramsey might as well get a chance to start.

Strange logic to take a risk with further injury issues for key players if theres very little to gain.

Edited by Heart_fan

Got no idea how we're going to score with that line up :/

Similar line up to the Sydney game we won in round 22, except instead of Jaliens, Duga and Brown we have Chapman, Novillo and Williams which comparably I'd say is an improvement on the whole.

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

A full strength XI has been selected. It looks like the coaches want a settled line up leading into the finals, which is a respectable counterargument to experimenting with youth in this 2nd last pre-finals match.

Will be interesting to see whether the team reverts to 4-3-3, or if it plays 4-4-2 (diamond) again. I'd like to see 4-4-2 again, as I thought it worked pretty well last match. In particular, I reckon the pace of Novillo and Williams up front could trouble the opposition's defence.

Arguably it will be a bit of an experimental XI anyway, with Kennedy being rested and Williams starting, with Marino and Mauk good chances to get a respectable amount of minutes off the bench.

I reckon this line-up could do pretty well. The main question is how our attackers go, and whether they can put away their chances or not. 

Edited by Murfy1

red and white.

Yes wonderful to see us in the colours of the city of Melbourne again.

I am more worried about us dealing with the burden of Tesla betting on us!

I have turned $200 into about $750 so far this weekend, so I'm in good form at the moment.

Unfortunately, I've made my biggest bet of the weekend on this match, and I seem to always lose my biggest bet in recent times, so the omens are bad in that regard.

Edited by Tesla