Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 hour ago, Deeming said:

Looks unlikely
http://www.transfermarkt.com/wallace/profil/spieler/68833
In team since:
 Jun 1, 2016 
Contract until: 31.05.2018 

Last played just a day or so ago on 22nd August in the 2-1 loss to Flamengo - subbed off in the 46th minute. Has been left out of the squad on a fair few occasions, but it does look an unlikely transfer to come here..

So we appear to have signed Brad Clarke, bringing our squad numbers to 20, plus Cahill as a guest. Anyone know the details of Clarke? There was a rumour that we were also going to sign Crowley - any further news there?

The limit of 23+3 plus guest is getting tighter.

Edited by jw1739
Correction of number.

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So we appear to have signed Brad Clarke, bringing our squad numbers to 20, plus Cahill as a guest. Anyone know the details of Clarke? There was a rumour that we were also going to sign Crowley - any further news there?

The limit of 23+3 plus guest is getting tighter.

Going by the Davutovic article Clarke will be an injury replacement for Franjic.

Didn't think he went too badly once he came on tbh.

Edited by jw1739

2 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Well looks like Victory will tear us new a-holes in our backline.

Yep serious cause for concern. Rose looks like he will struggle playing a high line, his ability to get up and down the pitch looked suspect from the get go. Malik garunteed a major fuck up every 2 games with some minor ones every game. Cant rely on Chapman then to make up for these shortfalls and he has some of his own. Right back position will be chopped and changed once JVS starts playing Muscat in CD and RB.

Where is our visa defender that we desperately need. Fuck sake, JVS better do something about this. 

12 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Can't wait for another horrible Etihad derby experience....

I can. 

Each time it comes around I make all the excuses not to go.

But eventually I go and have regretted all of them. Maybe that 0:0 draw was manageable .

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

All very well, but we're supposed to have had this other marquee settled months ago. Although I'm beginning to doubt that.

Same. 

But wasn't the whole Cahill guest spot created because we had said Marquee? 

Only logical possibility is that he is currently playing in MLS.

Longer this takes the more skeptical I'm getting. And if we go into the season without a second Marquee well that's just incompetence. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

That was my understanding. 

So what would FFAs reaction be if we end up with no second Marquee. Obviously we can say it fell through for whatever reason but in effect we have created this third Marquee position and not used it.

Just makes no sense.

• Like 1

IMO it's not FFA who will make the noise - they have their "bums on seats man" Cahill - it will be the handful of other clubs that opposed the full-season guest marquee. So I think we will have the second marquee if only to head off a lot of criticism. But every day that passes without any announcement on the remaining squad players creates more uncertainty.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jessee Jenkinson said:

why don't city sign portugal CB Ricardo Carvalho who just played and won for portugal in euros and is a free agent

1 hour ago, Jessee Jenkinson said:

Another rumour for city is Ricardo Carvalho who played for Portugal in euro win. CB

lol, you mean the rumour you just fabricated? 

• Like 6

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 10:16 PM, Jovan said:

Same. 

But wasn't the whole Cahill guest spot created because we had said Marquee? 

Only logical possibility is that he is currently playing in MLS.

Longer this takes the more skeptical I'm getting. And if we go into the season without a second Marquee well that's just incompetence. 

Is CSL still in competition?

15 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Is CSL still in competition?

I was under the impression that the CSL uses all their foreign slots on attackers. Hence the terrible defending in the Asian Champions League. Maybe I am living in a fantasy, but here's hoping that we aren't going to neglect our defence entirely. 

2 hours ago, Blackout said:

I was under the impression that the CSL uses all their foreign slots on attackers. Hence the terrible defending in the Asian Champions League. Maybe I am living in a fantasy, but here's hoping that we aren't going to neglect our defence entirely. 

You know more than me i was pointing another league.

45 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I'm wondering if CFG didn't exaggerate "a little" in order to get a better deal from FFA?

Reckon there wouldve been some sorta guarentee that this other Marquee was coming. Maybe CFG had to tell FFA who the player was in order for FFA to change rules. I'd want a guarentee before handing over $ 

• Like 1

On 26 August 2016 at 1:15 AM, Tesla said:

This is what will happen (prepare green lines):

We will sign a 30yo+ centre back

"herererererer old slow injury #yoof herererererer"

Will be a wall in defence

Will save our ass many times

We finish 2nd-4th

JVS survives

Surely no matter what he's gone at the end of this season. Surely.

• jw1739 pinned this topic