Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

15 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

The World Game understands Rose won't be the only defensive addition to Melbourne City's squad with the imminent arrival of a South American defender.

Would have thought Demichelis if he didn't sign with Espanyol, hopefully this South American Defender is under the cap and the club can sign another defender as Marquee to really strengthen the defense.

18 minutes ago, heart_fan10 said:

I honestly think 1 more quality CB will be enough for our defence. If you look at adelaides defence last season it wasn't anything special in my opinion, but they were very well organised and drilled. Hopefully this is one of the main reasons Valkanis was brought in and he can fix the problems we've had at the back.

I do however believe we need a quality marquee AM to sit behind Bruno and Cahill. We've got the best 2 strikers an a-league club has ever had lining up next to each other and it would be a shame to deprive them of the service we once had with Mooy. I like Caceres but I'm not confident relying just on him to be that player.

Spot on. 

I still think a marquee cb would be amazing Brattan Kilkenny and Caceras should be good enough to supply Cahill and Fornaroli and hopefully Brandan is another diamond in the rough. Gameiro and Fitzy chip in how can we loose at all. We will be unstoppable. 

Only thing that really concerns me is mr 33%. If he can become mr 61% this season then now were talking. 

Right now I feel we've got two spots in out starting eleven that need to be filled CB & LB, with two visa spots remaining I always felt those to spots would go to those positions but with Rose coming in surely we won't sign visa LB. Presuming we use a visa spot on a CB I really wonder what type of player the other visa spot will be used on. 

19 minutes ago, neio said:

Martin caceras is South American,  doesn't have a club (that I can see) and would fit into marquee discussion 

Would be good addition 

This is just a pure guess though 

Serious injuries in his past two seasons.

As usual, given the source, take it with more than a grain of salt:

Clisby bound for Wanderers

Aug. 11, 2016

By The Secret Agent

We can reveal that Melbourne City utility defender Jack Clisby is another player to have his contract cut short with the City Group.

Clisby was only 10 weeks into a two-year deal with City but was told to look elsewhere as chances would be limited this season.

It certainly looks like a strange decision by coach John Van Schip given Clisby's short time at the club.

It is believed Clisby will agree to sign a deal that will see him play for Western Sydney Wanderers, joining his former City teammate Jacob melling.

Stay tuned Wanderers fans.

http://www.sportingnews.com/football/list/the-secret-agent-wanderers-to-snap-up-city-defender/1u9w9p0fsrtx91a5zjeu5jbiry/slide/1

11 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

As usual, given the source, take it with more than a grain of salt:

Clisby bound for Wanderers

Aug. 11, 2016

By The Secret Agent

We can reveal that Melbourne City utility defender Jack Clisby is another player to have his contract cut short with the City Group.

Clisby was only 10 weeks into a two-year deal with City but was told to look elsewhere as chances would be limited this season.

It certainly looks like a strange decision by coach John Van Schip given Clisby's short time at the club.

It is believed Clisby will agree to sign a deal that will see him play for Western Sydney Wanderers, joining his former City teammate Jacob melling.

Stay tuned Wanderers fans.

http://www.sportingnews.com/football/list/the-secret-agent-wanderers-to-snap-up-city-defender/1u9w9p0fsrtx91a5zjeu5jbiry/slide/1

Would be an interesting development and IMO, probably indicates the two visa signings are a LB and a CB. Lots happening this week.

• jw1739 pinned this topic